• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

Guardian making as much sense as usual

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/20/a-life-completely-destroyed-by-one-paragraph-322-immigration-law

i don’t understand this one. 

• Appears to be saying that the tax office granted leave to remain but the home office overruled it. Huh?
  • working as an it professional full time and a self employed consultant (where did he build his network)
  • discrepancies in accounts 

not or making much sense at all to me 

The Guardian makes little sense at the best of times.

It is "for people a bit wrong in the head".

That said, I do look at it occasionally.

It's like a scab that you can't stop picking.

This all hinges on the detail.

Arrived in the UK in 2011.

On what basis does he have work visa?

“In a couple of months, I will be forced to either sell the house or bank will repossess it. My life has been completely destroyed. Every time I try to sleep, the bleak future of my children flash in front of me.”

How on earth did he have a mortgage when he doesnt have the citizenship?

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

“In a couple of months, I will be forced to either sell the house or bank will repossess it. My life has been completely destroyed. Every time I try to sleep, the bleak future of my children flash in front of me.”

That’s what I was getting at. The article makes no sense whatsoever 

35 minutes ago, One percent said:

That’s what I was getting at. The article makes no sense whatsoever 

Im OK with student /study visas and work visas.

However.

They should be short term - less than 5 years.

And they should not allow family to be brought over.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Im OK with student /study visas and work visas.

However.

They should be short term - less than 5 years.

And they should not allow family to be brought over.

They never go back. Stud3nt visa is a golden ticket. 

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

These sorts of things get torn to pieces.

Cue comments like:

"We don't want you and your considered opinions and facts around here, thanks very much."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jan/30/skilled-migrants-protest-against-uk-visa-policies

'Dr Syed Kazmi, who works in acute medicine at Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham, will return to Pakistan in early February after the Home Office refused his application for ILR.

Kazmi’s application was rejected because of an error in a tax return. He had noticed the error himself and withdrew his application in order to correct it. The Home Office, however, used this admission to trigger a section of the Immigration Act designed to tackle criminals and those judged to be a threat to national security.

“They said I was a deceitful and dishonest person, which is insulting,” he said. “This error came about because I had been defrauded years earlier. I had reported it to the police and the issue was settled in full with no criminal enforcement taken against me.'

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/queen-elizabeth-hospital-doctor-told-14171150

' The 38-year-old from Pakistan had his visa renewal rejected last month over an HMRC tax issue related to a failed business venture in 2011 which he has pointed out was settled in full and resulted in no criminal enforcement action. '

Err isnt he working in he NHS?

13 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jan/30/skilled-migrants-protest-against-uk-visa-policies

'Dr Syed Kazmi, who works in acute medicine at Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham, will return to Pakistan in early February after the Home Office refused his application for ILR.

Kazmi’s application was rejected because of an error in a tax return. He had noticed the error himself and withdrew his application in order to correct it. The Home Office, however, used this admission to trigger a section of the Immigration Act designed to tackle criminals and those judged to be a threat to national security.

“They said I was a deceitful and dishonest person, which is insulting,” he said. “This error came about because I had been defrauded years earlier. I had reported it to the police and the issue was settled in full with no criminal enforcement taken against me.'

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/queen-elizabeth-hospital-doctor-told-14171150

' The 38-year-old from Pakistan had his visa renewal rejected last month over an HMRC tax issue related to a failed business venture in 2011 which he has pointed out was settled in full and resulted in no criminal enforcement action. '

Err isnt he working in he NHS?

These are standout quotes

Numerous members of our group are living in the worst of conditions thanks to the Home Office’s reckless, inhumane and unlawful policies,”

eh?

They have young children and with no right to work, they are living a miserable life.

well, if it’s that miserable.....

These are people who have spent over a decade in the UK, working in highly reputed professions, many of which have serious employee shortages. They have devoted their professional lives contributing to the growth of Great Britain, contributing over £25bn towards its economy,”

eh?  There are six hundred of them.  So, they have contributed over 4 million each.  Fuck, we better let them stay with that level of entrepreneurship 

Most members of the group no longer have any social, economic or family ties to their country of origin.

eh?  Have they moved all their rellies here then?

i could go on but it full of crap assertion dressed as fact. 

45 minutes ago, One percent said:

These are standout quotes

Numerous members of our group are living in the worst of conditions thanks to the Home Office’s reckless, inhumane and unlawful policies,”

eh?

