• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Northern Ireland abortion laws

Ever since the Irish Republic result the So-Called BBC has been leading with, effectively, Northern Ireland next.

It isn't reporting the news it is cheerleading it and getting in some sideswipes at Treason May and her alliance with the DUP being the only thing that is stopping this "clearly inevitable" change.

As it happens I'm in favour of the reform but as I don't live in NI then it has nothing to do with me; shame that the England-based BBC can't take the same view but want to make the news.

You would have thought they'd have learned their lesson on making the news stories with their Cliff Richard debacle.

(I know this could have gone under the So-Called BBC arseholes thread but as we don't have anything on the abortion vote I thought that justified a new one)

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Ever since the Irish Republic result the So-Called BBC has been leading with, effectively, Northern Ireland next.

It isn't reporting the news it is cheerleading it and getting in some sideswipes at Treason May and her alliance with the DUP being the only thing that is stopping this "clearly inevitable" change.

As it happens I'm in favour of the reform but as I don't live in NI then it has nothing to do with me; shame that the England-based BBC can't take the same view but want to make the news.

You would have thought they'd have learned their lesson on making the news stories with their Cliff Richard debacle.

(I know this could have gone under the So-Called BBC arseholes thread but as we don't have anything on the abortion vote I thought that justified a new one)

The irony that the DUP and the Catholic church are on the same page on this matter is probably lost on the So-Called BBC.

Posted (edited)

The So-Called BBC and Guardian have been creaming their collective knickers since the Irish vote......

"YAY loads more babies to be killed!!!!!!"

Satanic fuckers.>:(

Edited by JackieO

Half seven news leads with: "Pressure is intensifying" as the Labour party is now supporting it.

So they weren't supporting it at seven but in the half hour to the next news they are now supporting it so the news can lead with "pressure is intensifying".

This is an incredibly unsubtle propaganda campaign.

Just now, JackieO said:

I was saying to JFK just yesterday just why are we paying the license?

To fund propaganda with which you don't agree.

I'm afraid I have forgotten which other UK-based posters refuse to fund the So-Called BBC but I think there were four of us.

Women grinning ear to ear because they'll be able to kill babies easier.

YAY! tinder, snapchat, std's,  office politics, abortions, binge drinking, anti depressants, fertility treatment! A far better life than being an oppressed housewife.

(I support abortion rights but don't like the way lefties talk about it, many treating it as a rite of passage)

1 minute ago, Mr Fabulous said:

I've not had a TV Licence for 3 years. We use Kodi, Showbox etc. on a firestick and just mainly watch films & shows. No adverts, no propaganda & we watch what we want, when we want. 

Broadcast TV is shit. The comedy is no longer funny and too PC, Pointless game shows & Soap operas. Worst of all is the 'News' (especially the so called BBC)  and all those wanky 'have I got news for you' type programs. I can't even be arsed to listen to BBC radio nowdays c'os they push the same Nonsense. 

Well done!

There is still some decent stuff on the radio but you need to be selective.  Forget Today, PM, Any Questions etc. but documentaries and science shows can be good.

My particular favourite is More or Less where listeners write in with statistics used in the news asking them to analyse them because they seem implausible; and they usually are.

It's presented by Tim Harford, a proper journalist (i.e. non-BBC, writes in the FT I think) with a couple of excellent assistants.

It's very much run on a shoestring but appears to be a labour of love for those working on it as the best programmes are.

R4, Friday 4.30pm. I usually leave work early to listen to it on the way home.

I always thought it cruel that abortion wasn't allowed in the case of rape but beyond that I think it an issue for women to decide; collectively rather than individually.  So I wouldn't have voted at all. 

36 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm afraid I have forgotten which other UK-based posters refuse to fund the So-Called BBC but I think there were four of us.

I'm sure there's more than four of us.

Just now, JackieO said:

Good post.

I find these grinning women sickening.

We have any number of contraceptives and the the morning after pill, yet 100's of thousands of healthy babies are killed each year. Go figure.

I'm not anti but not pro either.

Ending a pregnancy is serious shit and shouldn't be used as a lifestyle choice IMO.

But ho hum maybe I'm too old fashioned and believe in things like taking fucking responsibility...

They're letting on it's all about cases of rape and severe disability;  when in actual fact in the vast, vast majority of cases it'll be used as a form of contraception.

Std rates will continue to rise as a result.

(I don't have a TV licence either)

28 minutes ago, Mr Fabulous said:

I've not had a TV Licence for 3 years. We use Kodi, Showbox etc. on a firestick and just mainly watch films & shows. No adverts, no propaganda & we watch what we want, when we want. 

Broadcast TV is shit. The comedy is no longer funny and too PC, Pointless game shows & Soap operas. Worst of all is the 'News' (especially the so called BBC)  and all those wanky 'have I got news for you' type programs. I can't even be arsed to listen to BBC radio nowdays c'os they push the same Nonsense. 

I think we kept it for CBeebies and CBBC for baby.

But baby's 11 soon and doesn't watch the So-Called BBC anymore. Time to get rid methinks. :)

47 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I don't pay it, or watch telly.

I'm surprised anyone on here does pay it.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, JackieO said:

I think we kept it for CBeebies and CBBC for baby.

But baby's 11 soon and doesn't watch the So-Called BBC anymore. Time to get rid methinks. :)

You can still watch Cbeebies (haven't checked CBBC) without logging in. There's a thread about that on here,will try to find...

Yeah, here :

Edited by Carl Fimble
adding the link

3 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

You can still watch Cbeebies (haven't checked CBBC) without logging in. There's a thread about that on here,will try to find...

