• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Long time lurking

Peak SJW ?

10 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Have i got this all wrong and it means something else ?

@Equalluv4all account has been suspended

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

The fuckers should be locked up

Some were saying it was a spoof to generate anti LGBT sentiment

Edited by Hopeful

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

@Equalluv4all account has been suspended

Quite right too, the lack of apostrophes in that tweet is appalling.

Edited by satch

Just now, Hopeful said:

Some were saying it was a spoof to generate anti LGBT sentiment

That would be my guess. There are two 'isshoos' that seem to be off limits for SJWs. One is criticism of radical Islam, and the other is anything with a hint of paedophilia. 

I believe I have found the official Peak SJW video.

It's a WW2 game, with various historical inaccuracies, but that doesn't matter because there's a disable woman with a prosthetic arm fighting alongside them. In fact there are women everywhere on the WW2 battlefields , as was of course the case in real life.

220k dislikes, only 200k likes. Peak SJW?

As a chick, this Battlefield V trailer absolutely disgusts me. I can’t speak for people of color or people with disabilities, but I can say that the overrepresentation of women in the Battlefield V trailer perpetuates the myth that rewriting history appeases past indiscretions.

If you want to show women, don’t cheapen the ACTUAL contributions that ACTUAL women made. No British women were running around without uniforms and prosthetics. Why do game devs think that what we want is a mockery of the sacrifices and adversities that brave women endured and overcame through a willingness to serve their countries. Instead of rewriting history to include diversity, why not address the underlying issues that lead to a lack of diversity. Instead of shying away from violations such as gender and race segregation, why not show characters overcoming adversity and having integrity?

If you’re going to give female representation, give us war stories that are real. Give me British women facing sexism as they operate AA instruments. Give me Russian sniper women. Give me Nancy Wake, Elsie Otts, Susan Travers.

Give me Reba Whittle, a US flight nurse that was kept as a POW and tended to the wounded that were in the camp with her. (She was ultimately denied POW or do isability by the military due to sexism). Give me Major Wanda Gertz, a Polish woman who dressed as a man during WW1 and became one of the first resistance fighters of WW2.

By not addressing these struggles, Dice has instead chosen to downplay and dismiss the adversity that women when they could’ve really showed the consequences of sexism. Nice job, assholes.