• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Cultural Appropriation

I find the Muslim cultural misappropriation to be the most offensive. How dare we eat thier Halal food?

Do they eat our Pork or drink our Beer and Wine? No they don't. They respect our culture, we should respect theirs.

Yours,

Sucralose, channeling Bedrag.

9 minutes ago, Kilham said:

I just made some Jamaican gingerbread. Does that count?.

Did you say that in a Jamaican accent while forgetting that your father is called Rupert?

Agreed, I think if we can't wear Indian dresses or listen to rap music, have dreadlocks, then other cultures need to stop using our inventions.

edit: btf I don't think Indian's or Africans, Jamaicans are making this argument, it's those insane SJWs "defending others" that's the fucking issue here.

Edited by snagger

1 hour ago, snagger said:

Agreed, I think if we can't wear Indian dresses or listen to rap music, have dreadlocks, then other cultures need to stop using our inventions.

edit: btf I don't think Indian's or Africans, Jamaicans are making this argument, it's those insane SJWs "defending others" that's the fucking issue here.

You'd be wrong, look at those two links posted above. 

Although can't see how Don Letts can sit there saying what he is wearing a knitted dreadlock hat, knitting being very much a European tradition. 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

I am offended. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44123786

not because YORKSHIRE pudding is served here as a sweet (this is a traditional way of serving it in god’s own) but because the Americans are calling it a Dutch baby. 

Where can I file my claim for the hurt and damages?  

It's not a sweet. It is a sodding pudding. The clue is in the name.

4 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

It's not a sweet. It is a sodding pudding. The clue is in the name.

It is traditional to have YORKSHIRE pudding as a starter so as to fill you up so that you then don’t have as much meat with the main course. I do this now, even for Christmas dinner. 

My gran explained that it used to also be eaten with jam as a pudding so as to save on cost of having to provide a separate dessert. 

We were dirt poor though. You were clearly lucky. 

I wonder which would be considered the most 'offensive'.

Me, as a white person, 'appropriating' and listening to gangsta rap....

Or me not listening to gangsta rap, not because I may be 'appropriating', but because I think gangsta rap is the aural equivalent of the contents of my one year olds nappy. It is like cleaning out your ears with a Q-tip dunked in shit.

Appropriate that.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I wonder which would be considered the most 'offensive'.

Me, as a white person, 'appropriating' and listening to gangsta rap....

Or me not listening to gangsta rap, not because I may be 'appropriating', but because I think gangsta rap is the aural equivalent of the contents of my one year olds nappy. It is like cleaning out your ears with a Q-tip dunked in shit.

Appropriate that.

The most offensive is appropriating anything from YORKSHIRE and passing it off as being from somewhere else. Everything else pales into insignificance.  

35 minutes ago, One percent said:

It is traditional to have YORKSHIRE pudding as a starter so as to fill you up so that you then don’t have as much meat with the main course. I do this now, even for Christmas dinner. 

My gran explained that it used to also be eaten with jam as a pudding so as to save on cost of having to provide a separate dessert. 

We were dirt poor though. You were clearly lucky. 

Cold Yorkshire pudding with a light smear of butter and Tate and Lyle golden syrup.....yummy. Used to do this with my mother’s left over Yorkshires. 

Now I’m at the mercy of my Aunt Bessie.

On 11/05/2018 at 02:11, Bedrag Justesen said:

Jamaican cultural appropriation is Cilla Black's Johnny Reggae

As an old git, who can unfortunately remember this song very clearly, Johnny Reggae was a 1971 chart hit for the Piglets. They were one of Jonathan King's manufactured "bands", along with St Cecilia, who had a hit with 'Leap Up And Down(Wave Your Knickers In The Air.) Due to King's proclivities, neither are likely to be heard on the radio again.

On 11/05/2018 at 02:11, Bedrag Justesen said:

7 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

Cold Yorkshire pudding with a light smear of butter and Tate and Lyle golden syrup.....yummy. Used to do this with my mother’s left over Yorkshires. 

Now I’m at the mercy of my Aunt Bessie.

Nnoooo. You have to make your own. Aunt Bessie ones are horrible. If you really must, in an emergency, then marks and Spencer. 

Mind, I’ve not seen them in there for a while