• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

Whistleblower claims she was taped to a chair by colleagues in Scottish Government agency

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/whistleblower-claims-she-was-taped-to-a-chair-by-colleagues-in-scottish-government-agency/ar-AAxI3YS?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

AAxIP9a.img?h=456&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

A whistleblower who complained of a racist and misogynistic culture in a Scottish Government agency claims she was taped to a chair and gagged by two male colleagues.

---

She is understood to be facing a disciplinary hearing from her employers at the end of May, over charges of being "overzealous" in her job and rude to clients.

It is difficult to know exactly what is going on - were the colleagues bad, or was she hard to work with?  Even if she was tied up as a joke, it wouldn't be nice if it was you in that chair. (I am no SJW by the way). There are two sides to every story, but a reminder - to be nice to your work colleagues today.

Work to live, don't live to work.

Edited by 201p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assumed that picture was faked, but it's real.

Doing that is out of order at school; to do it to an adult at a workplace is outrageous.

Though I think she is conflating two different things to suggest that it was punishment for her whistle blowing when it was a particularly nasty piece of workplace bullying in what must have been a terrible place to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I assumed that picture was faked, but it's real.

Doing that is out of order at school; to do it to an adult at a workplace is outrageous.

Though I think she is conflating two different things to suggest that it was punishment for her whistle blowing when it was a particularly nasty piece of workplace bullying in what must have been a terrible place to work.

 

Having worked in Quangos/NGOs like this I can believe it was a vile and bullying place to work.

Quangos/NGOs enable the worse people to rise to the surface, foster a mob mentality and seem to operate in a bubble. They are not good places for outsiders with different work ethics or values.

 

Edited by Hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

 

Having worked in Quangos/NGOs like this I can believe it was a vile and bullying place to work.

Quangos/NGOs enable the worse people to rise to the surface, foster a mob mentality and seem to operate in a bubble. They are not good places for outsiders with different work ethics or values.

 

local jobs for local people, related to the local people who work there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

 

Having worked in Quangos/NGOs like this I can believe it was a vile and bullying place to work.

Quangos/NGOs enable the worse people to rise to the surface, foster a mob mentality and seem to operate in a bubble. They are not good places for outsiders with different work ethics or values.

 

That's surprising.

I knew someone at SWERDA (development agency) and her only complaint was that they hugely took the piss with expenses - top restaurants as a minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Context is everything.

The bloke says it will have been banter.

Who knows. 

If she was tied up for 30 seconds whilst laughing and a pic taken then got up it's really no big deal.

I can't imagine someone would be so dumb as to take a pic of it then share it if done in a threatening manner.

Who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banter or not, in todays environment you'd have to be a few IQ points short of a housebrick to think doing that and taking a photo for posterity was a good idea. Even more so in a government department.

Morons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ccc said:

Context is everything.

The bloke says it will have been banter.

Who knows. 

If she was tied up for 30 seconds whilst laughing and a pic taken then got up it's really no big deal.

I can't imagine someone would be so dumb as to take a pic of it then share it if done in a threatening manner.

Who knows. 

They are Scottish 

 

 

 

*runs away*. xDo.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, 201p said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/whistleblower-claims-she-was-taped-to-a-chair-by-colleagues-in-scottish-government-agency/ar-AAxI3YS?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

AAxIP9a.img?h=456&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

A whistleblower who complained of a racist and misogynistic culture in a Scottish Government agency claims she was taped to a chair and gagged by two male colleagues.

---

She is understood to be facing a disciplinary hearing from her employers at the end of May, over charges of being "overzealous" in her job and rude to clients.

It is difficult to know exactly what is going on - were the colleagues bad, or was she hard to work with?  Even if she was tied up as a joke, it wouldn't be nice if it was you in that chair. (I am no SJW by the way). There are two sides to every story, but a reminder - to be nice to your work colleagues today.

Work to live, don't live to work.

In Scotland that probably means turning up for work on time and putting in a full days work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ccc said:

Context is everything.

Not in Scotland :D

 

But yes,  totally agree..  it is impossible to infer from one photo whether it was a charity "thing", a bit of fun,  she was being restrained for her own safety, or she was actually being bullied.

Usually though,  bullies don't take pictures of the incident and then send them to the victim..  so I'm just a tad suspicious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

local jobs for local people, related to the local people who work there.

 

Wales is nothing like that.

Certainly not in public sector, and especially not media.

