• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Mellie

Off topic off topic

I know if this is normal, but I often start a thread on the last page and work back through the various ripostes and witty repartee... But sometimes I open a thread and just think 'how the hell did this happen?'

Example: I opened the Rohingya thread to find a discussion on arsonist firemen. What gives?

23 hours ago, One percent said:

Reminds me frank, I was going to ask you how to get into accounting. xD

Yes, its something I've always been interested in

@Frank Hovis, could you give us an idea of the various entry routes open to us please?

xD

Yay, the old fashioned emoticon things are back.

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:53, Roger_Mellie said:

I know if this is normal, but I often start a thread on the last page and work back through the various ripostes and witty repartee... But sometimes I open a thread and just think 'how the hell did this happen?'

Example: I opened the Rohingya thread to find a discussion on arsonist firemen. What gives?

Weird way to read, I start on page 1 and read forwards. That way the quotes and thins will make sense, and you will be able to see when a hijacking is occurring.

What books are people reading just now?

2 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

In Suffolk, the fishermen wear knitted sweaters, and each family has it's own distinctive pattern.

Bookmark this post for future reference.

Is this true? Do the fishermen dump people at sea to create work for the RNLI? 

They probably should do.

My rhubarb is coming up really well but  I still don't know if I should cut off those flowery stalks or not.  Every year I wrestle with the idea that those stalks take energy from the leaves and yet not allowing the plant to seed itself seems sort of cruel.  I have read arguments both ways . . . decisions, decisions.  Any input? 

9 minutes ago, Snow bird said:

My rhubarb is coming up really well but  I still don't know if I should cut off those flowery stalks or not.  Every year I wrestle with the idea that those stalks take energy from the leaves and yet not allowing the plant to seed itself seems sort of cruel.  I have read arguments both ways . . . decisions, decisions.  Any input? 

If you stalk isn't big enough I believe you can force it.

4 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

If you stalk isn't big enough I believe you can force it.

I have found that forcing it is not a great plan.   Love is like a fart.  if you have to force it, it is probably shit. 

1 minute ago, Snow bird said:

I have found that forcing it is not a great plan.   Love is like a fart.  if you have to force it, it is probably shit. 

Possibly true but what has it got to do with rhubarb?

At the risk of derailing the thread, anyone know where I can buy (mail order) a decent quantity of fresh red Thai chillies?

12 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

At the risk of derailing the thread, anyone know where I can buy (mail order) a decent quantity of fresh red Thai chillies?

Grow them, much fresher and the scoville score will be much higher

18 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Fucking love chillies. Why do you need decent quantities? 

I'd like to know how to do a small capacity (200ml) capsicum spray with a range of a couple of metres. 

Edited by mattydread

3 minutes ago, mattydread said:

Fucking love chillies. Why do you need decent quantities? 

I'd like to know how to do a small capacity (200ml) capsicum spray with a range of a couple of metres. 

Cos I get through a lot of them and the local shops very rarely have the small red ones in stock. They freeze brilliantly so would consider getting six months supply in one go.

5 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Weird way to read, I start on page 1 and read forwards. That way the quotes and thins will make sense, and you will be able to see when a hijacking is occurring.

What books are people reading just now?

im reading one on the history of britain 1650-1950 im up to disraili ...

20 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

The Thai girl that walked into reception earlier was pretty hot. Doubt she will order rhubarb, as we don't have any, but will probably go for something with chili.

20 hours ago, stokiescum said:

im reading one on the history of britain 1650-1950 im up to disraili ...

History is interesting, revisiting things later in life, reading them with knowledge gained from life now. This for example :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cable_Street

Edited by Carl Fimble
from not whstever it was

22 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

History is interesting, revisiting things later in life, reading them with knowledge gained from life now. This for example :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cable_Street

maybe history will treat modern politicians better than the way i think of them,but the likes of wilberforce,disrali,palmerstone etc they will never be.not only did they battle each other they had the royal family to contend with to boot.

23 hours ago, Snow bird said:

I let them grow last year an had a shit harvest. But then that could just be because last year was shit.

Got 3 of them in one plant before I knew it this year... chopped them and ate the bits I could. Will see how the rest of the year goes. Had a big harvest a few weeks ago after the shot out of nowhere!