• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Shit stirring stories in the News

A shadowy global operation involving big data, billionaire friends of Trump and the disparate forces of the Leave campaign influenced the result of the EU referendum. As Britain heads to the polls again, is our electoral process still fit for purpose?

They really do think over 50% of the country are fucking stupid.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/07/the-great-british-brexit-robbery-hijacked-democracy

Sorry, all the immigrants at work think I'm a fucking genius and 90% of them have degrees and I don't.

Heres another one:-  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39835609

'Officials found Wehrmacht memorabilia openly displayed there in the common room, despite a ban on Nazi symbols, pictures of Wehrmacht soldiers were found on a wall, along with Nazi pistols, more helmets and military decorations.

A second barracks, Fürstenberg in Donaueschingen, southwest Germany, was then sucked into the scandal on Saturday after a display cabinet was found containing Nazi-era helmets.

So a luger is a nazi symbol, a helmet is a nazi symbol and if I am correct most german medals didn't have a swastika on them they were more like the iron cross.

FFS, this is like flagellation by political correctness, all intelligence has gone out of the window in Europe if they are now that bigoted about history.

It's the click-bait era. Stories with titles that prompt a visceral emotional response are the ones that get clicked on and read, and therefore sell the most advertising. 

edit: and don't forget that the So-Called BBC sells a lot of advertising space on its site when viewed from outside the UK.

Edited by TheBlueCat

Just now, spunko2010 said:

An easy way to spot a lot of trashy clickbait is The Annoying Way Every Title Word Starts With A Capital. 

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Is it any-more annoy-ing than my truly-rand-om use-of-hy-phens...?

XYY

13 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Is it any-more annoy-ing than my truly-rand-om use-of-hy-phens...?

XYY

Its not quite a's annoying a's mi'splaced use' of apostrophe's' 

fecking greengrocer's