• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

All the really fat people at work drink diet drinks

4 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Been watching today and all the fat people, mostly women, drink diet coke the exception being the really fat sweaty bloke who drinks the zero version.

Strange that.

There's a project manager at work who's rapidly approaching the wall, despite her moaning about having to go to the gym and liking going on hill hikes and outdoor swimming, she manages to put away a fair amount of biscuits and cakes that seem to be eternally present in our office (we have a fatty feeder female - and yes I work in the NHS, someone else commented about fatty NHS feeder females), she has at least a can of diet coke a day, but she also has a bottle of squash and is drinking that through the day - so getting a constant drip feed of sugar / artificial sweetner to fuck up her metabolism.  I've noticed that she's thickening around the waist, getting heavier in the bust and her arse is getting bigger, she was relatively trim in an athletic way but that seems be dwindling away as the Wall approaches ...

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Been watching today and all the fat people, mostly women, drink diet coke the exception being the really fat sweaty bloke who drinks the zero version.

Strange that.

From my observations it’s not strange that very fat/obese people drink Diet Coke or similar. They all still eat cake, fat/sugar laden takeaways, processed food etc and continually lament that they don’t eat much and drink low calorie drinks etc.

They just can’t grasp that to be slim or a reasonable weight takes more effort than choosing diet/sugar free processed crap.

I spent a few months on a ship with a big fat colleague. He used to complain about his weight when "he hardly ate anything". His portion sizes were twice mine....

Just now, spygirl said:

To be honest, i rarely drink pop.

Id guess 1 can every 4 months.

Tea, water or coffee.

I NEVER drink it and haven’t for many years.

Water, a few proper (not instant) coffees a day and occasional fruit teas plus occasional freshly squeezed lemon, grated ginger with a small teaspoon of raw honey mixed with hot water.

I used to drink crap canned/bottled drinks but gave it up years ago after researching food and looking at labels listing ingredients. Some drinks are very good though e.g. feverfew tonic water IMO.

9 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

I NEVER drink it and haven’t for many years.

Water, a few proper (not instant) coffees a day and occasional fruit teas plus occasional freshly squeezed lemon, grated ginger with a small teaspoon of raw honey mixed with hot water.

I used to drink crap canned/bottled drinks but gave it up years ago after researching food and looking at labels listing ingredients. Some drinks are very good though e.g. feverfew tonic water IMO.

What's different about feverfew tonic water?

12 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

What's different about feverfew tonic water?

I did a gin tasting the other week.  The woman knew her stuff.  She said that if you are drinking a good gin, don’t go for fevertree as it masked the taste of the gin.  Fine with ordinary gin as it peps it up.  

If drinking really good, artesian gin, go for supermarket own brand was her advice 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Strange that.

I observed that diet drinks make you fat about a decade ago, thought everyone knew that?

Edited by snagger

6 minutes ago, snagger said:

I observed that diet drinks make you fat about a decade ago, thought everyone knew that?

I worked at McDonalds in the late 90s and it was a standing joke that fat people would order a supersize meal with tons of extras and a diet drink. In fact the fatter a customer was, the more likely they would order a “diet” drink. Maybe they make you fat, they certainly don’t help you get any thinner.

10 hours ago, JFK said:

There's a project manager at work who's rapidly approaching the wall, despite her moaning about having to go to the gym and liking going on hill hikes and outdoor swimming, she manages to put away a fair amount of biscuits and cakes that seem to be eternally present in our office (we have a fatty feeder female - and yes I work in the NHS, someone else commented about fatty NHS feeder females), she has at least a can of diet coke a day, but she also has a bottle of squash and is drinking that through the day - so getting a constant drip feed of sugar / artificial sweetner to fuck up her metabolism.  I've noticed that she's thickening around the waist, getting heavier in the bust and her arse is getting bigger, she was relatively trim in an athletic way but that seems be dwindling away as the Wall approaches ...

I want to see a video diary about this with Attenborough commentary.

43 minutes ago, One percent said:

I did a gin tasting the other week.  The woman knew her stuff.  She said that if you are drinking a good gin, don’t go for fevertree as it masked the taste of the gin.  Fine with ordinary gin as it peps it up.  

If drinking really good, artesian gin, go for supermarket own brand was her advice 

Have you got access to an artesian well for gin?  Can I come visit?

1 minute ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Spelling Nazi :D. Love it.

Yes, I'm a spelling nazi, but I was also quite taken by the idea of an artesian gin well.  Would save me an awful lot of money!! :D

I have heard that some nutritonists say, that diabetics should not touch diet drinks, as the system (pancreas)? is still fooled in to behaving as if sugar is present.

I never touch the stuff. Malignant rat piss. I have 2 or 3 full fat cokes a year as a hangover cure.

Pop Digger has suffered quite badly with dry eyes. He jibbed the 2 bottles of diet lemo a week that he used to drink, and his eye condition has eased.

Who's to blame....? Aspartame.... Said who's to blame.....? etc....

I tried drinking a can of monster once, about six hours into mountain biking up and down the South Downs way. I felt physically sick and couldn’t finish it. Kids drinking it willy nilly  must be insanely bad for them.

have you seen the vid on YouTube of the guy cleaning his garage workbench with it?

Part of the motivation for one couple I know, who demolish crates of diet coke weekly, is that it's easier than making a cup of tea or coffee.  Just take a can out if the fridge, or ideally shout when the other one does this do you don't have to move.