...and before it's suggested - it makes no difference whom you have sex with either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe a word of it. Signed off from work since Nov 2016 because her father died? She's a skiver IMO.

IMO that photo wouldn't exist if it hadn't been light-hearted. Apart from anything else you physically couldn't do this to someone who made any effort to prevent it unless you were threatening them or violent, in which case there would have been a complaint made at the time.

IMO she has had a conversation with a lawyer pre-tribunal who asked her to remember anything that could be used, this is the result.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The story has everything - even the name DeeAnn.

The article refers to her as Ms as well.  What would "the boys" think of that.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

That's surprising.

I knew someone at SWERDA (development agency) and her only complaint was that they hugely took the piss with expenses - top restaurants as a minimum.

Raise an eyebrow against a culture of taking the piss on expenses (your and my money) and you could easily find yourself marginalised, bullied etc - don't rock the boat

She was in fisheries, I can quite easily envisage that the local frsheries office might have turned a blind eye to local fisheries malpractice, a cosye operation if you will, something that someone from Canada wanting to do their job, might raise an eyebrow towards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Raise an eyebrow against a culture of taking the piss on expenses (your and my money) and you could easily find yourself marginalised, bullied etc - don't rock the boat

She was in fisheries, I can quite easily envisage that the local frsheries office might have turned a blind eye to local fisheries malpractice, a cosye operation if you will, something that someone from Canada wanting to do their job, might raise an eyebrow towards

It being connected to seafaring and the behaviour of men I question whether the emergence of the story might also have some political connection with the RNLI seamen sackings.  Another incident portraying men in a bad light - for the benefit of the SJWs etc.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twocents said:

It being connected to seafaring and the behaviour of men I question whether the emergence of the story might also have some political connection with the RNLI seamen sackings.  Another incident portraying men in a bad light - for the benefit of the SJWs.

Fisheries offices and RNLI boat sheds are very different environments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I don't believe a word of it. Signed off from work since Nov 2016 because her father died? She's a skiver IMO.

IMO that photo wouldn't exist if it hadn't been light-hearted. Apart from anything else you physically couldn't do this to someone who made any effort to prevent it unless you were threatening them or violent, in which case there would have been a complaint made at the time.

IMO she has had a conversation with a lawyer pre-tribunal who asked her to remember anything that could be used, this is the result.

 

I never realised that. Taking the utter piss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Fisheries offices and RNLI boat sheds are very different environments.

I'm not saying the roles, accommodation and office environments are identical and aren't different  - but the complaints along the lines of male culture and misbehaviour are similar with both organisations having close connections with the sea along with accusations of misogynistic culture and behaviour.  

Scrabster is a small remote fishing harbour and interestingly also has an RNLI station.  Within a stone's throw?   It wouldn't be a complete surprise if they all know each other - they quite possibly share some facilities.  Who knows.

It's quite possible that some of Marine Scotland's men volunteer for the RNLI.  Who knows?

There might be some sort of political link with the Whitby RNLI story and before we know it we'll all be regaled by stories of Marine Scotland's men drinking tea out of mugs with nude pictures on them.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, twocents said:

I'm not saying the roles, accommodation and office environments are identical and aren't different  - but the complaints along the lines of male culture and misbehaviour are similar with both organisations having close connections with the sea along with accusations of misogynistic culture and behaviour.  

Scrabster is a small remote fishing harbour and interestingly also has an RNLI station.  It wouldn't be a complete surprise if they all know each other - they quite possibly share some facilities.

There might be some sort of political link with the Whitby RNLI story and before we know it we'll all be regaled by stories of Marine Scotland's men drinking tea out of mugs with nude pictures on them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the fisheries officers cosy up to the fishermen and turn a blind eye to many things that they should be regulating. The fisheries officers could well have leisure boats in the local harbour and don't want the cordless drill treatment one night.

RNLI are probably fishermen. Lots of local relationships. But I don't immediatley think there is any conspiracy between the stories.

Someone comes from outside the club, perhaps with a vocation to do the job, can upset the apple cart. Would be very inconvenient if people had to start doing their jobs properly, when all just want a quiet time on the taxpayers teat.

 

Edited by Hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well ...

Its parcel tape, which has the sticking power of wet paper on skin.

If you look, he tape on her mouth does not go around her head - its just covers her mouth.

If you open your mouth the tape will fall off.

The tape below her knees is already coming off.

If she stood up, the tape would snap.

Its really not that strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.