• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

shindigger

Catherine Tate vids.

Recommended Posts

What makes me laugh the most about this is that I've known a few people who might wonder why this is funny.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DTMark said:

What makes me laugh the most about this is that I've known a few people who might wonder why this is funny.

 

I was getting my comedy shows confused there and was waiting for the "What did I say Roy?" bit at the end.  Which is the Fast Show. Which was nice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DTMark said:

What makes me laugh the most about this is that I've known a few people who might wonder why this is funny.

 

The dirty bastards. Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Not Kathrine Tate but the late Margret  John ,those from over the border might not get it  but she was brilliant in this series a classic Welsh comedy

  

 

Never seen this prog. Its making me chuckle. Ive seen her on Gavin and Stacey. Think she was also in an episode of The Mighty Boosh too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DTMark said:

This is genius

 

 

Her whole "I Can Do That" series is so evocative of modern Britain in so many ways.   She nails it.

I don't think she's done an "I Can Do That" episode on those running the country - bankers or people in parliament or the media etc etc but the potential's there for her to do equally hilarious portrayals of their incompetence.

 

 

 

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Never seen this prog. Its making me chuckle. Ive seen her on Gavin and Stacey. Think she was also in an episode of The Mighty Boosh too.

That radio show actually exists - Chris Needs on Radio Wales late at night. He has lots of older people ringing in just like that. He offers to take them up his midnight garden which means beocming part of his online club but always make me spit out my tea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can't remember laughing to a single joke Tate ever uttered. She ain't a patch on Victoria Wood. 

Edited by Charles Carter
Prescriptive spelling faux pas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Charles Carter said:

I can't remember laughing to a single joke Tate ever uttered. She ain't a patch on Victoria Wood. 

I can't ever remember laughing at Victoria Wood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charles Carter said:

I can't remember laughing to a single joke Tate ever uttered. She ain't a patch on Victoria Wood. 

Comedy's personal isn't it.

I like both, Catherine Tait's can be a bit harsh whereas Victoria Wood's humour was very warm.  There's room for both.

There are lots of funny women comedians - Lucy Beaumont, Caroline Aherene, Arabella Weir - but there aren't many funny stand up women comics.

Victoria Wood, French and Saunders (back in the 80s), Joan Rivers.  I'm struggling now.  Whereas there are dozens of decent male stand-ups.  I'm not sure why this is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Comedy's personal isn't it.

I like both, Catherine Tait's can be a bit harsh whereas Victoria Wood's humour was very warm.  There's room for both.

There are lots of funny women comedians - Lucy Beaumont, Caroline Aherene, Arabella Weir - but there aren't many funny stand up women comics.

Victoria Wood, French and Saunders (back in the 80s), Joan Rivers.  I'm struggling now.  Whereas there are dozens of decent male stand-ups.  I'm not sure why this is.

It's quite intimidating so I reckon a lot of women wouldn't want to do stand up. I used to go to a lot of local comedy clubs and think for every 10 men you would get 1 woman, there's not the numbers coming through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

 I'm struggling now.  Whereas there are dozens of decent male stand-ups.  I'm not sure why this is.

Could it be something adaptive, a verbal form of 'Peacocking'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I can't ever remember laughing at Victoria Wood.

"Not weakly, not meekly, beat me on the bottom with a Woman's Weekly.."

(From a song in a live performance)

Edit: I should probably post it

 

Edited by DTMark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shindigger said:

Never seen this prog. Its making me chuckle. Ive seen her on Gavin and Stacey. Think she was also in an episode of The Mighty Boosh too.

 I think it was only broadcast in Wales ,there`s quite a few episodes on Youtube , and some classic performances by Margret John   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DTMark said:

"Not weakly, not meekly, beat me on the bottom with a Woman's Weekly.."

(From a song in a live performance)

Edit: I should probably post it

 

Really? I can't see anything remotely funny about that... Horses for courses I guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Really? I can't see anything remotely funny about that... Horses for courses I guess.

 

It is a little "of its time".

Victoria's comedy is/was fairly, shall I say, light-hearted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.