• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Tommy Robinson thread

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

Agree, the subsidies are to make uneconomic production viable . They are there to create a level playing field across Europe, to help 'backward countries'. It's the same as the incentivisation of our companies to relocate to the EE countries, the same reason that EU science framework programme propsals have to includes scientists from a range of countries even if they're unsuitable.

The EU has Fucked the UK

I have always viewed it the opposite way around ,as in the backward countries tend to produce cheaper food see Africa,

It all boils down to labour/land cost in the end 

Just now, Long time lurking said:

I have always viewed it the opposite way around ,as in the backward countries tend to produce cheaper food see Africa,

It all boils down to labour/land cost in the end 

They produce cheaper food, but they do not produce food on the scale required.

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

Pretty much, I'd also said

"My jeans aren't torn and only cost £15, why would you pay money for torn clothes?"

I just got a 'sniff'

xD you were lucky it wasn’t a roll eyes. Must still have a bit of respect for you. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

xD you were lucky it wasn’t a roll eyes. Must still have a bit of respect for you. 

I do OK. I had just got their nearly 5 year old sister to pull the guts out of a pheasant.

Edited by Hopeful

2 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

They produce cheaper food, but they do not produce food on the scale required.

They used to until the EU tariffed them out of the game ,coupled with most of the countries pushing the self destruct button when they gained Independence but that`s a whole new thread 

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

They used to until the EU tariffed them out of the game ,coupled with most of the countries pushing the self destruct button when they gained Independence but that`s a whole new thread 

i wasn't thinking Africa (agree there), I was thinking EU countries,  and there, it's all been about mainland Europe

Edited by Hopeful

55 minutes ago, billfunk said:

British supermarkets are shite in terms of quality, range, presentation, everything. 

Compare to a premium US supermarket. I dream of shopping in a place like this. It makes me feel I am not living in an advanced developed society circa 2019. I give you, Harris-Teeter:

Supermarket food is way more expensive in the US than in the UK. It's weird, California is one of the biggest good producing economies in the world but the produce in the shops is eye-wateringly expensive. I have no idea why this is so.

In 'n Out burger is cheap though.

He looked like the cat who had got the cream. Back in the game Tommy 👍

He said that the establishment can do its worse but the documentary is going out. Already made and copies in Israel, America and Australia. xD 👍

rock on Tommy. 

For those who want the link to his new website 

https://www.globalaim.co.uk/

looks like it is down at the moment 

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Adding to this, if farmers sold their produce through local networks of abattoirs, local butchers etc, then there wouldn’t be the on-costs of the infrastructure that supermarkets need, back office, massive stores, shipping round the country, distribution hubs etc..  

Supermarkets took hold of the grocery market because consumers chose the convenience of going to one shop to buy the products they needed rather than going to the butcher, the baker, the grocer, the fishmonger. Plus supermarkets had extended opening hours not 9 to 5 when everyone was at work. They reacted to consumer preference they didn't force the consumer to use them. It was a more efficient business model that made the small independent retailer uneconomic.

I remember mum struggling back from the shops laden with the daily groceries. She chose to go to work, no one forced her. The extra money helped the family finances despite my father being annoyed that she went out to work. He took it as a slight that she went to work, he thought it demeaned him in every ones eyes. He took it that she was implicitly telling everyone that he was unable to support his family. 

We lived in a council house, there was no pressure for mum to work to pay a mortgage. The average price of a house may have only been 3 times the average wage, it could even have been less I haven't looked up the statistics, but few people could afford to buy or save a deposit. Home ownership was only for the well to do. 

1 minute ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Supermarkets took hold of the grocery market because consumers chose the convenience of going to one shop to buy the products they needed rather than going to the butcher, the baker, the grocer, the fishmonger. Plus supermarkets had extended opening hours not 9 to 5 when everyone was at work. They reacted to consumer preference they didn't force the consumer to use them. It was a more efficient business model that made the small independent retailer uneconomic.

