• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

A first conviction for forced marriage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-44211541

A mother has been convicted of forcing her daughter to marry a man 16 years her senior in the first successful prosecution of its type.

The woman duped her 17-year-old daughter to go to Pakistan where the ceremony is said to have taken place.

The girl had an abortion aged 13 after becoming pregnant by a male relative whom she was forced to marry.

A jury at Birmingham Crown Court found the mother guilty of two counts of forced marriage.

ears earlier, the man had taken the girl's virginity after a "marriage contract" was entered into against the girl's will.

The then 13-year-old had an abortion on returning to the UK, with her GP reporting his concerns to social services.

She was forced to marry the relative just after her 18th birthday when her mother made her believe she was going on a family holiday to Pakistan.

no mention of the sentence or likely sentence....Given that her child was forced to have sex with this man when 13, there surely should be other charges brought around child abuse, trafficking, etc.  There should also be a case brought for incest, this was a relative  o.O

2 minutes ago, JackieO said:

You just can't your head around their mindset. I mean a mother doing this to her 13 yo daughter

Just WTF :Sick1:

Brainwashed from birth with little if any exposure to 'Western Values'. 

Good news that the case was brought and won.

6 minutes ago, JackieO said:

You just can't your head around their mindset. I mean a mother doing this to her 13 yo daughter

Just WTF :Sick1:

Their problem is living to their Middle Age rules in a western country. In Pakistan and most Islamic countries I guess that what they did they would be fairly standard practice. Sadly when they apply their Middle Age rules here it affects us as Sharia law and the dictates of the Qu'ran are what they live by. Even now the parents will not believe they have done anything wrong and UK Law is wrong and they have been treated unfairly. Applying Western values to their lives makes no sense whatsoever; they have done nothing wrong and as such the UK must be made to adopt Sharia Law so these miscarriages of justice can be stopped.

31 minutes ago, satch said:

Their problem is living to their Middle Age rules in a western country. In Pakistan and most Islamic countries I guess that what they did they would be fairly standard practice. Sadly when they apply their Middle Age rules here it affects us as Sharia law and the dictates of the Qu'ran are what they live by. Even now the parents will not believe they have done anything wrong and UK Law is wrong and they have been treated unfairly. Applying Western values to their lives makes no sense whatsoever; they have done nothing wrong and as such the UK must be made to adopt Sharia Law so these miscarriages of justice can be stopped.

Spot on!

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Four and a half years. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-44222039

got off very lightly imho. 

I heard that there was also lying under oath involved in this case.

So for offering her daughter to a pedophile, deception, false imprisonment and lying under oath a sentence of 4 and a half years.

Figures from Karma Nirvana say that over one  thousand two hundred potential cases a year of forced marriage are committed. This is considered to be a hidden crime with unreported numbers being much higher. The success rate of prosecutions seems vanishingly small considering the potential scale of the problem. It  seems to be as succesful as the  investigations and prosecutions for forced female genital mutilation. I for one am glad that we are so rigorous in erradicating this problem from civilised society.

10 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

So for offering her daughter to a pedophile, deception, false imprisonment and lying under oath a sentence of 4 and a half years.

Figures from Karma Nirvana say that over one  thousand two hundred potential cases a year of forced marriage are committed. This is considered to be a hidden crime with unreported numbers being much higher. The success rate of prosecutions seems vanishingly small considering the potential scale of the problem. It  seems to be as succesful as the  investigations and prosecutions for forced female genital mutilation. I for one am glad that we are so rigorous in erradicating this problem from civilised society.

Prosecutions for this are way mor successful than for fgm.  There hasn’t been one. Not one prosecution 

6 minutes ago, eight said:

75% of an Adam Johnson.

Put like that.... appeasement. 

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 16:50, satch said:

I for one am pleased that the case was brought and won. The only way those who think that they can act with total disregard for our laws and way of life will be made to change the way they behave and conform to our laws is if our laws are enforced. If they don't like our way of life being imposed upon them then they are more than welcome to F**K OFF.

They could go somewhere to live under sharia. I'm sure it will be more to their liking.

3 hours ago, Shaneyson said:

It may be classed as a hidden 'crime' by western standards but not by islamic standards so will not be reported as a crime. In the same way that using islamic standards homosexual behaviour is a crime but is not so when judged by western standards. What is a crime in one society can be accepted as being normal in other societies. Our problem is that we fully accomodate non-western values such as polygamy, anti-gay actions, treating women as second class citizens etc  when commited in the name of islam and ignore these crimes but act very swiftly if a westerner offends against eg islam. It seems to be accepted than a muslim man will not shake hand with a christian woman but if a christian man refused to shake hands with a musilm man it would be hate crime.