• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Woman drives into middle of race (ignorant rather than malicious)

No injuries and no intent to do so, just pure bloody minded selfishness.

Me me me.

Plymouth half marathon, heavily publicised that roads are closed, woman tries to drive on them anyway because she's so important and has "a workshop in Oakehampton".

Her tone of voice is what gets me, like she's telling off the council worker for stopping her.  "Well you phone them up."

What a shame it won't attract a custodial sentence.

She reminded me of that Democrat woman threatening the police.

(I think their both being women is coincidental; there are a lot of stupid entitled people about and the number's growing. I'm Ronnie Pickering is similar.)

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/local-news/woman-drives-car-path-plymouth-1588130

There possibly is a gender bias as a guy would (IMO) be more likely to see it as a challenge to work out a route to avoid the disruption.

Absolute fucking halfwit who could probably do with a run herself.

Scary that she's not even going to have her driving privileges removed for a while. Mind you, after watching someone literally ram their car into a space at the GP's the other day - their forward motion was impeded by hitting the car in the next space...so they just accelerated until it screeched in. Mrs Brady, Old Lady then exited and bimbled off as if nothing was remotely amiss - nothing surprises me on the roads anymore.

1 hour ago, twocents said:

Don't you know who she is.

The only workshops in Okehampton on Sundays that I could find were quilting workshops so she's one of the ones that lead those.  I didn't start flogging through them for her name as it would mean nothing to me and I presume the journos are doing just that.

So that was her mission of urgency: a quilting workshop.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

The only workshops in Okehampton on Sundays that I could find were quilting workshops so she's one of the ones that lead those.  I didn't start flogging through them for her name as it would mean nothing to me and I presume the journos are doing just that.

So that was her mission of urgency: a quilting workshop.

Well, it is very important. My offering. :)

E6DBB24F-8105-4785-BAC0-1907E12E9632.jpeg

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Well, it is very important. My offering. :)

E6DBB24F-8105-4785-BAC0-1907E12E9632.jpeg

Very nice.  And I do like the exercise of skill to make things of beauty; I'm not undervaluing quilting.  It isn't however life or death.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Very nice.  And I do like the exercise of skill to make things of beauty; I'm not undervaluing quilting.  It isn't however life or death.

True. I was being a bit facetious frank.  She sums up wonderfully the sense of entitlement that appears to be endemic. Everyone is full of their own self importance. 

I'm one to break rules. And I wouldn't drive into a run like this burd did. However if I did and was cornered ?

I would at least have the self respect to pretend I don't know and apologise profusely of my innocence.

To do that and then tell the bloke he would have to contact the place I was meant to go ? With zero indication I've done anything wrong ?

Beggars. Utter self entitled cunt. 

I work Sundays - I see a lot of road closures for cycling, running, Marches, etc. You normally see signs a week in advance and plan accordingly.

Posted (edited)

The natural mob normie reaction against this clear bigot trump supporter and planet destroyer; who is stopping the charity marathon and thus stopping the raising of money for good needy causes.

OK having read the article it's a tricky one. What would you do in such a situation?

Maybe put your hazards on and drive slowly? She was trying to cross to the other side? Get to a marshal and ask for help?

Edited by 201p

2 minutes ago, 201p said:

I work Sundays - I see a lot of road closures for cycling, running, Marches, etc. You normally see signs a week in advance and plan accordingly.

Possibly the Sunday workshop is the only time in the week she works so hadn't seen the signs.

But that's her hard luck, not an excuse to try to drive onto a closed road and into a race.

If she was that desperate to get there she had the option of parking and then walking to a taxi rank to take her to this vital workshop.

1 minute ago, 201p said:

The natural mob normie reaction against this clear bigot trump supporter and planet destroyer who is stopping the charity marathon who are raising money for good needy causes. OK having read the article it's a tricky one. What would you do in such a situation?

Maybe put your hazards on and drive slowly? She was trying to cross to the other side? Get to a marshall and ask for help?

Accept that the road was closed when there could be no doubt that it was.

Posted (edited)

Most road closed areas, do allow people to go through for access. 

Anyway, she should have got out and asked for help. But I didn't want to join in the internet mobbing of the woman. 

---

Isn't that marathon non-progressive by being non-inclusive to fat people? Fat people could find that offensive! Clearly the lady thought it was oppressive, and felt threatened by the thin people and that is why she could not get out of her car.

Edited by 201p

On the national hate figure scale, if 10 is putting a cat in a wheelie bin, I reckon she's probably only on a 4 max.

Obviously not intelligent to enough to have a driving licence.

I wonder what medication she is on as well.

I think driving without due care and attention and dangerous driving charges should suffice and the associated increase to her insurance costs.