• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Britain’s wealth was built on black backs

It’s like the stupid MP Eleanor Smith complaining about chain links on the Black Country Flag as chains are associated with slaves. Hardly think life was all that great for the Black Country workers who made the chains. I am fed up with minorities taking offence at everything and making out we owe them something.

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Frankly, I couldn't give a fuck if it was or not. I don't think there has been a country on earth that wasn't established at the expense of someone else. It's just how it was. Rather than whinging about it, they should be grateful that because of it's varied history, they now live in a country that allows them to freely spout such bollocks.

Well said Sarge. Its going on today in the Middle East. South Asian workers slaving away for a pittance, why don't the cunts spouting this shyte go do something for the working conditions of those folks

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Frankly, I couldn't give a fuck if it was or not. I don't think there has been a country on earth that wasn't established at the expense of someone else. It's just how it was. Rather than whinging about it, they should be grateful that because of it's varied history, they now live in a country that allows them to freely spout such bollocks.

Top post again.

It allows them to spout this bollocks but try saying that the world was built by the white man through sweat and toil and you would probably find yourself on charges for hate crime. 

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Does she have the faintest idea just how old are the cathedrals of this country?

Or stone henge, or the Iron Age remnants, the great seafaring history, tolpuddle martyrs, etc, etc, etc....  

28 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

They need to pay a little visit to Beamish, no black fellas down that pit doing 11 hours a day, '13 on 1 off' for 2p a cart.

The mortality rate was also horrific, and if your family lived in a pit house your family was turfed out on the afternoon of the funeral.

We built the world this way.

I dunno, they look pretty black to me after a day's graft.

coalminers.jpg

My ancestors were cottage weavers, put out of a living by the advent of steam they were financially repressed into working down the coal mines to feed the very engines that destroyed their business. This they did for over 100 years and four generations living in rented 2 up 2 down terraced cottages and generally loosing every other child before they to were old enough to start work.

Watched 100K drop this evening and marvelled at the ignorance on display, the best one was the two 40 year olds who didn't know which was the fastest, Stephensons Rocket, Mallard or Evening Star. They had never heard of Stephensons Rocket so god knows what children actually learn at school these days or pick up in everyday life.

As for MPs, no intelligence is required to get elected.

Hard to know really.

A lot of wealth was generated overseas by investments in plantations etc..  and slaves provided a lot of the man power.   That said,  it was a time of technological innovation and far reaching global empires (mostly controlled/managed by British soldiers).  If slaves hadn't been available,  other local workers would have been employed in slave-like conditions earning a slight pittance more.  Which isn't to say it was right..  but it doesn't really support the idea that it some how wouldn't have happened without slave labour. It just would have been a bit more expensive and slightly less productive AFAICT.

11 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

My ancestors were cottage weavers, put out of a living by the advent of steam they were financially repressed into working down the coal mines to feed the very engines that destroyed their business. This they did for over 100 years and four generations living in rented 2 up 2 down terraced cottages and generally loosing every other child before they to were old enough to start work.

Watched 100K drop this evening and marvelled at the ignorance on display, the best one was the two 40 year olds who didn't know which was the fastest, Stephensons Rocket, Mallard or Evening Star. They had never heard of Stephensons Rocket so god knows what children actually learn at school these days or pick up in everyday life.

As for MPs, no intelligence is required to get elected.

Bloody hell, your lot live for a long time. No wonder they are putting the retirement age up

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

They need to pay a little visit to Beamish, no black fellas down that pit doing 11 hours a day, '13 on 1 off' for 2p a cart.

The mortality rate was also horrific, and if your family lived in a pit house your family was turfed out on the afternoon of the funeral.

Not so in South Wales.

"So why is it mainly brothers who is working down there."

"So why has he blacked himself up and pretend to be like a brother."

Edited by Fischer

55 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

That is so insulting to and ignorant of the British people.

Also an insult to the people who came over.

Loads of them have made a success of their lives and are better off had they not come over.

Typical loony left wanting to see black people as simply victims.

54 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Love that Beamish place. Go there on a cold dank rainy autumn day, when the place smells of coal smoke from  coal fires they heat the buildings with.

One of the guides was telling a story of a family who lived in one of the pit homes. Eldest lad, big brawny lad and his dad worked down pit. Proper  physical up to your tits in water sort of work. Supported his wife and extended family in the house and also the second son who was nerdy yet  brainy and sent to the school with eyes on a future clerks income or such. One day big accident in the pit. Father, son, and load of miners dead.  Anyhow only hope for the family to not get turfed out of the house was to extract second son from school and send him down the pit.  Second boy was dead by the next afternoon and the family were out of the house the following day. The UKs wealth was built on the backs of those people.

( A bit off topiccy but also check out the 1930s garage.In Beamish. On the desk is a flat twin motorcycke engine designed in the early1900s by a British company. It was stolen by a german company and the uk company went broke trying to sue them for copyright. The engine was known in germany as the boxer engine and they still use the basic design  today in BMW motocycles.)

1 hour ago, One percent said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/22/windrush-scandal-forgetting-black-britons-like-me-british-history

dear god, what passed for history in this person’s education. 

Im refusing to post the toxic content, I couldn’t bring myself to get past the first paragraph. 

Slave trade gave a small number of families a lot money.

Joe Pleb just got a load of new stabby and rapey neighbours who sit around on benefit.

Besides, even the the hardest done blacks in the us and uk live a much better life than 99% of africans.

Ive been reading about this bloke.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cudjoe_Lewis

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

They should be paying extra tax for the opportunity to live in Europe or America... most, if not all of Africa is a shit hole.