• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

England 2000. Anyone else remember the protest that brought the country too its knees?

7 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Fuel protests?

Wasn’t it though the fuel transporters, rather than Joe public?

imho, it’s why they hog tied trade unions, so that ordinary people have no collective power. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

fuel transporters are joe public

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

imho, it’s why they hog tied trade unions, so that ordinary people have no collective power. 

Farmers

5 minutes ago, JackieO said:

fuel transporters are joe public

Yeah but joe public with leverage. What leverage do you and I have?

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Farmers

Were they?  What did they threaten to do? 

Posted (edited)

The great satan blair pooped his pants over the fuel protests and enacted legislation to use the army to break up such mass disobedience. No doubt the current traitor would be more than happy to use those powers. Although there is the question of who the army would side with. It is starting to feel as if the breeze is changing direction.

Edited by Caravan Monster

1 minute ago, Caravan Monster said:

The great satan blair pooped his pants over the fuel protests and enacted legislation to use the army to break up such mass disobedience. No doubt the current traitor would be more than happy to use those powers. Although there is the question of who the army would side with. It is starting to feel as if the breeze is changing direction.

Hope it is....

Lets start tomorrow, can anyone make it to number 10 tomorrow at 3pm? Maybe an impromtu meetup prior for a swift pint?

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Dairy farmers.

More a case of Blair not being loved being loved by everyone.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Dairy farmers.

More a case of Blair not being loved being loved by everyone.

Ah.  And look what happened to dairy farmers. See, go up against the man and they will come for you  o.O

29 minutes ago, One percent said:

Farmers (especially arable, profit margins tightly bound to fuel costs) and hauliers blockaded fuel refineries to cut the supply of fuel to the country. At the same time there were rolling blockades of motorways with tractors and lorries. It actually started in '99 when they blocked Park Lane with lorries for a day. At the time diesel was nudging £1 / litre, filled up yesterday and we are nearly back to £1.30.

3 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Farmers (especially arable, profit margins tightly bound to fuel costs) and hauliers blockaded fuel refineries to cut the supply of fuel to the country. At the same time there were rolling blockades of motorways with tractors and lorries. It actually started in '99 when they blocked Park Lane with lorries for a day. At the time diesel was nudging £1 / litre, filled up yesterday and we are nearly back to £1.30.

Ta.  I couldn’t remember. 

As a side issue, what did farmers care what we paid at the pump? Were they not using red diesel?  

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ta.  I couldn’t remember. 

As a side issue, what did farmers care what we paid at the pump? Were they not using red diesel?  

Yes, but as I remember they were getting double whammied with increasing oil prices and taxes on red at the time. Those big machines really do use vast quantities of fuel, alongside things like grain driers. Big farms sometimes run their own lorries as well.

The one to scare the shit out of the powers that be would be getting the masses not to take out any new credit for 6 months 

Doubt any of them could go cold turkey for that long, shame 

1 hour ago, One percent said:

the same as them stand in front of the refinery gates there are only five and a few storage depots left it the country all in pretty seclude remote places 

1 hour ago, Oskar said:

Lets start tomorrow, can anyone make it to number 10 tomorrow at 3pm? Maybe an impromtu meetup prior for a swift pint?

Live nowhere near but hope there is a really significant turnout. This is not something that should be ignored. Much at stake.

Do feel the country is lost now, on the road to its destruction. 10, 20, 30 years... Europe, UK. Brexit appears to be being ignored to the extent that we leave in name only, favoured communities, minorities riding roughshod over normal people quietly getting on with life. Music is total pants*; nothing exciting is getting through... Depressing!

*Listened to a Punk compilation, boy we need something with that energy and irreverence. The country was alive, had possibilities.

6 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

the same as them stand in front of the refinery gates there are only five and a few storage depots left it the country all in pretty seclude remote places 

Remember the miners sttikes and various demonstrations and insurrections in the past. 

Didnt someone get locked up for stealing a bottle of water?  

Tolpuddle martyrs, the diggers etc... 

My mate was a greenham common woman (yeah I know, don’t start) and they had obviously clocked her number plate as she was continually getting pulled over. 

United we stand, divided we fall.  They have made a very good fist of dividing us. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Remember the miners sttikes and various demonstrations and insurrections in the past. 

Didnt someone get locked up for stealing a bottle of water?  

Tolpuddle martyrs, the diggers etc... 

My mate was a greenham common woman (yeah I know, don’t start) and they had obviously clocked her number plate as she was continually getting pulled over. 

United we stand, divided we fall.  They have made a very good fist of dividing us. 

I think they may not realise what they have just poked with a big stick ,we are talking totally different demographics , add the instant nature of social media and it`s a whole different ball game 

He has a Million plus followers on face book and the like you treble that or more if you include those that just read and not follow 

25 minutes ago, Malthus said:

The one to scare the shit out of the powers that be would be getting the masses not to take out any new credit for 6 months 

Doubt any of them could go cold turkey for that long, shame 

Every day I withdraw a little more of my consent and cooperation.

Let it all burn.

7 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I think they may not realise what they have just poked with a big stick ,we are talking totally different demographics , add the instant nature of social media and it`s a whole different ball game 

He has a Million plus followers on face book and the like you treble that or more if you include those that just read and not follow 

I would like to think so but I fear we are occupying an echo chamber here. Yes, some people see it and some moan.

most however are charmed by the idiot lantern and the free money. They don’t get it nor do they care. 

The only thing that is going to kick this off are shortages of essentials, then it will be too late. 

We are boiling frogs 

6 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Every day I withdraw a little more of my consent and cooperation.

Let it all burn.

👍

yep, it’s going to happen so might as well get on with it 

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

I would like to think so but I fear we are occupying an echo chamber here. Yes, some people see it and some moan.

most however are charmed by the idiot lantern and the free money. They don’t get it nor do they care. 

The only thing that is going to kick this off are shortages of essentials, then it will be too late. 

We are boiling frogs 

1.2m+ TR supporters are in the same echo chamber.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

I sincerely hope you are right cunning but I’m way too cynical to think anything will happen 

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

I know there may be some doubles but Britan first had 2 million +, they all have something in common 

Just now, One percent said:

I sincerely hope you are right cunning but I’m way too cynical to think anything will happen 

RT and you tube should be interesting at around 3pm tommorow

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

I know there may be some doubles but Britan first had 2 million +, they all have something in common 

RT and you tube should be interesting at around 3pm tommorow

If they don’t issue a D notice