• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
shindigger

Channel 5

Well its been creeping up on me lately, and its becoming more apparent that Ch5 are making more watchable, insightful, decent telly than anyone else right now. Just watched Portillo doing an hour on Imber, a Wilts village that was sequestered by the MOD in the war.

Very good Mike.

3 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Well its been creeping up on me lately, and its becoming more apparent that Ch5 are making more watchable, insightful, decent telly than anyone else right now. Just watched Portillo doing an hour on Imber, a Wilts village that was sequestered by the MOD in the war.

Very good Mike.

Appalling politician (I still remember the night he was ousted) but a superb commentator and program front person 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Appalling politician (I still remember the night he was ousted) but a superb commentator and program front person 

Totally.  His train journeys are fun but he should never have had political power.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Totally.  His train journeys are fun but he should never have had political power.

I think you could apply the second half of your statement to all current politicians. 

Does Portaloo still find it mandatory to dress like a gay antiques dealer when he's on Channel 5, or is that get up foisted on him by the So-Called BBC production team?

Personally I'm still waiting for the day Channel 5's viewing figures get so low they have some of the cast of Can't Pay on the doorstep of their own offices.

Just now, One percent said:

I think you could apply the second half of your statement to all current politicians. 

Excuse me!  Amber Rudd is rich, Boris Johnson quotes Greek badly, Jeremy Steptoe was a union teaboy.  What else do you need?

1 minute ago, SNACR said:

Does Portaloo still find it mandatory to dress like a gay antiques dealer when he's on Channel 5, or is that get up foisted on him by the So-Called BBC production team?

Personally I'm still waiting for the day Channel 5's viewing figures get so low they have some of the cast of Can't Pay on the doorstep of their own offices.

👍

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Excuse me!  Amber Rudd is rich, Boris Johnson quotes Greek badly, Jeremy Steptoe was a union teaboy.  What else do you need?

xD and gideot was a towel folder. 

38 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Very good Mike.

Did a really interesting one on Shepton Mallet prison last week.  Didn't know that the Magna Carta was kept there during the war..

https://www.my5.tv/portillos-hidden-history-of-britain/season-1/episode-3

2 hours ago, Dave Beans said:

Did a really interesting one on Shepton Mallet prison last week.  Didn't know that the Magna Carta was kept there during the war..

https://www.my5.tv/portillos-hidden-history-of-britain/season-1/episode-3

Spoiler alert FFS

I'm just working my way through these - so far, BTW, sartorially, Portaloo seems to have gone for a British Jason Bourne ensemble so guess it is just a BBC thing.