DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Fugly individually designed

sarahbell

15 hours ago, UmBongo said:

I like it. :ph34r:

Nooooooooooooo! It's like someone got a catalogue of house bits and cut and pasted them randomly onto a bit of paper.

sleepwello'nights
16 hours ago, sarahbell said:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72012398.html

A unique opportunity to acquire this truly stunning, individually designed detached stone built 5 bedroom property. When the current owners built this architect designed property, they have made sure it would be perfectly sited to enjoy all Birtle Moor has to offer.

There are individual elements that are very attractive. 

Some very nice bricks, for example.

1 minute ago, sleepwello'nights said:

There are individual elements that are very attractive. 

Some very nice bricks, for example.

That's like saying one of a hillybilly's teeth is nice.

Frank Hovis

It reminds me of an architect designed house my parents viewed when we were children.  It had many things going for it: looked nice, had made great use of the slope it was built into it, modern features etc.

Where it fell down was that the architect, who was the owner and living in it, had drawn the three side-by-side children's bedrooms at one corner of the house (on the ground floor so backing into the slope) too small on the plans.  So you couldn't get in a (single) bed and have a corridor along the end of them; oops.

His solution: dispense with the corridor and just have doors at the foot of each room.  So if you are in the end bedroom and want to go for a wee in the night, or just to get up and have breakfast in the morning, you have to walk through the other two bedrooms at the feet of their beds so disturbing them.  Fine if potentially embarrassing if you are in the last one one but if you're in the first one it would drive you loopy.

Though to be fair to the bloke he didn't say that he was a qualified architect.

Frank Hovis
6 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

"Architect designed" is one of my favourite EA terms. Find me a house that hasn't been designed by an architect. xD

I agree that's the case but I think the assumption is that it has been individually designed to fit its location; as that one was which was actually very nice excepting its one major flaw.

• 5 weeks later...
Castlevania
On 17/06/2018 at 00:03, PatronizingGit said:

Whatever we can do, the yanks can do better. 

I present the american interpretation of a 'Tuscan Villa'...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3244-Muirfield-Dr-Colorado-Springs-CO-80-7/87930351_zpid/?fullpage=true

Complete with dual integral double garages, and window frames that appear to have been nabbed off a portakabin.  

I like that house. Nice and spacious inside. The view is amazing.

InLikeFlynn
On 16/05/2018 at 18:18, sarahbell said:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72012398.html

A unique opportunity to acquire this truly stunning, individually designed detached stone built 5 bedroom property. When the current owners built this architect designed property, they have made sure it would be perfectly sited to enjoy all Birtle Moor has to offer.

Weird house, all the rooms seem tiny and the kitchen is in a corridor.  Too close to the M66 too: traffic noise 24 hours a day.

On 17/06/2018 at 00:03, PatronizingGit said:

Whatever we can do, the yanks can do better. 

I present the american interpretation of a 'Tuscan Villa'...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3244-Muirfield-Dr-Colorado-Springs-CO-80-7/87930351_zpid/?fullpage=true

Complete with dual integral double garages, and window frames that appear to have been nabbed off a portakabin.  

If I was going to buy that one I'd get Jenna to be the realtor I'd work with, purely because:

Jenna Schwartz is a firecracker full of spunk

I don't think the photo does her justice -- normally I'd suggest she smile and put on a dress, but she's only gone and overdone it.

ISizuy07346muf1000000000.jpg

Archived