• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JackieO

UK Proposes Six Year Prison Sentences for Online Posts Against Religion, Transgender

That's much longer that that recent case where that cyclist on the illegal bike killed a pedestrian.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/18/cyclist-charlie-alliston-jailed-for-18-months-over-death-of-pedestrian

In fact, If they bring this in, then the sentences for saying hurty words on the internet will be similar (maybe even less) to those for getting pissed up and running somebody over in your car.

o.O

8 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

just create a new religion, no one will be able to criticise it.

One that regards all the other religions as a load of shite and all those who practice them as.... no, wait, isnt that most if not all religions anyway? How do they propose to square that circle? Or will it be Ok to criticise other religions only if doing so from the perspective of a select religion or religions?

Edited by Melchett

7 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

just create a new religion, no one will be able to criticise it.

...or just let people stop posting stuff but still harbour the same thoughts. 

Counter productive if the goal is to really stop this sort of thing (this thing being extremism or words that then lead to actual violence, which I don't think 99% of what they might try and prosecute would).

Edited by gilf

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

This is the free speech that Sadie Khan said Londoners valued?

Only if its their own, vile hateful views.

If it is other peoples vile hateful views then they are agin it.

7 minutes ago, BLOOLOO said:

Hate used to mean real and deadly dislike.   today it means you disagree.  Tomorrow its a weapon to imprison thinkers.  

Here and at my workplace, such foolishness is discussed. It does not make it to the broadcasters, or the government.

8 minutes ago, the gardener said:

It's clear that the establishment is running scared of the internet and the plebs access to it. This new law is probably aimed at Tommy Robinson and the like.

I'm waiting for "my dad was a bus driver" to get six years for saying teenage girls being blown to pieces is part and parcel of living in a big city. If that's not hate speech I don't know what is.

I suppose one way round this is for hundreds of thousands/millions to post the "offending" articles and thus swamp the hurty words police and courts/prison system. I really think that's it's becoming tine to show the establishment that we, the people, are governed by consent, our consent. That consent needs to be removed I believe.

Top post. They appear to have forgotten the consent part 

Edited by One percent
Fecking crapple

I was thinking we should start a Sharia Law Party. It would bring the Muslim hate of others out in the open whilst proposed laws such as this would protect you. Of course, it could backfire, we''d win, and we'd have to issue free bin liners to all British women (in XXL!).

Very good timing.   I've just been debating with a very old friend on Facebook about the Israeli settlements and treatment of Palestinians.

He is Jewish,  and we were very good friends at uni.

So far he has made accusations of antisemitism (despite the fact that both sides are ethnically Semitic peoples),  he has described himself as "highly offended" but has offered almost nothing by way of debate to justify his views.

Shutting down debate by screaming racist and hurt feelings is a ridiculous state of affairs and is only likely to get worse if this kind of legislation is passed.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'll get in quick then before they bring in that law:

sunni islam is a totalitarian death cult that has no place in this or any other civilisation. It should be proscribed and any of its adherents who refuse to renounce it either deported or interned.

Phew, just made it! :)

It'll be retrospective. Delete. Delete!

Just now, The Generation Game said:

It'll be retrospective. Delete. Delete!

Unfortunately he can’t delete your post, and now you’re in the shit too for propagating such BadThink

Resurrect the Aztec religion here in the UK, start protesting for rights to practice the religion freely and fully as other relgions do.

Demand exceptions to the law as other relgions have with say Kosher or halal to allow human sacrifice.

Anyone who disagres would be dirty Tenochtitlaniphobic bigot and get 6 years!

Hopefully then people will realise how stupid this law is.