I remember mum struggling back from the shops laden with the daily groceries. She chose to go to work, no one forced her. The extra money helped the family finances despite my father being annoyed that she went out to work. He took it as a slight that she went to work, he thought it demeaned him in every ones eyes. He took it that she was implicitly telling everyone that he was unable to support his family. 

We lived in a council house, there was no pressure for mum to work to pay a mortgage. The average price of a house may have only been 3 times the average wage, it could even have been less I haven't looked up the statistics, but few people could afford to buy or save a deposit. Home ownership was only for the well to do. 

This for me is the key. I’m guilty of using the supermarket. Do I want to drive round and round, looking for a parking space where I can only park for half an hour, or pay to use a town centre car park?  Or, do I want to drive to the supermarket and park almost at the door for free?  

3 hours ago, Hopeful said:

It's about keeping ignorant people happy with cheap food so they can afford that pair of designer jeans they see Britney Spears wearing, as i said to a young girl yesterday:

"how old are those jeans"

"Oh they're new" (which I knew)

"But they're all torn"

"Oh that's fashion"

"But they look like you got them out of the bin"

Chinese cast offs sold at top price to the British ;) 

They even sell jackets with designer distressed holes in the outside pockets so that anything small falls out of the pockets.

2 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

I think he`s going to be spending a lot of time in court in the future :D 

Live link https://en-gb.facebook.com/thetommyrobinson/videos/148516959390021/

It's win win for Tommy.

You never hear the expression "cheaters never prosper" these days because it's self evident that it's not true for those running modern Britain but just for once it looks like it's going to be so apt for the So-Called BBC and their pals.

Edited by twocents

3 hours ago, DocH said:

Video "The Real Tommy Robinson"

I've watched about half. Incredibly good so far.

I've just finished watching it. It has been very well produced and counters the propaganda presented by the media against him. The big problem that Stephen faces is how to get his story told to the wider public. 

I'll certainly let as many people as I speak to know about it. 

The fight against government treachery and media lies is being ratcheted up. 

18 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Supermarket food is way more expensive in the US than in the UK. It's weird, California is one of the biggest good producing economies in the world but the produce in the shops is eye-wateringly expensive. I have no idea why this is so.

In 'n Out burger is cheap though.

Part of this is the additional overheads required due to the US social and political systems.  For example, stores need proper security, often armed, if in any but the calmest neighbourhoods.  Legal coverage and insurance can be eye watering for any shop that interacts with the great unwashed.

On 09/02/2019 at 20:21, OurDayWillCome said:

Photo of BBC executives after Tommy showed them undercover footage of their lies:

164D4C8A-E806-4358-991A-8AF48F39E8A8.jpeg.c8dd7f3687b9d97baa8af9fd78fbb59b.jpeg

His face is barely visible - it could even be the Chairman 

On 10/02/2019 at 11:39, goldbug9999 said:

Thats true but they are just reaping what they sew, let them experience being on the receiving end of being quotes with no/limited context.

Exactly - they might even claim it was a joke but is that a defence in 2019.  BBC might benefit from some advice from Count Dankula.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, twocents said:

His face is barely visible

G N.

BBC Panorama doesn't appear to be on next Monday, showing FA Cup 5th Round Man U vs Chelsea. 

13 hours ago, DocH said:

Episodes 1, 2 & 3 are now on Youtube.

15 hours ago, DocH said:

Yes - a lot of the things in the three new video episodes are already known about mainly through Tommy Robinson, his colleagues and other like minded people's efforts but in a fragmented way over time.  Putting it all together crystallises it all and starkly reveals it in its utterly utterly shocking entirety. 

Tommy Robinson himself shines through with integrity, decency, honesty and straightforwardness.

The videos are excellent in themselves but are also good preparation for the imminent revelations about the So-Called BBC and all that organisation's fakery.

Edited by twocents