• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Oskar

Dinner parties getting far better

I am somewhat miffed at not getting invites to these sorts of dinner parties:

New craze sees middle-class women serving up the drug MDMA in BRIE at dinner parties - so the conversation flows more easily

A new trend for serving French cheese laced with the drug MDMA is emerging
    Middle-class women say 'brieing' is guaranteed to cheer up a dinner party
    A powdered version of the drug is sprinkled in the middle of the soft cheese
    The drug claimed 63 lives in 2016 up from just 8 in 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5744875/New-craze-sees-middle-class-women-serving-drug-MDMA-BRIE.html

The sort of parties I go to we serve baked camenbert with garlic, thyme and these Swedish crispbreads https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/254592139

Meh.

1 minute ago, Oskar said:

I am somewhat miffed at not getting invites to these sorts of dinner parties:

New craze sees middle-class women serving up the drug MDMA in BRIE at dinner parties - so the conversation flows more easily

A new trend for serving French cheese laced with the drug MDMA is emerging
    Middle-class women say 'brieing' is guaranteed to cheer up a dinner party
    A powdered version of the drug is sprinkled in the middle of the soft cheese
    The drug claimed 63 lives in 2016 up from just 8 in 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5744875/New-craze-sees-middle-class-women-serving-drug-MDMA-BRIE.html

The sort of parties I go to we serve baked camenbert with garlic, thyme and these Swedish crispbreads https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/254592139

Meh.

That's because you are in Tescos. You need to go to Waitrose for the good stuff.

When I was into recreational drugs in the early 00's you couldn't get actual MDMA for the life in you, as it seemed the E's then were a poor copy of the stuff people got in the 90's. Now middle class wankers are putting it in cheese FFS.

I was too late for it before, and now I'm not posh enough :P

Well if my experience of the stuff is anything to go by they will have zero memory of what actually happened the next morning - but be shown many a photo of them having the time of their life.

Its memory eraser. :Geek:

Posted (edited)

I'd say a low level MDMA might be quite a reasonable idea; it should lower inhibitions but not actually have an effect on behaviour (if low level enough).  I'd imagine LSD (again, at doses way lower than normal) would have a similar (well different in specifics, but potentially similar in usefulness) effect.  I don't know about deaths -- both e and lsd have ginormous ld50s -- they're way safer than alcohol, certainly.  I suppose that pre-supposes that a clean enough source can be obtained -- presumably middle-aged housewives know how to get this stuff (or synthesise it).

[I'd add that it would almost certainly would be better than cannabis at low doses -- which is effective enough but has a different set of impacts on behaviour]

Edited by dgul

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

Nothing new..  apparently the Victorians used to grow angel's trumpets ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brugmansia ) and let the flower's nectar drip in their tea at parties to liven things up a bit.

Pass........

These hallucinations are often characterized by complete loss of awareness that one is hallucinating, disconnection from reality, and amnesia of the episode, such as one example reported in Psychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience of a young man who amputated his own penis and tongue after drinking only 1 cup of Brugmansia tea

Just now, onlyme said:

Pass........

These hallucinations are often characterized by complete loss of awareness that one is hallucinating, disconnection from reality, and amnesia of the episode, such as one example reported in Psychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience of a young man who amputated his own penis and tongue after drinking only 1 cup of Brugmansia tea

Now that’s what I call a party..  :Jumping:

Posted (edited)

I once went to a dinner party where the host went to the bathroom where he interrupted his wife having a quickie fumble with his post-doc.

As I knew what was going on, the husband's 20 second walk to the bathroom seemed to take a frustratingly, long time xD

It was the best part of the evening by far.

Edited by Hopeful

14 hours ago, ccc said:

Well if my experience of the stuff is anything to go by they will have zero memory of what actually happened the next morning - but be shown many a photo of them having the time of their life.

Its memory eraser. :Geek:

Hmm I had a mate who dubiously claimed to have no memory of an “interesting” evening in Amsterdam on his stag do. Fair enough he’d had an E but it seemed a tad convenient, and everyone else remembered alright!