• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

When you have really, really, really had enough of the kids

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44215648

i know we have joked about this on here but this is just weird 

The parents of a 30-year-old man have resorted to drastic measures in an effort to get their son to fly the coop: they are suing him.

Court documents say Michael Rotondo does not pay rent or help with chores, and has ignored his parents' offers of money to get him settled.

Despite doling out five eviction letters, Christina and Mark Rotondo say their son still refuses to move out.

Or, as a friend's parents did, move and not tell them.the address.

A couple of us listened to a lengthy rant down the pub from a mate about how annoyed he was that his parents had moved from Jersey without consulting their two children so losing them their residency rights in Jersey.

He was getting more and more annoyed so to try to calm him down one of us asked him to where his parents had moved.

There was a pause; followed by "Somewhere in East Anglia."

Start a game of hide and seek and then move house without telling him.

He will be deeply conflicted at winning the game and losing his parents.

Posted (edited)

My ideas might change when Jnr reaches her teens, but as far as I'm concerned, my home will always be her home.

(No, boyfriends will not be staying over. Or girlfriends if she chooses)

Edited by Sucralose Ray Leonard

6 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

My ideas might change when Jnr reaches her teens, but as far as I'm concerned, my home will always be her home.

Yes but in this case the lazy fucker appears to be living rent and chore free. Dipsy junior will always be welcome at our house but we won't be waiting on her hand and foot. I reckon the daft parents are still doing his cooking and laundry for him. 

1 hour ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Oh dear.

So tell me, at what age did you think she could have a smartphone, and at what age did she actually get one?

On 22/05/2018 at 22:11, Dipsy said:

I reckon the daft parents are still doing his cooking and laundry for him. 

No laundry service provided.

I'm not convinced this story is real.

CNN are framing it as like the movie Failure To Launch, with talking heads hoots of derision he still lives with his parents at 30.

Set aside the indignation that he is not economically productive, there is a question for society.

Sucralose expresses my view, for the record.

If there is no responsibility for parents to look after their offspring beyond a certain age, there can be no reciprocation for children to take care of ageing parents ?

Break the contract.

There is no contract.

Unlike say, Japan where elderly parents are routinely brought back into family home for care, in UK and US parents are often abandoned to social care.

Surely if you produce a child, you are responsible, you took the decision to bring life into this world whether they liked the idea or not ? You can't dismiss your liability at 18.

If you can, why be surprised when you are cast aside as you start to require help ?

At some point family roles tend to swap, the child becomes the parent.

This story lambasts him for living 'rent free', maybe that's the agenda. Family members must pay rent and be taxed accordingly.

No freeloaders.

I have certainly become my parent's taxi driver. Which I wouldn't mind, if he didn't spend much of any journey whinging about the number of cars on the road. Today, we are "just popping" to Bishop Auckland. We live in Darlington. But Darlington doesn't have a Homebase. So we are "just popping" the thirty mile round trip to see if they have the exact type of lawn edging that he is fruitlessly searching for (although easily found on the internet, which he doesn't trust as it is full of filth and, much worse, truth, which apparently never did the plebs any good)  whilst all the time whinging about the amount of traffic on the roads. 

3 minutes ago, eight said:

Today, we are "just popping" to Bishop Auckland. So we are "just popping" the thirty mile round trip... 

Time is elastic. A concept not a structure. 

So is distance.

For you it's 30 miles to him it's around the corner. 

10 minutes ago, eight said:

I have certainly become my parent's taxi driver. Which I wouldn't mind, if he didn't spend much of any journey whinging about the number of cars on the road. Today, we are "just popping" to Bishop Auckland. We live in Darlington. But Darlington doesn't have a Homebase. So we are "just popping" the thirty mile round trip to see if they have the exact type of lawn edging that he is fruitlessly searching for (although easily found on the internet, which he doesn't trust as it is full of filth and, much worse, truth, which apparently never did the plebs any good)  whilst all the time whinging about the amount of traffic on the roads. 

What about the Homebase out the Yarm road shopping site. Where the KFC is/was near Cummins. is that gone is it.

Going any where near West Auckland is like descending into a HG wells story where the Morlocks live overground.

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

What about the Homebase out the Yarm road shopping site. Where the KFC is/was near Cummins. is that gone is it.

Going any where near West Auckland is like descending into a HG wells story where the Morlocks live overground.

Yes, it's The Range now. There's also a drive thru Costa been built there. (Can't help feeling we are inadvertently discussing the ying and yang of SNACR's empire here....)

On the plus side I will today be passing that fantastically ostentatious art deco mansion that had its own thread on HPC.

1 hour ago, Dipsy said:

Entitled older millenial-type wannabe?

... has some highly paid job but doesn't want to reveal what it was, has previously lived away from his parents twice (presumably when at college/uni) ... wants to be a parasite ... game over.

I did hear of one couple that had 3 adult kids with no intention of leaving home. They bought a static caravan and didn't tell the kids where it was.

My ma would always put me up and feed me whenever I came back with my tail between my legs. I've told my tribe that I'll always do the same for them if they feel the need. They have used that option sometimes but once they got their breath back it was off into the world again. Must be different for somebody who knows that once they've left, they're gone for good. 

2 minutes ago, jm51 said:

I did hear of one couple that had 3 adult kids with no intention of leaving home. They bought a static caravan and didn't tell the kids where it was.

My ma would always put me up and feed me whenever I came back with my tail between my legs. I've told my tribe that I'll always do the same for them if they feel the need. They have used that option sometimes but once they got their breath back it was off into the world again. Must be different for somebody who knows that once they've left, they're gone for good. 

Mrs Plan is still insisting we need to rent a 3 bed place once they have gone, despite the fact that there will only be a month or two every year when they are back at the same time.

I think a small garden and a tent should do them.

Don't want them getting too comfy.

3 minutes ago, jm51 said:

House with a driveway large enough to park a caravan?

One of the advantages of renting is that, for the price of a four bedder, I could get a really nice flat for myself and a grotty two bedder for the kids. 

Problem solved.

14 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Mrs Plan is still insisting we need to rent a 3 bed place once they have gone, despite the fact that there will only be a month or two every year when they are back at the same time.

I think a small garden and a tent should do them.

Don't want them getting too comfy.

How is the missus on this subject? A lot of women are like @One percent and will moan a bit but are really quite happy to have the kids at home. (In some cases to avoid having to talk too much to hubby, but no idea if that is the case for her  :P )

8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

How is the missus on this subject? A lot of women are like @One percent and will moan a bit but are really quite happy to have the kids at home. (In some cases to avoid having to talk too much to hubby, but no idea if that is the case for her  :P )

She thinks they should always have a place to 'come home' to. But eldest is gone for four years, and if he has any sense won't return, and the youngest will be gone for at least 9.

The debate is not yet resolved.

4 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

A lot of women are like @One percent and will moan a bit but are really quite happy to have the kids at home. (In some cases to avoid having to talk too much to hubby, but no idea if that is the case for her  :P )

A lot of people stay together until the kids leave home then split.

They don't have anything to say to each other.

A woman at work is terrified because this will be the first holiday as a couple with her husband but without her daughter, she says she dreads having to be alone with him.

I said you'll be together with him, you would only be alone by yourself.

She replied she has nothing in common with him except their daughter. :(

12 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

A lot of people stay together until the kids leave home then split.

They don't have anything to say to each other.

A woman at work is terrified because this will be the first holiday as a couple with her husband but without her daughter, she says she dreads having to be alone with him.

I said you'll be together with him, you would only be alone by yourself.

She replied she has nothing in common with him except their daughter. :(

If only. Can’t get the buggers to leave. o.O