• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Melchett

Yachting (and other activities that aren’t what you think)

So as the British meedja seem disinclined to investigate and discuss that Ms Markle might be fond of yachting, I thought we ought to have a thread where we can chat about things that aren’t quite what they seem.

Or maybe just other celebs who are also fond of messing about in boats? See where it goes.

10 minutes ago, One percent said:

Do we have to wear yellow wellies whilst posting on the thread?

I have to confess I have been on deck with wellies filled almost to the brim with water but I can honestly say it was absolutely pissing down with rain at the time.

Edited by onlyme

4 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Deck shoes and a little peaked cap perhaps?

Depends. I think that if it is under sail, then it’s yellow wellies, if motor driv3n, then the shoes and cap.  

Im sure cunning will be along with his superior knowledge on this 

19 minutes ago, Melchett said:

So as the British meedja seem disinclined to investigate and discuss that Ms Markle might be fond of yachting, I thought we ought to have a thread where we can chat about things that aren’t quite what they seem.

Or maybe just other celebs who are also fond of messing about in boats? See where it goes.

Suspect there are a few things Ms Markle is fond of that the media are disinclined to discuss. 

6 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Suspect there are a few things Ms Markle is fond of that the media are disinclined to discuss. 

Stil. Fair play to the ginger nut. I wouldn’t turn down a chance to go boating with her either. Maybe even the odd bit of snorkelling.

Just now, Melchett said:

Stil. Fair play to the ginger nut. I wouldn’t turn down a chance to go boating with her either. Maybe even the odd bit of snorkelling.

Indeed. Having had the pick of beautiful women for decades, he’s not a man who will have had his head turned easily, and he looks besotted. Every man over 35 knows that there is only one way that happens. This one has serious talent and will have developed her skills over time with a lot of practice. 

21 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Cough * interweb* tere's no such thing as media bans.

The world s no longer stops athe channel.

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

No mystery as far as I know,  the premise is broadly understood to be:

Yachting - Standing in a hole in the water and pouring money into it.

Cruising - Fixing broken yachts in exotic locations.

15 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Indeed. Having had the pick of beautiful women for decades, he’s not a man who will have had his head turned easily, and he looks besotted. Every man over 35 knows that there is only one way that happens. This one has serious talent and will have developed her skills over time with a lot of practice. 

:D

Question: "why would a prince marry a divorced older woman?"

Answer: "because she's pure fucking filth between the sheets, god bless her..."

3 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

:D

Question: "why would a prince marry a divorced older woman?"

Answer: "because she's pure fucking filth between the sheets, god bless her..."

Most definitely, filth written all over her face

There'll be one hell of a trade-off, however

And that's also written all over her face

(Harry often attended parties on yachts)

Edited by Hopeful

Anecdotally,  when I was in Mexico I worked in a Marina where Nicholas Cage had a boat.  He only visited once the year I was there..  which was a total fanfare of extra security and staff turning up.   This fanfare alerted the local press so the whole of Mazatlan knew he was coming. According to gossip, he stayed one day..  went into town in snakeskin trousers and a big hat..  was immediately recognised..  and then stormed off back to the US in a huff because he couldn’t get any privacy..  despite staying on a boat.  Which he never took out of the marina. You know,  to get some privacy. 

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Depends. I think that if it is under sail, then it’s yellow wellies, if motor driv3n, then the shoes and cap.  

Im sure cunning will be along with his superior knowledge on this 

You seem to have an odd fixation with yellow wellies.

Something traumatic in your past?

Just now, Bedrag Justesen said:

Like Mary Berry.

TBH, as you get older and the hormones decline, a lady with the 'skills' of Mary Berry grows increasingly attractive relative to those of an 'actress'.

Friend of mine spunked 25K on owning a 27 foot yacht over 4 years.

When I pointed out he could have had 2 weeks in the med on a 50 foot yatch twice a year ( effectively doubling his number of sailing days per year ) for half that he looked none too impressed.

Big floaters are for the rich.

That lead us on to calculating a price per usage....which I think is a good idea for a thread.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

35 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Friend of mine spunked 25K on owning a 27 foot yacht over 4 years.

When I pointed out he could have had 2 weeks in the med on a 50 foot yatch twice a year ( effectively doubling his number of sailing days per year ) for half that he looked none too impressed.

Big floaters are for the rich.

That lead us on to calculating a price per usage....which I think is a good idea for a thread.

Little floaters are for the rich too.

Every seaside town suffered from 'Lets get a Marina!' fantasy i nthe 80s/90.s

Council would build these fucking big boat parks, expecting the rich and famous to turn up.

All you get a refucking floating mobile homes, crewed by penny pinching tight wads who piss in bottles and make their own sandwiches.

18 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Yip, that's all a yacht is.  A caravan for people with more money than sense.

Nope.

A caravan for people with little sense and even less space money.