• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

It is another one of those white/gold dress things I am afraid. Have a listen to this 

Do you hear Yanny or Laurel? I first saw this early in the morning today and clearly heard Yanny every time. But now in the evening I can only hear Laurel. Both times it is so clear that I cannot possibly understand how I could hear the other word.

Posted (edited)

This is just the weirdest thing. If I have my laptop on the bed and lie down then I hear Laurel. But When I had the laptop on the table and was standing up I heard Yanny.

Edit: And now it is back to Laurel when I am standing up again.

Edited by Stunley Andwin

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

If people are hearing Yanny then that is another white gold dress because that's Laurel all day long for me.

I've even tried repeating yanny many times in my head before listening again and can't hear anything but Laurel either.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Maybe it's a frequency thing; Laurel in the low registers and Yanny in the higher ones.

Quoting myself but apparently it is caused by that with your device and speakers affecting how you hear it.

Sez this anyway:

https://thetab.com/uk/2018/05/16/this-is-why-you-can-hear-either-laurel-or-yanny-in-that-audio-recording-65384

Quick trivia one when we're here: what is the most popular song used by sound engineers to set up a stage?

It covers all the frequency ranges and makes good use of stereo.

As a clue it had one of the earliest computer animated videos.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Quoting myself but apparently it is caused by that with your device and speakers affecting how you hear it.

Sez this anyway:

https://thetab.com/uk/2018/05/16/this-is-why-you-can-hear-either-laurel-or-yanny-in-that-audio-recording-65384

Quick trivia one when we're here: what is the most popular song used by sound engineers to set up a stage?

Once in a lifetime?  Guess 

Nice tool here on Carlos Slim's blog.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html

In the middle I hear Laurel. But move it full Yanny I hear Yanny. Both the position of the slider and the number of times that I have heard Yanny an dLaurel seem to affect. Going to 40 percent Yanny, I can hear both.

11 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Sez this anyway:

?.

Posted (edited)

Yanny.

Fucking weird, would love to know how anybody is hearing laurel as I was trying to superimpose laurel over the audio every time, but never heard anything even close to it.

I think all you laurel people are on the wind up!

Edited by LC1