• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  

Crazy/Criminal/WTF Things You've Seen Today

I see weird things at least once a week when I think WTF?  I'm not talking about stuff in the papers or internet, just stuff you see when going about your daily routine.

For example:

• A few months ago on the bus going through south London, a woman got on carrying at least six packs of those 24 piece toilet rolls.  She could barely get through the doors and then was blocking the whole area from the driver to the doors.  Who does that?
  • Mentioned on another thread, at the station a morbidly obese woman wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with 'Living the Dream'.
  • Three months ago on a slip road to the M20 at 8am on a Sunday morning a skinny bloke hitching wearing a bra, micro mini skirt and Pippi Longstocking socks with full over the top make up and a beehive wig.  Who the hell would stop for him?
  • Last weekend looking out my window I see a car mount the pavement and disappear into shopfront.  Luckily nobody hurt and driver (aged about 90) helped out of the wreckage.
  • Today in M&S a bloke (70ish, not someone you'd want to talk to in a pub look about him) openly filling an Aldi, launderette-style bag with champagne (at least 8 bottles) and walking out the store.  Not seen by store detectives.
  • I also see what I call regular weirdness like aggressive begging, people going through bins, obvious slave labour at car washes, etc.

Maybe being in London I see more strangeness but wondered what you lot see.

fo

15 minutes ago, Miss S said:

I see weird things at least once a week when I think WTF?  I'm not talking about stuff in the papers or internet, just stuff you see when going about your daily routine.

For example:

• A few months ago on the bus going through south London, a woman got on carrying at least six packs of those 24 piece toilet rolls.  She could barely get through the doors and then was blocking the whole area from the driver to the doors.  Who does that?
  • Mentioned on another thread, at the station a morbidly obese woman wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with 'Living the Dream'.
  • Three months ago on a slip road to the M20 at 8am on a Sunday morning a skinny bloke hitching wearing a bra, micro mini skirt and Pippi Longstocking socks with full over the top make up and a beehive wig.  Who the hell would stop for him?
  • Last weekend looking out my window I see a car mount the pavement and disappear into shopfront.  Luckily nobody hurt and driver (aged about 90) helped out of the wreckage.
  • Today in M&S a bloke (70ish, not someone you'd want to talk to in a pub look about him) openly filling an Aldi, launderette-style bag with champagne (at least 8 bottles) and walking out the store.  Not seen by store detectives.
  • I also see what I call regular weirdness like aggressive begging, people going through bins, obvious slave labour at car washes, etc.

fo

Bloody hell, I must go round with my eyes shut. I will be more observant and report back. 

Mind, I do use the 1000 yard stare when out and about in londonistan. It’s the only way to survive 

16 minutes ago, Miss S said:

For example:

• Mentioned on another thread, at the station a morbidly obese woman wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with 'Living the Dream'.i beat anorexia :D

fo

That`s better 

20 minutes ago, Miss S said:

For example:

fo

Most of these were not 'Seen Today'.  I'm barring you from this thread for being OT.

23 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Most of these were not 'Seen Today'.  I'm barring you from this thread for being OT.

Yeah, but if you put them in separate threads weekly or daily it takes up too much space.  I thought one thread for reporting the events as they happen would be better.

You pedantic fucker!

Just now, eight said:

I did something yesterday that might fit in here. The bloke behind me in Lidl started emptying his basket onto the conveyor before I had finished emptying my rather full trolley - so I started chucking my shopping at his in an attempt to knock it off the end. No doubt I would come across as quite unhinged to an impartial observer, but I felt it was a proportionate response.

Quite right, although I think the whole checkout experience at Lidl is a battle. I like to try to pack my stuff quicker than the checkout operative can scan it, usually ends up with a bag full of stuff  I need to re-pack when I get to the car though.

There is some fecking Radio 1 show this weekend - again tomorrow - in my local park aroudn 2 miles away. My house has been thud, thud, thudding all day with noise despite loads of houses being in between. The noise is actually bouncing off a house further away and rebounding into mine.

I can't call it music. Clearly my bank holida weekend means nothing and must be miserable so that some teenagers can churn up my lovely nearby park. I hope it fecking pisses down on Sunday.

Anyhow, I digress.

I went out earlier and cycled past this event. The WTF I saw was countless good looking young lads in their teens and 20's walking along with their girlfriends - most of the girlfriends were enormous tubs of lard. You could see that they would be pretty if they lost several stone. WTF are they going to like at 30, 40 and 50 if they are so over-weight now.

