• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Tommy Robinson thread

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Stunley Andwin said:

I have no evidence of this and it is just a wild suggestion. If the Panodrama event actually was a sting set up months in advance by appearing to fake a feud between Tommy and his camera operator/supporter Lucy Brown in the middle of 2018.

Do we remember the "Soldier X" campaign from October 2018? Is it 100% impossible that this was Tommy looking to get support from the army in preparation for something much, much larger? Is this why the government are now desperately trying to imprison him 1 week before The Traitor Class deliberately fuck up Brexit?

Edit: And has anyone noticed that because The Traitor Class of politicians are now justifiably universally hated, that the word "lawmakers" is now being used more frequently? Keep a look out for "lawmakers".

I'll just comment on the EDIT part

Politicians were hated by the public after BSE (Norman Fowler etc) when it emerged there was in effect a regulatory failure of commercial activity (companies involved in animal nutrition) in the food production sector - it was never a 'science' issue. Politicians realised their vulnerability to public anger and from then on advisory scientific quangos became much more popular.  Politicians favourite expression for their policies became "we are/were acting on the best scientific advice"; in otherwords they had a neat trick to scapegoat scientists. IMO this set the rot for the mistrust of science by the public. Science was co-opted to excuse policy. Any thinking scientist should despise politicians for that.

Lawmakers are the next scapegoat.

Bankers never will be scapegoated, because you wouldn't want the worm to turn.

Edited by Hopeful

5 hours ago, Stunley Andwin said:

I have no evidence of this and it is just a wild suggestion. If the Panodrama event actually was a sting set up months in advance by appearing to fake a feud between Tommy and his camera operator/supporter Lucy Brown in the middle of 2018.

Do we remember the "Soldier X" campaign from October 2018? Is it 100% impossible that this was Tommy looking to get support from the army in preparation for something much, much larger? Is this why the government are now desperately trying to imprison him 1 week before The Traitor Class deliberately fuck up Brexit?

Edit: And has anyone noticed that because The Traitor Class of politicians are now justifiably universally hated, that the word "lawmakers" is now being used more frequently? Keep a look out for "lawmakers".

Fuck, I thought my paranoia and conspiraloon plumbed new depths. :o

51 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I'll just comment on the EDIT part

Politicians were hated by the public after BSE (Norman Fowler etc) when it emerged there was in effect a regulatory failure of commercial activity (companies involved in animal nutrition) in the food production sector - it was never a 'science' issue. Politicians realied their vulnerability to public anger and from then on advisory scientific quangos became much more popular.  Politicians favourite expression for their policies became "we are/were acting on the best scientific advice"; in otherwords they had a neat trick to scapegoat scientists. IMO this set the rot for the mistrust of science by the public. Science was co-opted to excuse policy. Any thinking scientist should despise politicians for that.

Lawmkers are the next scapegoat.

Bankers never will be scapegoated, because you wouldn't want the worm to turn.

Its a funny one. I think you are right in that politicians have generally sought to direct blame to anywhere but themselves.

Thats, a least on a practical, non-ideological level, why they love the EU so much. They clearly have no desire to control immigration, but in the past have been able to get away with saying 'we really want to reduce immigration, but as we must have open borders in the EU, our hands are tied' 

Then they are shocked people call their bluff. And now we're leaving the EU, what was true all along is exposed, They never wanted to control immigration in the first place. 

Same with the Bank of England independence. You say banksters will never be scapegoated, and i am amazed, given the BoEs frankly atrocious record (since gaining independence, wages have suffered their longest period of stagnation on record, we've had not one, but two of the biggest stock market boom/bust cycles on record, two horrible house price bubbles, one massive popping, another to come along soon) how they barely receive criticism. Fact is, the BoE seemed to do a better job when it wasnt 'independent'. 

However, politicians. Of course, the BoE is not really independent. Its targets are set by government. The data (namely inflation) it must use to achieve that target are created by government (remember browns constant adding/removing of things to get the 'correct' inflation' figure) and the larger balance of MPC members are appointed by the chancellor. Its just now the politicians feel more emboldened to pursue ever more fundamentalist neo-lib policies

Another one is the slicing up of Britain into regions, mayoral offices and so forth. When asked if they want Mayors, most regions reject them. They have them foisted on them anyway, and turnout is typically dire. But failure gets put on the mayor rather than the party as a whole. I'm no fan of Sadiq Khan, but blame for Londons crime problem can hardly fall on him alone. He's not the one who flung open the borders (even if he certainly agrees with that position)

5 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Its a funny one. I think you are right in that politicians have generally sought to direct blame to anywhere but themselves.

Thats, a least on a practical, non-ideological level, why they love the EU so much. They clearly have no desire to control immigration, but in the past have been able to get away with saying 'we really want to reduce immigration, but as we must have open borders in the EU, our hands are tied' 

Then they are shocked people call their bluff. And now we're leaving the EU, what was true all along is exposed, They never wanted to control immigration in the first place. 