They have young children and with no right to work, they are living a miserable life.

well, if it’s that miserable.....

These are people who have spent over a decade in the UK, working in highly reputed professions, many of which have serious employee shortages. They have devoted their professional lives contributing to the growth of Great Britain, contributing over £25bn towards its economy,”

eh?  There are six hundred of them.  So, they have contributed over 4 million each.  Fuck, we better let them stay with that level of entrepreneurship 

Most members of the group no longer have any social, economic or family ties to their country of origin.

eh?  Have they moved all their rellies here then?

i could go on but it full of crap assertion dressed as fact. 

Well .. the standout on both these article are HMRC flagging up the person.

In both cases, the person has 'corrected an error' on their tax return.

AS they did not use a real persons name in the first case Ive nothing to go on.

In the second case, its a well paid Dr who, aside from his PAYE high earnigns, decides to enter into a business .

OK, a search of compnaies house shows page after oage of directors called Syed Kaymi.

Im guessi youll not got many John SMiths or whatever doing the equivalet search in Pakistan.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/38OAz1AQ0fcamkk1fsyiwXLYO44/appointments

His compnay is a locum supplier which was founded *AFTER* this HMRC investigation kicked off.

And he seems to be the only share holder.

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Well .. the standout on both these article are HMRC flagging up the person.

In both cases, the person has 'corrected an error' on their tax return.

AS they did not use a real persons name in the first case Ive nothing to go on.

In the second case, its a well paid Dr who, aside from his PAYE high earnigns, decides to enter into a business .

OK, a search of compnaies house shows page after oage of directors called Syed Kaymi.

Im guessi youll not got many John SMiths or whatever doing the equivalet search in Pakistan.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/38OAz1AQ0fcamkk1fsyiwXLYO44/appointments

His compnay is a locum supplier which was founded *AFTER* this HMRC investigation kicked off.

And he seems to be the only share holder.

Good sleuthing there spy

This could easily have gone in the trump thread but thought it better here as an example of the piss poor writing of the guardian 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/02/trump-administration-planet-boil-refugee-camps

in an argument that is poorly formed and has more holes than a colander, they link driving SUVs and climate change to illegal immigrants and the children and how they have a RIGHT to move to America, because, er, well, I didn’t actually get that bit of the argument. 

Full of emotive language too.  How could trump do this?  

Anyhow, I’ll leave it to our resident expert @Hopeful to pick the bones out of it 

30 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2018/nov/13/coming-out-as-working-class-difficulties-gay

Why coming out as working class was harder than coming out as gay

o.O

and poof, it disappears up its own arse. 

Mum, Dad, Cna we sit down and have a talk.

Yes unetin what is it? Dad will be back fro mthe gold course soon. And Ill be nipping out to Waitrose in a minute.

Well its like this. Ive bought a whippet.

Oh how coul you! We piad for music lessons. We go on holiday in France. How is this possible.

13 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Mum, Dad, Cna we sit down and have a talk.

Yes unetin what is it? Dad will be back fro mthe gold course soon. And Ill be nipping out to Waitrose in a minute.

Well its like this. Ive bought a whippet.

Oh how coul you! We piad for music lessons. We go on holiday in France. How is this possible.

Probably one of the best monty python sketches. 

Never understood why the Mail (which I'm not a fan of) gets so much more stick than the Guardian which truly is the journalistic equivalent of a sewage outflow.

There is a piss-takey random headline generator for the Mail - ha ha. The Guardian has had actual headlines - 'Can Robots be Racist' for one - where you genuinely think that it's been inserted for a joke. 

The Guardian in a far worse paper IMO. Mainly because it prints drivel while thinking it occupies the moral high ground.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

12 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Probably one of the best monty python sketches. 

Brilliant. 😂

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Never understood why the Mail (which I'm not a fan of) gets so much more stick than the Guardian which truly is the journalistic equivalent of a sewage outflow.

There is a piss-takey random headline generator for the Mail - ha ha. The Guardian has had actual headlines - 'Can Robots be Racist' for one - where you genuinely think that it's been inserted for a joke. 

The Guardian in a far worse paper IMO. Mainly because it prints drivel while thinking it occupies the moral high ground.

Superb post again. xD

9 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I have to agree with this. I tend to think of them as opposite sides of the same turd. If you break the turd open, you reveal the runny centre which is the So-Called BBC.