I saw two 16 year old lads - nice guys - who didn't have tickets for the event. So I red-pilled them. I hope, many decades from now, they will be thinking of me and thanking me.

I was there, loads of the land whales inside, even the slim ones were in shorts that they most definitely shouldn’t be and their thighs were like cottage cheese all lumpy and pale🤮and twerking, what the hell is that al about, I have no idea what happened, does nobody tell these kids to turn around and put some proper clothes on.

12 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

There is some fecking Radio 1 show this weekend - again tomorrow - in my local park aroudn 2 miles away. My house has been thud, thud, thudding all day with noise despite loads of houses being in between. The noise is actually bouncing off a house further away and rebounding into mine.

I can't call it music. Clearly my bank holida weekend means nothing and must be miserable so that some teenagers can churn up my lovely nearby park. I hope it fecking pisses down on Sunday.

Anyhow, I digress.

I went out earlier and cycled past this event. The WTF I saw was countless good looking young lads in their teens and 20's walking along with their girlfriends - most of the girlfriends were enormous tubs of lard. You could see that they would be pretty if they lost several stone. WTF are they going to like at 30, 40 and 50 if they are so over-weight now.

I saw two 16 year old lads - nice guys - who didn't have tickets for the event. So I red-pilled them. I hope, many decades from now, they will be thinking of me and thanking me.

I think it's pretty sad that being that young they are storing up so many health problems. 

I was in Lidl the other day to stock up on cartons of milk, I forgot to take a bloody pound for the trolley so had to use a basket.

After waiting half an hour in the queue, I finally got close enough to the conveyor to start unloading some of the leaden weight of the basket when some nutter started chucking their shopping at me.

7 minutes ago, Kilham said:

I was in Lidl the other day to stock up on cartons of milk, I forgot to take a bloody pound for the trolley so had to use a basket.

After waiting half an hour in the queue, I finally got close enough to the conveyor to start unloading some of the leaden weight of the basket when some nutter started chucking their shopping at me.

Hope there were no tins involved. Not a nice experience - glad that you survived.

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

Which is an excellent word in scrabble. As is quoin if we are talking masonry.

My nerighbour is one of the senior masons - he regulalry goes to meetings but I've never once seen him do any bricklaying.

Was in Hull today for the first time in several months. City of Culture has gone and been replaced with homelessness, hijabs, Roma and chavs. The rate of transformation makes me wonder what London looks like now 3 years after leaving. 

I was there for culture so saw a pretty disappointing exhibition of children's memorabilia (including a few Clangers and Bagpuss) and then an exhibit on Shackleton's Endeavour expedition (which has strong links with Hull and helped plug some gaps in my knowledge). 

Back on topic, there was an Oktoberfest drinking festival going on (what does "Oktober" mean daddy? - ok, even in Munich it's in September) with crap like the Macarena pounding out around the streets. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Miss S said:

For example:

Are you sure they were toilet rolls? Lidl sometimes do half price 4-packs of kitchen roll as their weekend offer, I like to stock up on them myself. If the bus was in Catford, we might have seen the same woman, crossing the road with about 20 packs of them!

One of the people going through bins might have been me, as well. I'm obsessed with playing the McDonalds Monopoly game as I'm convinced that one day I'll win a car or a hundred grand. I sometimes rootle through litter bins looking for packaging with stickers on that people haven't bothered to peel off. Many years ago when I was long on time and short on money I was a regular shop bin raider, but most bins are locked away now, I suspect due to eastern euro types not bothering to tidy up after themselves and making a massive mess :( .

Edited by Rave

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

They come in extra large. That is criminal

Extra large in their sizes is only a 33 inch waist - hardly land whale territory. 

Edited by This Time

Yesterday's flash rain saw some small motor boats take to the roads - one of which I nearly ran into. Actually as is common the wheel had fallen off because reversing them into water to launch kills the bearings if you don't regularly repack them with grease. Presumably the owner had gone to get another to attempt to effect some sort of roadside repair or something as there was no sign of the tow vehicle.

504273546_Boatinroad.thumb.jpg.d6f9a01ac3b574e329bf1f8f5a769f6a.jpg

8 hours ago, Dipsy said:

These are criminal at £75.

image.jpeg

Wonder if they've ever considered that Macc Lad's track for a commercial? - probably not.