Same with the Bank of England independence. You say banksters will never be scapegoated, and i am amazed, given the BoEs frankly atrocious record (since gaining independence, wages have suffered their longest period of stagnation on record, we've had not one, but two of the biggest stock market boom/bust cycles on record, two horrible house price bubbles, one massive popping, another to come along soon) how they barely receive criticism. Fact is, the BoE seemed to do a better job when it wasnt 'independent'. 

However, politicians. Of course, the BoE is not really independent. Its targets are set by government. The data (namely inflation) it must use to achieve that target are created by government (remember browns constant adding/removing of things to get the 'correct' inflation' figure) and the larger balance of MPC members are appointed by the chancellor. Its just now the politicians feel more emboldened to pursue ever more fundamentalist neo-lib policies

Another one is the slicing up of Britain into regions, mayoral offices and so forth. When asked if they want Mayors, most regions reject them. They have them foisted on them anyway, and turnout is typically dire. But failure gets put on the mayor rather than the party as a whole. I'm no fan of Sadiq Khan, but blame for Londons crime problem can hardly fall on him alone. He's not the one who flung open the borders (even if he certainly agrees with that position)

Yep

13 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

^ No need to repeat yourself, I heard you the first time. 

I’ll let you know when I’m available, maybe some time over the weekend. 

I took the two minutes it took to find these :

OK I've been polite up to now, but enough enough is enough please FUCK OFF with derailing this thread.

1 hour ago, desertorchid said:

Couldn't TR become an MEP  now it appears Britain is heading towards a Brexit extension and participation in the upcoming EU elections?

I think that's one of his plans, to stand as an MEP/MP.... he would garner a huge amount of support. Imagine TR standing for election in Luton.

3 minutes ago, JFK said:

I think that's one of his plans, to stand as an MEP/MP.... he would garner a huge amount of support. Imagine TR standing for election in Luton.

TR in the house of commons, that would be hilarious, I would seriously pay to watch that.

10 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

TR in the house of commons, that would be hilarious, I would seriously pay to watch that.

It's what they're afraid of.

2 hours ago, desertorchid said:

Couldn't TR become an MEP  now it appears Britain is heading towards a Brexit extension and participation in the upcoming EU elections?

It has a rigng to it 

MEP Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon  former leader of the EDL

Ezra reporting on the 3rd day

Luton police spotter giving evidence - confirming that TR was upstairs in the pub in question, was NOT considered a 'risk' supporter and was with his kids, spoke to the pub landlady - no problems from her.

Passed all this information to cambs pigs.

Developing.

Posted (edited)

TR as MP would be something and something to look forward to if only to see other MP's (and I expect that would include Bercow) having to refer to him as Right Honourable.

Edited by twocents

1 minute ago, twocents said:

TR as MP would be something and something to look forward to if only to see other MP's having to refer to him as Right Honourable.

They would just change the law again as for Bobby Sands.

6 hours ago, desertorchid said:

He does actually mention the possibility in one of his videos. Half jokingly,  but still ... he said it.

2 hours ago, billfunk said:

They would just change the law again as for Bobby Sands.

Quite possibly and they would invent some new "law" and it would be just for the sake of it - and just because he's Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon - although the cases aren't really comparable and I dare say anything they aimed at TR could equally apply to other MPs as well.

21 minutes ago, twocents said:

Quite possibly and they would invent some new "law" and it would be just for the sake of it - and just because he's Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon - although the cases aren't really comparable and I dare say anything they aimed at TR could equally apply to other MPs as well.

They would find a way. My thought are that they could set up a quasi-judicial star chamber which would vet MPs. It would be totally independent of Parliament of course, not an extension of the establishment, oh no. But it would have the power to block TR yet allow in the thousands of fraudsters and sex criminals that tend to become MPs.

52 minutes ago, billfunk said:

They would find a way. My thought are that they could set up a quasi-judicial star chamber which would vet MPs. It would be totally independent of Parliament of course, not an extension of the establishment, oh no. But it would have the power to block TR yet allow in the thousands of fraudsters and sex criminals that tend to become MPs.

One criminal actually voted in the Commons yesterday wearing an electronic tag!

3 minutes ago, Anglepoise said:

One criminal actually voted in the Commons yesterday wearing an electronic tag!

Well, to be accurate, there were lots of criminals in the commons who voted yesterday. It just so happened that one of them had been convicted. :)

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Well, to be accurate, there were lots of criminals in the commons who voted yesterday. It just so happened that one of them had been convicted. :)

MPs have had more time at Her Majesty's pleasure, than the "General Public" are obliged to do.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I’m not sure I want to unpick that statement. O.o

It's quite simple. On average MPs have done more porridge than the "usual suspects".