• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Peak beach hut

4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I like that there's a 'school checker' tab on the website, so you can check what the quality of the schools are like in the area before you move your family into the beach hut.

Or, better still p, rent it out to a Romanian family.  There seems to be loads about. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Or, better still p, rent it out to a Romanian family.  There seems to be loads about. 

Genius. I'm ringing now to make a cash offer. Don't any of you fuckers try and gazump me.

It's crazy though.  You can get a decent garden shed for £1000.

Location, location.  Out on a windswept bit of sand in Dorset and add nearly £300,000. 

Five people can sleep in the hut "comfortably" (although without a toilet) according to the estate agent 

Come off it.  They could comfortably sleep more than 50 in Middlesbrough and that's in an underground bunker.

1 minute ago, twocents said:

It's crazy though.  You can get a decent garden shed for £1000.

You can, but certainly not from Garden Buildings Direct.  :PissedOff:

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

You can, but certainly not from Garden Buildings Direct.  :PissedOff:

They don't do decent sheds? 

Edited by twocents

2 minutes ago, twocents said:

They don't do decent sheds?  

I returned the one I bought from them  before they even started unloaded it off the lorry. Took one look at that cheap flimsy wood and said take it back! They must have some good "customer experiences" but if you look at the reviews it seems they're quite rare... Plus if you ring them up you get put through to the Phillippines.

5 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I returned the one I bought from them  before they even started unloaded it off the lorry. Took one look at that cheap flimsy wood and said take it back! They must have some good "customer experiences" but if you look at the reviews it seems they're quite rare... Plus if you ring them up you get put through to the Phillippines.

I've never dealt with them myself I was just going from a quick search of what's generally advertised on the web and what the sheds generally look like from the adverts.  Did you sort it out with them or have to go to another supplier.

11 minutes ago, twocents said:

I've never dealt with them myself I was just going from a quick search of what's generally advertised on the web and what the sheds generally look like from the adverts.  Did you sort it out with them or have to go to another supplier.

I asked them for a refund but their Philippines-based support staff didn't understand until I filed a PayPal dispute then it seemed to crystallise their understanding a bit.

I had a look at the other online ones: Sheds.co.uk, ShedsDirect; seems there are 3x "big" online providers (these 2 + Waltons/GardenBuildingsDirect/BillyOh/Project Timber - all the same company) and they're all rubbish. Using cheap wood and dire customer service. In the end I bought from a local firm, Skinners, who you should have nearby if you are in the South or South East.

What the hell do you do at a beach hut anyway? Writing that novel you have been fantasising about for the last thirty years? But what do you do from day two onwards?

5 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Abersoch.jpg

Storms cover Abersoch beach huts in sand.  

So that’s where all the sand from Redcar beach ended up 

1 minute ago, Panther said:

What the hell do you do at a beach hut anyway? Writing that novel you have been fantasising about for the last thirty years? But what do you do from day two onwards?

What, you can write a novel in a day?  Cool. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, One percent said:

What, you can write a novel in a day?  Cool

Yes, I'm from the adverb adverb verb adjective adjective noun school of creative writing

He roughly, eagerly squeezed her pouting, brown nipples, etc

Edited by Panther

6 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

I asked them for a refund but their Philippines-based support staff didn't understand until I filed a PayPal dispute then it seemed to crystallise their understanding a bit.

I had a look at the other online ones: Sheds.co.uk, ShedsDirect; seems there are 3x "big" online providers (these 2 + Waltons/GardenBuildingsDirect/BillyOh/Project Timber - all the same company) and they're all rubbish. Using cheap wood and dire customer service. In the end I bought from a local firm, Skinners, who you should have nearby if you are in the South or South East.

Thanks for the info.  There's so much that's at best just pot luck these days.  I'm glad you found a good supplier in the end.

40 minutes ago, Panther said:

Yes, I'm from the adverb adverb verb adjective adjective noun school of creative writing

He roughly, eagerly squeezed her pouting, brown nipples, etc

Can you continue?

Plot seems pretty good so far...