• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Fischer

Non SJW celebs.

This could be a short thread.

We all know about Morrissey.

What about Toyah Wilcox?

From 2002.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1395284/From-punk-rocker-to-village-protester.html

"It worries her that the Government has plans to build asylum centres in other rural areas. "This is only the first of 15. The sheer scale is mind-boggling. This is a small country - it's all happening illegally."

Do non-SJW celebs have something in common?

Have they never been afraid to be different? (Toyah used to walk around Birmingham in colored hair in the mid 70s - way before punk).

Have they had to overcome adversity? (Toyah had to undergo a lot of childhood corrective surgery for spinal problems amongst other things, and Morrissey is from Manchester).

Have they not had everything handed to them on a plate like Lily Allen?

7 minutes ago, Fischer said:

They had to overcome adversity? (Toyah had to undergo a lot of childhood corrective surgery for spinal problems amongst other things, and Morrissey is from Manchester).

Very good. xD

Posted (edited)

Ricky Gervais latest stand up special "Humanity" has a large section about telling "offended" Twitter mobs to fuck off, and standing up for freedom of speech.

Also Stephen Fry and John Cleese have long been giving serious talks about how important freedom of speech is.

Edited by Hail the Tripod

Back in my TV days Toyah Wilcox was touring the UK in a version of Peter Pan.

The film crew filmed her doing an extract from the play several times from differentcamera positions so that it could be cut together as one seqence.

Her performance was so perfect that there was no problem editing it all together. I never saw an actor give such a perfect repetition of the same scene again and again... and again. She was amazing and, ever since, I have held a, ahem, soft spot for Toyah.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Ricky Gervais? He's the worst kind of SJW. Whinges about things on his Twitter feed to his gape mouthed followers who lap it up. EG:  Christianity is evil but won't touch Muslim rape gangs. Whinges about slaughterhouse animal abuse but won't go vegetarian etc.

Actually I think he is now vegetarian, bordering on vegan: https://www.veopolis.com/blog/is-ricky-gervais-now-officially-vegan/

Edited by Hail the Tripod

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Clarkson is acting or playing up to a persona. He voted Remain which says it all.

Well he's rich, and not threatened by immigration, apart from his roadspace. He probably employs immigrants so is happy to have labour costs driven down. I doubt if he uses state schools or hospitals, he probably owns more than one property and won't live anywhere very enriched. Anyone in the wealthiest part of society is more likely to vote Remain, it's (shitty) human nature.  

He's an arrogant blowhard fat cunt, but not an SJW, which was the thread title.

Edit :- The only thing I like about him is that if I called him an arrogant fat blowhard on national TV, he'd look at me, decide physical assault was a bad idea, and would come back with some insult or remark about me having forgotten the word "loaded", he wouldn't sue. 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

16 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Well he's rich, and not threatened by immigration, apart from his roadspace. He probably employs immigrants so is happy to have labour costs driven down. I doubt if he uses state schools or hospitals, he probably owns more than one property and won't live anywhere very enriched. Anyone in the wealthiest part of society is more likely to vote Remain, it's (shitty) human nature.  

And yet the reason he gave for voting Remain was because it would "harm our car industry" to vote to Leave. Doesn't that make him an SJW? The fact he cannot openly state why he did something. The reasons you gave are the probably truth, he doesn't give much of a toss about the car industry I'd wager.

1 hour ago, ccc said:

Kanye West.

James Woods.

Matt Damon (I think)

Matt Damon? I thought he was the worst kind of Hollywood SJW.

James Woods the British snowboarder?

21 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

Have you noticed that the majority of the ones mentioned don't seem to get any work anymore?

Yep. Good pal of mine is a minor celeb and a conservative - told me outright he has to keep his political views to himself or he'd get no work.