It's fine she's 11 soon and now has an iphone 6 that she's far more interested in ;)

2 minutes ago, JackieO said:

It's fine she's 11 soon and now has an iphone 6 that she's far more interested in ;)

Just get rid of the licence then, You and JFK can still watch Hey Duggee without logging in.

On the subject of abortion, I'm slightly closer to the centre than Jacob Reese Mogg, not much though. There's no way it should just be an alternative to taking precautions.

34 minutes ago, JackieO said:

We have any number of contraceptives and the the morning after pill, yet 100's of thousands of healthy babies are killed each year. Go figure.

I'm not anti but not pro either.

Ending a pregnancy is serious shit and shouldn't be used as a lifestyle choice IMO.

The moral question gives me difficulty. 

My liberal opinion is that it is up to the woman who has conceived to decide whether to abort the foetus. I don't think nature is bothered at all. There are many pregnancies that abort spontaneously, that is why nature is profligate with female eggs and male seeds. 

However I listened to Jacob Rees-Mogg giving his opinion on abortion. His view is that abortion is wrong because you are harming an embyronic person. 

I understand his point of view and admire him for his strong moral principles, but on balance I stand by my opinion that it is for the pregnant woman to decide.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Im sure Id class is as propaganda - itsnot really coming from the government.

Rather its the dumb self-interest/concerns of this weird clique who work atthe BBC.

Just a collection of state sponsored middle class jounros, whove evolved to think that stuff like high house prices, high immigration are 'right'

Up to the 70s, the So-Called BBC was probably representative of the UK as a whole - middle classy dominated topics. Channels and hours were lmited so youd get an hour of kids progs, an hours of afternoon drama, school kids progs, news, some feature prog and goodnight at 11.

As the need to fill up the hours and channels, the enterprise has vastly expanded and, sometime during this programme, the BCB has drifted from pitching to their base to pitching their own self interest - just look at how Glastonbury dominate - loads of middle road anmd middle class acts, summer jolly for 100s of BBC people.

And all the while, people are stopping watching the So-Called BBC.

The viewing figures for BBC by people who pay the license must be dreadful.

I doubt Ill watch more than 2h of BBC output a week. And that tends to be stuff like the trains on BBC4/BBC2.

After trying over several years, I stopped attemping BBC drama 4 years ago.

I dont watch the news - its shit.

News + drama are meant to be the So-Called BBC flagship - they spend 100s million on it. And its shit.

14 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Just get rid of the licence then, You and JFK can still watch Hey Duggee without logging in.

On the subject of abortion, I'm slightly closer to the centre than Jacob Reese Mogg, not much though. There's no way it should just be an alternative to taking precautions.

I'll get him on it when he stops snoring :P

15 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Im sure Id class is as propaganda - itsnot really coming from the government. 

Rather its the dumb self-interest/concerns of this weird clique who work atthe BBC.

Just a collection of state sponsored middle class jounros, whove evolved to think that stuff like high house prices, high immigration are 'right'

Up to the 70s, the So-Called BBC was probably representative of the UK as a whole - middle classy dominated topics. Channels and hours were lmited so youd get an hour of kids progs, an hours of afternoon drama, school kids progs, news, some feature prog and goodnight at 11.

As the need to fill up the hours and channels, the enterprise has vastly expanded and, sometime during this programme, the BCB has drifted from pitching to their base to pitching their own self interest - just look at how Glastonbury dominate - loads of middle road anmd middle class acts, summer jolly for 100s of BBC people.

And all the while, people are stopping watching the So-Called BBC.

The viewing figures for BBC by people who pay the license must be dreadful.

I doubt Ill watch more than 2h of BBC output a week. And that tends to be stuff like the trains on BBC4/BBC2.

After trying over several years, I stopped attemping BBC drama 4 years ago.

I dont watch the news - its shit.

News + drama are meant to be the So-Called BBC flagship - they spend 100s million on it. And its shit.

The first line should read

'Im *NOT* sure Id class is as propaganda - itsnot really coming from the government. '

Im just going thru the last weeks radio, to rip and listen to - I do listen to out progs from the radio. But I download them and listen to them whilst Im working.

This weeks Rambling (which I dont like) which features Beeb omnilesbo Claire Balding.

'Today Clare is walking in Surrey with a group of asylum seekers who are former detainees of the Gatwick Immigration Removal Centres. Alongside them are volunteers from "Refugee Tales" which is a project run by the Gatwick Detainees Welfare Group; it involves monthly walks as well as an annual event which combines walking and storytelling. The idea, they say, is to "reclaim the landscape for the language of welcome". Over 50% of those held in Immigration Removal Centres are released back into the UK community though their cases may be unresolved, their living conditions precarious, and their future uncertain. These walks give the former detainees a chance to meet up with their friends, enjoy the countryside and - for just a few hours - forget their challenging and unknown future.

Today the group is in Reigate. The group will walk from the station to the top of Reigate Hill, then along the North Downs ridge where there are views towards Gatwick and the detention centres. They then work their way back along the Pilgrim's Way, and return to the station..'

Right. These are fucking economic migrants. They can fuck off to a country adjacent to the one they came from.

2 hours ago, JackieO said:

The So-Called BBC and Guardian have been creaming their collective knickers since the Irish vote......

"YAY loads more WHITE babies to be killed!!!!!!"

Satanic fuckers.>:(

Corrected that for you.

It is a devolved issue.  Why pick on NI?  Why no go on about Poland, or the Vatican City?  

It is astonishing, really.  We're living in a world where democracy has disappeared under the steamroller of rule-by-opinion.

[what is even more astonishing, is when democracy and rule-by-opinion meet we call it 'populist' and it is still a bad thing to those vocal idealists in the minority]