• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Are the Russians a bit slow off the mark? Or don’t care?  Surely they must realize that all they need to do is feed some of the money into UK political parties coffers like (allegedly) some other influential rich people from a sandy country; articles like this won’t even appear on the So-Called BBC after that......

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-44191682

 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Are the Russians a bit slow off the mark? Or don’t care?  Surely they must realize that all they need to do is feed some of the money into UK political parties coffers like (allegedly) some other influential rich people from a sandy country; articles like this won’t even appear on the So-Called BBC after that......

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-44191682

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-44191682

They are slow.

Not sussed that the promise from Blair and Mandleson does not last fr ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Are the Russians a bit slow off the mark? Or don’t care?  Surely they must realize that all they need to do is feed some of the money into UK political parties coffers like (allegedly) some other influential rich people from a sandy country; articles like this won’t even appear on the So-Called BBC after that......

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-44191682

 

The Russians and their dodgy money have been balls-deep in the UK's order of business probably since the collapse and divvying up of the Soviet Union. Russia is unstable and corrupt as fuck so Ivan looked elsewhere to park his moody roubles.

The UK (specifically London) welcomed him with open arms and few questions. That's why the zillionaire oligarchs in London are some of the worst behaved people there (possibly just behind the Saudis). Nobody has ever questioned or pulled them up on where exactly the money comes from. They've got away with it for so long that they've ceased to give a shit or even pretend that their dealings are legit.

That's the modern London-dwelling oligarch of today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have about 30 Soviet rubles which I illegally sneaked out in 1988 stashed away somewhere. Should I be worried?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

After Steptoe had been accused of having Czech ties (when Czechoslovakia was under the Soviet Union) and possible funding from Russian tv sources and soon after the Salisbury attack he pointed out that the Conservative party is partly funded from Russian sources and had received significant sums of money from them.

It all went a bit quiet in the media after that.

Of course they are all "dedicated public servants" and "never mutineers, traitors, malcontents nor enemies of the people".

 

Quote

 

 

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, twocents said:

After Steptoe had been accused of having Czech ties (when Czechoslovakia was under the Soviet Union) and possible funding from Russian tv sources and soon after the Salisbury attack he pointed out that the Conservative party is partly funded from Russian sources and had received significant sums of money from them.

It all went a bit quiet in the media after that.

Of course they are all "dedicated public servants" and "never mutineers, traitors, malcontents nor enemies of the people".

 

 

 

 

You fool! They are the good Russian oligarches who suddenly went from nothing to billionaires when the Soviet Union collapsed.

Remember now - good Russian oligarch money is very good, bad Russian oligarch money is also very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

The Russians and their dodgy money have been balls-deep in the UK's order of business probably since the collapse and divvying up of the Soviet Union. Russia is unstable and corrupt as fuck so Ivan looked elsewhere to park his moody roubles.

The UK (specifically London) welcomed him with open arms and few questions. That's why the zillionaire oligarchs in London are some of the worst behaved people there (possibly just behind the Saudis). Nobody has ever questioned or pulled them up on where exactly the money comes from. They've got away with it for so long that they've ceased to give a shit or even pretend that their dealings are legit.

That's the modern London-dwelling oligarch of today.

 

True in one respect but quite a convincing comment from Peter Lavelle? (RT), he basically said they don't like to pick sides in politics or overtly pick winners in the case of the US as they know they will end up as the bogy man anyway. He made the comment that if Russians really wanted to interfere with the US election and push for Trump they would have made a big deal out of releasing Uranium One details.

29 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

You fool! They are the good Russian oligarches who suddenly went from nothing to billionaires when the Soviet Union collapsed.

Remember now - good Russian oligarch money is very good, bad Russian oligarch money is also very good.

image.png.68bc47794d56a4bd793701bcdfff9874.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

^^ Geneva may acquire a new resident. Crap football clubs here though.

Well it's not that long ago Chelsea were in the 2nd division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eight said:

Well it's not that long ago Chelsea were in the 2nd division.

Sure but it wouldn't be possible to make a Swiss club competitive at the top European level because they wouldn't have the calibre of opposition required on a weekly basis to make them good enough. PSG have this issue even in France despite their Qatari zillions. The likes of Abramovich need a Spanish, English, Italian or German club for their ego games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By One percent
      Well not quite breakfast but an unrelated males sitting with a woman whilst eating breakfast is. 
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-45471549
      An Egyptian man in Saudi Arabia has been arrested after a video of him having breakfast with a woman went viral on Twitter.
      In the video, a man with an Egyptian dialect eats breakfast beside a womanwearing a full face veil, who many assumed to be Saudi.
      This is in contravention of the law in Saudi Arabia, where in workplaces or eateries like McDonald's and Starbucks, families and single men have to sit in different areas. 
      Women must sit separately from single men in these places.
      They are not allowed to exercise most activities without being accompanied by their male guardians, usually a father or husband, but possibly a brother or a son.
       
      dear God, Saudi Arabia should be shunned by every other country until the drag themselves out of the 15th century. 
      Oh, and the article didn’t explain how she managed to eat breakfast with a full face veil. Poor reporting from the So-Called BBC there 
    • By Alonso Quijano
      Following on from comment in the World Cup thread, it would be interesting to see and collect the views of Great Britain, its people, politicians, culture, achievements, direction... as seen from afar.
      Are we revered, a laughing stock or just meh? Is Rule Britannia afloat, listing or sinking below the waves?
      Do other nations have a Health Service that is so policised and integral to political campaigns?
      Are other nations proud and protective of their culture or ashamed of it?
    • By One percent
      Given the clips we have seen in the media concerning the lack of driving skills by some sections on the ‘community ‘ I’m not convinced that this is a good move. Anyhow 
      https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/23/its-momentous-saudi-women-excited-finally-hit-road-driving-ban
      al-Sonosi’s new red Range Rover has been sitting in her driveway for two months, its engine only started for brief, furtive trips around the block. Just after midnight on Saturday, both Sonosi and her car will no longer have to hide.
      A goal she had aspired to for most of her life – to drive herself wherever she pleased – will become a reality for Sonosi, as well as for a selected minority ofother women in Saudi Arabia, who for the first time will legally be able to take to the roads.
       
      sounds good until we get to the bit in the article where it explains restrictions are still in place
      Sonosi is one of 30 women in Jeddah, the kingdom’s second city, to have been granted a licence. Many thousands more have applied. Those allowed to drive have been carefully selected. The politics of women driving, and who gets to claim credit for it, has become increasingly loaded.
       
      i suppose its ok as long as they don’t want to bring their medieval and misogynistic views over here. Oh wait....
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.