• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko2010

Tommy Robinson thread

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've been impressed by Gerard every time I've seen him.  I had given on UKIP but I will now be voting for him again.

Matliss has this hectoring and bullying style of questioning that they all seem to have learned from John Humphries.  But Humphries didn't used to be like that; he just became it as he got older and arrogant.  They are imitating a man in his bad-tempered dotage rather than in his prime.

Agree with that, he stays calm, refutes the agenda they're pushing and he brought the interview round to Brexit as a more important issue. Although for me the pressing issue is the curtailment of free speech. Brexit is, I think, a result of the disquiet swelling around the feeling that our politicians and authorities are not working in the best interests of the general population and trying to stop us talking about the issues.

I thought Matliss and the like were trying to emulate Paxman with his hectoring and bullying interview style. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Agree with that, he stays calm, refutes the agenda they're pushing and he brought the interview round to Brexit as a more important issue. Although for me the pressing issue is the curtailment of free speech. Brexit is, I think, a result of the disquiet swelling around the feeling that our politicians and authorities are not working in the best interests of the general population and trying to stop us talking about the issues.

I thought Matliss and the like were trying to emulate Paxman with his hectoring and bullying interview style. 

I agree with that but compared to the words you've used I think it's at least at an order of magnitude more.  It is difficult to find words to describe the blatant level of betrayal.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

But Paxman had the intellect to know when he was possibly wrong.  Watch his very moving interview with Christopher Hitchens as he was dying.  Matliss and the others could never achieve this level of achievement.  I recommend you have the handkerchiefs ready when you watch it.

Amazing interview. And I see that, ahead of his time, Hitchens identied Islamo-Nazism as being the greatest threat to the Western world at that point.

Wonderful interview. Something that seems to be so rare nowadays.

There did seem to be a deep mutual respect which, I think, makes it seem like you're watching a private discussion.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, onlyme said:

Batten is very underestimated - he's opening the party up from being a single issue one to being generally an anti-establishment vote, on the basis that the establish refuse to enact policies and even carry through promised policies. Not sure Nige should come back as leader tbh.

I think he`s looking to re brand the party as a working class party ,it`s clear the largest part of society has no one to represent them or speak of their concerns ,traditionally Labour were the party that did that job ,IMO it wont take much to convince people that Labour want to play on both sides of the fence whilst refusing to get off the fecking thing ,if UKIP can pull that off they will be a force to be reckoned with  

Edited by Long time lurking

I think it's a strategic error for Batten to refer to Islam as a "cult", however much he feels that to be the fairest description. It's just too alienating to most people, I think - most people in the West have been brought up with the idea of "The Three Great Monotheistic Religions" - it's just too much of a breach in most peoples' reality...

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, DocH said:

I think it's a strategic error for Batten to refer to Islam as a "cult", however much he feels that to be the fairest description. It's just too alienating to most people, I think - most people in the West have been brought up with the idea of "The Three Great Monotheistic Religions" - it's just too much of a breach in most peoples' reality...

Islam has been rebranding itself lately. It's not the far off, blue tiles and a cool breeze thing that it was in the 60s and 70s

Edited by Panther

32 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I think he`s looking to re brand the party as a working class party ,it`s clear the largest part of society has no one to represent them or speak of their concerns ,traditionally Labour were the party that did that job ,IMO it wont take much to convince people that Labour want to play on both sides of the fence whilst refusing to get off the fecking thing ,if UKIP can pull that off they will be a force to be reckoned with  

The Labour Party was born out of working class struggle. Oh how they have changed. My granddad would be completely disgusted in what they have become. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, One percent said:

The Labour Party was born out of working class struggle. Oh how they have changed. My granddad would be completely disgusted in what they have become. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again: filthy Labourite shitheads

Edited by Panther

36 minutes ago, DocH said:

We'll see but I think he's right in trying to introduce a possible new perception of it as the people who are supposed to protect the public are just appeasing - even if it takes some time for peaceful people to get used to it.  If it fits the definition of a cult then it's a cult and it does seem to fit that definition. 

Just now, twocents said:

We'll see but I think he's right in trying to introduce a possible new perception of it as the people who are supposed to protect the public are just appeasing - even if it takes some time for peaceful people to get used to it.  If it fits the definition of a cult then it's a cult and it does seem to fit that definition. 

You could be right- he may be bring to bring about a change in perception about it, so people don't automatically defer to it. I expect a lot of pushback from Imams etc if this happens, but it would certainly, IMHO, be a very good thing.

