• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Middlesbrough is ready for the apocalypse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-44226852

A hidden World War Two bunker has been discovered under the back garden of a house in Middlesbrough.

Chris Scott was having his Marton Avenue home renovated when he decided to investigate what he thought was a drain cover. 

But it turned out to be the entrance to a concrete-lined, two-room bunker, big enough for more than 50 people.

The married father-of-one, 40, said he plans to turn the bunker into a wine cellar or an office.

I read that the other day and it was this section that made me wonder whether there is something in the water up there:

"Our neighbours had mentioned something about a bunker, but to be honest we didn't think any more about it," Mr Scott said.

"When my builder suggested having a look at what was under the cover, we opened it up and saw a 10ft metal ladder leading down into the darkness.

Now your neighbours tell you there is a bunker in your small back garden.

There is a big metsly cover in your small back garden.

You do not connect the two things or even bother to lift up that cover until your builder makes the suggestion to you.

Errr....

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I read that the other day and it was this section that made me wonder whether there is something in the water up there:

"Our neighbours had mentioned something about a bunker, but to be honest we didn't think any more about it," Mr Scott said.

"When my builder suggested having a look at what was under the cover, we opened it up and saw a 10ft metal ladder leading down into the darkness.

You do not connect the two things or even bother to lift up that cover until your builder makes the suggestion to you.

Errr....

Come on frank, we are talking people from Middlesbrough. They have to concentrate really hard so as to remember to breathe. 

25 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Errr....

:D

I watched Idiocracy last night until about half way through, when I'd had enough as it's pretty tedious. Suspect some places in the UK are partly down that road already...

59 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Really!?

If my neighbours had mentioned that I possibly had a WW2 bunker in my back garden, I'd be out there with a shovel and a thermos.

I reckon it was common knowledge already - wouldn't it show up on surveys/deeds - and they are playing up the 'oh, what a surprise!' angle for the press.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Really!?

If my neighbours had mentioned that I possibly had a WW2 bunker in my back garden, I'd be out there with a shovel and a thermos.

I reckon it was common knowledge already - wouldn't it show up on surveys/deeds - and they are playing up the 'oh, what a surprise!' angle for the press.

Maybe, but I have heard these things about Middlesbrough!

The one local news story my Dad formed part of indeed invented that "oh, what a surprise!" angle rather than the more prosaic truth.

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Maybe, but I have heard these things about Middlesbrough!

I went there for a week to visit a friend a few years ago.

That was an education.

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The one local news story my Dad formed part of indeed invented that "oh, what a surprise!" angle rather than the more prosaic truth.

I'm intrigued! :D

34 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I went there for a week to visit a friend a few years ago.

That was an education.

I'm intrigued! :D

He dug something up, it looked old but I couldn't be sure so suggested he took it to the museum, he did so and the "expert" said it was Victorian metalwork for the export market.

Scroll forward twenty years and a family friend recognises it as an important artefact and it gets into local press and TV.

He gets painted as some numpty who didn't think twice about what he found and just hung it up in the shed.  The museum's failure to recognise it first time of asking is airbrushed out.

5 minutes ago, twocents said:

Two rooms "big enough for more than 50 people".

The So-Called BBC mentality is so deep into mass immigration.

Otis would have got 200 into that space.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Marton+Ave,+Middlesbrough+TS4+3SQ/@54.5458549,-1.2060463,15.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x487eec44501d06f7:0x5aafaac72e5250c6!8m2!3d54.5456622!4d-1.201218

Its other side of the beck to Berwick Hills.

Apocalyse is there already.

The top 10 boro spots - 30% are in that area.

1) Area around Wilson Street and Albert Road in Middlesbrough (272 crimes, Jan-Sept)
2) Area around Middlesbrough Police HQ, Bridge Street (224)
3) Area around Marina Way in Hartlepool (205)
4) Area around Eston Rec, off Trunk Road (190)
5) Area around Victoria Road in Hartlepool (167)
6) Area around James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough (159)
7) Area to rear of James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough (152)

8) Area around Wilson Street, Middlesbrough (150)
9) Area around Morrisons, Culgaith Avenue, Berwick Hills (148)
10) Area around parking area, Linthorpe Road / Victoria Road, Middlesbrough (140)

Id move into the bunker and leave the house empty.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, One percent said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-44226852

A hidden World War Two bunker has been discovered under the back garden of a house in Middlesbrough.

Chris Scott was having his Marton Avenue home renovated when he decided to investigate what he thought was a drain cover. 

But it turned out to be the entrance to a concrete-lined, two-room bunker, big enough for more than 50 people.

The married father-of-one, 40, said he plans to turn the bunker into a wine cellar or an office.

Is that Middlesbrough for i`m going to grow weed in it 

Edited by Long time lurking