• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Incompetence finds a nw high

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m not sure how the doctor even managed it. Detaching a head whilst still inside the womb... o.O

I presume the baby was decapitated by the undilated cervix as its legs were dragged out, basically the head was left behind. It was only 26 weeks.

Edited by Hopeful

4 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I presume the baby was decapitated by the undilated cervix as its legs were dragged out, basically the head was left behind. It was only 26 weeks.

But the force needed to do it...  beggars belief. 

Seeing the force used by the doctor on my firstborn with forceps, not surprised.  Concern over oxygen starvation of the nipper plus very big head equals problem.

My fault really for not choosing a buttertroll with huge hips for my first wife.  My bad.

Got to love the NHS. The pressure for vaginal delivery very nearly killed my wife last year. I spent two hours sat out side the small theatre holding my new born son while they saved her.

I have never seen such arrogance as we did. Seriously the NHS is not staffed by Angels it is staffed by lazy arrogant fuckers, it cannot be ended fast enough for me.

Government has no role in healthcare none at all. 

12 hours ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

There does seem to be a trend now for vaginal deliveries at all costs.

Yes. My local Hermes delivery driver gave me quite a shock when she dropped off my order for some wheelnuts the other week.

Maybe the underlying problem is the general cost cutting culture?

I agree that a number of years ago caesarean births were disproportionate i.e., IMO, far too many for a natural human event.

It’s a sad day though to read that story where a caesarean would have been best. However, I would also state that I have my doubts that such a premature baby has a fighting chance in life.

OK, if it’s your pregnancy, birth or baby then it’s very important to individuals for personal reasons. I can honestly say though that a miscarriage, premature baby who died or one who wasn’t delivered alive is just nature and has to be accepted. The last thing I would have wanted was a baby with possible dire health problems or even worse obvious ones and being kept alive through technology with massive hurdles ahead to even attempt a normal independent life.

22 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Maybe the underlying problem is the general cost cutting culture?

I agree that a number of years ago caesarean births were disproportionate i.e., IMO, far too many for a natural human event.

It’s a sad day though to read that story where a caesarean would have been best. However, I would also state that I have my doubts that such a premature baby has a fighting chance in life.

OK, if it’s your pregnancy, birth or baby then it’s very important to individuals for personal reasons. I can honestly say though that a miscarriage, premature baby who died or one who wasn’t delivered alive is just nature and has to be accepted. The last thing I would have wanted was a baby with possible dire health problems or even worse obvious ones and being kept alive through technology with massive hurdles ahead to even attempt a normal independent life.

Babies born at 26 weeks have about a 40% chance of growing up completely healthy and a 20% chance of only mild disability so there's a decent chance this baby would have been fine.

5 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I've seen '24-week' babies in incubators.

They are small, but, as they say, look perfectly formed.

My cousin gave birth at 24 weeks, as you say baby perfectly formed. The baby survived and is a perfectly healthy teenager. The story in the OP is horrendous. I don't understand the argument that VB's are cheaper than C -sections, many women suffer a lot of damage down below afterwards and the costs to rectify need to be added to the total costs.

4 hours ago, Goat said:

Last time I checked Dundee was in Scotland and the NHS is one of those areas delegated to the Scottish government.

The SNP’s nickname is the Tartan Tories 9_9

1 minute ago, Goat said:

Isn't that just the label Labour try to stick on them in the same way SNP calls them "Red Tories"?

Possibly. Personally I think the majority of snp politicians are feathering their own nests with no regard for the general population or the country just like most of the rest from other political parties!

Whether the push for vaginal deliveries over the last few years is actually cost driven or not I don't know. I do know of several people who 15 years ago would have been kept in from labour commencing under observation and would have been given a c-section if things started going wrong. But nowadays are sent home and have to rush back to the hospital in an emergency.