Personally, I would like to see Islam treated in the same was as say Scientology is treated - tolerated, but no special concessions made, and a general attitude of "Well I suppose we have to tolerate this even though it's daft" prevailing towards it. No concessions at all to dietary "requirements" or mutilation of infants - how would the state react if Scientologists said their children could only eat food prepared with goats milk, for example, and that the state therefore had to provide it?!

9 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5975185/Top-teacher-St-Pauls-charged-trying-meet-13-year-old-girl-sex.html

This man has not yet been found guilty, court proceedings still ongoing.

How is it that the MSM can report this case, but TR is imprisoned for reporting on something very similar?

Even photographs of the alleged offender. 

It's clearly one rule for one and another rule for another with Mr Robinson's notorious case being an apparent abuse of the justice system and maybe even illegal - it's so disgracefully unjust with a totally out of kilter justice system determined to persecute straightforward people (people like Mr Robinson) who are trying to fight the abusers of British children.

Just now, Long time lurking said:

Well cults don`t let members leave ........ unlike just about every other religion where it`s not a problem to do so 

Yes, well put - perhaps Gerard can weave that into his comments if/when his use of the word "cult" is challenged.

21 hours ago, DocH said:

You could be right- he may be bring to bring about a change in perception about it, so people don't automatically defer to it. I expect a lot of pushback from Imams etc if this happens, but it would certainly, IMHO, be a very good thing.

Personally, I would like to see Islam treated in the same was as say Scientology is treated - tolerated, but no special concessions made, and a general attitude of "Well I suppose we have to tolerate this even though it's daft" prevailing towards it. No concessions at all to dietary "requirements" or mutilation of infants - how would the state react if Scientologists said their children could only eat food prepared with goats milk, for example, and that the state therefore had to provide it?!

This is how every lifestyle choice should be treated. You are free to do whatever you like. 

Until it starts impinging on the rights of others. If it does, you will be shown no mercy or given no quarter. 

1 minute ago, DocH said:

Yes, well put - perhaps Gerard can weave that into his comments if/when his use of the word "cult" is challenged.

I think he`s a very smart cookie ,his reply to the the TR is no Nelson Mandela  quip in the video up thread was genius if you as me Gerards reply went something like "no he certainly ain`t Nelson Mandela was jailed for terrorism offences and plotting to kill people" , the face on the silly bint was priceless 

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I think he`s a very smart cookie ,his reply to the the TR is no Nelson Mandela  quip in the video up thread was genius if you as me Gerards reply went something like "no he certainly ain`t Nelson Mandela was jailed for terrorism offences and plotting to kill people" , the face on the silly bint was priceless 

I agree, it left Maitless looking a bit stupid. In Maitless' world view Mandela is a hero, and she's forgotten what he did earlier in his career because she has such simplistic thought processes ["Mandela ended his life as a hero therefore he must always have been a hero" kind of thing]. All she could do was mumble something about Mandela being about apartheid and TR being about contempt of court.

I agree, Gerald had a good reply - probably had it ready in the event of the comparison being challenged. Edited: Well, that was really THE POINT of the comparison: some people start their careers as outsiders, criminals or whatever, and are later recognised as heroic. Can't KNOW that TR is of that ilk, but it's possible.

Edited by DocH

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

Well cults don`t let members leave ........ unlike just about every other religion where it`s not a problem to do so 

Didn't one cult encourage it's members to suicide so that they could get on a friendly alien spaceship in outer space  and go somewhere better.

I don't know about virgins on the space ship and they didn't seem to want to kill non members but there are similarities.

Edited by twocents

16 minutes ago, DocH said:

I agree, it left Maitless looking a bit stupid. In Maitless' world view Mandela is a hero, and she's forgotten what he did earlier in his career because she has such simplistic thought processes ["Mandela ended his life as a hero therefore he must always have been a hero" kind of thing]. All she could do was mumble something about Mandela being about apartheid and TR being about contempt of court.

I agree, Gerald had a good reply - probably had it ready in the event of the comparison being challenged. Edited: Well, that was really THE POINT of the comparison: some people start their careers as outsiders, criminals or whatever, and are later recognised as heroic. Can't KNOW that TR is of that ilk, but it's possible.

One trick i think he has missed for sure is to ask (after a bit of research to find out the numbers) how much public money is given to Islamic charities and how much of that money is awarded to charities that are helping people who want to escape Islam, it`s the ideal way of paving the way/justifying  his cult analogy