• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Tommy Robinson thread

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

That’s fine,  and I’m trying not to be too partisan in either direction.

To me the Islam “problem” is blown out of all proportion..  and the problem I have is that it is just another type of identity politics.

SJWs take a group and call them victims or try to afford them special privileges or advantages.  Tommy does the same in reverse,  he takes a group and uses a broad brush to criticise them.

We should really just go back to the basic principles of the Magna Carta.  Treat everyone fairly and as individuals,  not as a group identity.  IMHO.

I believe Tommy is wrong for exactly the same reason the left is wrong..  and they both have a lot more in common with each other than they think.

That said,  I do think he deserves to speak his mind freely,  and I do think he deserves the same rights and freedoms and legal process as any other person.

I give you Manchester, borough markets, Westminster bridge, Charlie hebdo, bataclan, to name but a few terrorist attacks.  I also offer the mass grooming and rape of children, on a scale that is beyond belief. I give you a complicit government that has tried to hide it all and play it down.  

You really think it is blown up out of all proportion?  (Poor choice of words their too. o.O)

It seems unfair to blame all Muslims for what some of them have done.  My objection is simply to his very broad brush,  not his examples of things that are wrong.

I’m happy to agree to disagree though..  it is not a scientific debate of right vs wrong,  just different views and opinions on a complex topic.

10 hours ago, NewryH said:

Could it be that 'in court' actually includes the immediate bit outside as well for legal purposes?

So there's a difference between legal and what 'normal' people think.

When he asked about the verdict/sentence the reply he got was far worse than the question asked IIRC it was something like i`m going to rape your mothers /sister /wife or something along those lines 

8 minutes ago, Libspero said:

It seems unfair to blame all Muslims for what some of them have done.  My objection is simply to his very broad brush,  not his examples of things that are wrong.

I’m happy to agree to disagree though..  it is not a scientific debate of right vs wrong,  just different views and opinions on a complex topic.

That`s exactly what TR does not do ,but it`s exactly what the MSM says he does ,same as the racist tag ,this is probably the reason why he has grown in popularity of late ,rather than his thoughts on the problems of Islam 

Unfortunately for the establishment and the MSM every time they try to shut him down with smears he proves them wrong or should it be they just keep digging the hole they are in deeper 

IMO ordinary people are wking up to the propaganda machine that has kept them towing the line for years it`s this that TPTB are shit scared of

19 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Name one Islamic country that respects the rights of minority groups... There has never been any real condemnation of terrorist attacks by the Islamic community.

Yeah, individually many Muslims are nice people. But as a group I just don't trust them.

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Name one Islamic country that respects the rights of minority groups... There has never been any real condemnation of terrorist attacks by the Islamic community.

Yeah, individually many Muslims are nice people. But as a group I just don't trust them.

That's a personal statement, so I accept your opinion.

In reality most "islamic"countries are reasonably liberal, and all have minorities. Yes it is a pity that many do not speak up about attrocities in public. It's like NI then.

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

In reality most "islamic"countries are reasonably liberal, and all have minorities. Yes it is a pity that many do not speak up about attrocities in public. It's like NI then.

Ah yes, the very liberal Saudi Arabia, the very liberal Iran, the very liberal Brunei.  

1 minute ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Ah yes, the very liberal Saudi Arabia, the very liberal Iran, the very liberal Brunei.  

Was thinking more of Egypt, and Pakistan. One of our chaps here is now in Saudi. I doubt whether he will get arrested. I'm told Iran is OK, but I have never been there.

Just now, MrPin said:

Was thinking more of Egypt, and Pakistan. One of our chaps here is now in Saudi. I doubt whether he will get arrested. I'm told Iran is OK, but I have never been there.

Ah yes, the very liberal Pakistan where Asia Bibi was sentenced to death for blaspheming the prophet

4 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

I thought she only drank from the wrong water cup!

Yes indeed, but symbolically drinking from the wrong cup made her fellow workers unclean and led to a discussion in which she made some comments that led to her being accused blaspheming the prophet. Of course we must remember islam is the religion of peace >:(

Just now, Long time lurking said:

That`s exactly what TR does not do ,but it`s exactly what the MSM says he does ,same as the racist tag ,this is probably the reason why he has grown in popularity of late ,rather than his thoughts on the problems of Islam.

Mmm..

His criticism of Islam (from what I’ve seen) seems to be “Islam says this,  therefore people who follow Islam believe the same” by extension.

He may not say it specifically but that’s my interpretation from what I’ve seen.

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

Mmm..

His criticism of Islam (from what I’ve seen) seems to be “Islam says this,  therefore people who follow Islam believe the same” by extension.

He may not say it specifically but that’s my interpretation from what I’ve seen.

He goes to great lengths to separate the ideology from the person. He has had Muslim friends in the past apparently, and certainly does not seem to hold any animosity to any reasonable Muslim who wishes to engage him in debate.

8 minutes ago, Rowley said:

He goes to great lengths to separate the ideology from the person. He has had Muslim friends in the past apparently, and certainly does not seem to hold any animosity to any reasonable Muslim who wishes to engage him in debate.

He usually debates them on their religion and takes extracts from the Koran saying “did you know this” and “do you really defend that”.   When they say “we’ll of course not” his only real argument is that’s they don’t really follow Islam then so they are sort of “ok”.

But then based on that he is saying most Muslims are actually ok,  because most of them don’t really take it any more seriously than most Christians do the bible. 

If he is really saying that then I’m not really sure what he does stand for/against?  If he just stands against terrorists,  then fine,  so does everyone else.. it’s not really that controversial. 

But I would go back to the point of identity politics.  I think because religions tend to organise into groups and apply political pressure demanding special treatment,  TR is an equal and opposite force (albeit probably subconsciously) against this particular group and its interests that threaten their own values.

It is why identity politics is so dangerous and so wrong.  IMHO.

35 minutes ago, MrPin said:

That's a personal statement, so I accept your opinion.

30 minutes ago, MrPin said:

My line manager went to Pakistan for a holiday. He was accompanied by an armed policeman throughout his stay. Does that sound a liberal country? 

Is this the same Egypt where Christians are regularly killed?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

My line manager went to Pakistan for a holiday. He was accompanied by an armed policeman throughout his stay. Does that sound a liberal country? 

Not sure where you get your information from. What idiot goes for a holiday in Pakistan? Karrachi I guess, a shithole worse than Manchester. I too had armed guards, but it wasn't a holiday. Once outside a major town, you are (fairly) safe. As for Egypt, there was a fuck off sized Coptic cathedral visible from the hotel in Cairo, and they have one of the oldest Christian communities in the world. Most blokes appear to be called Mohammed, but the Christian ones are always John or Paul. There maybe some scuffles, but they don't seem oppressed. I am sorry to disappoint you.

Edited by MrPin

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

There are plenty of dangerous non-Muslim countries too though..  just sayin.

7 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

However I do not see any evidence that Christians who believe in the strict interpretation of the bible inflict terrible atrocities on those who do not share their beliefs. Unlike those whose fundamental belief is set out in the qu'ran. 

I don’t want to go too deeply into the theology because to my mind religion is broadly just nonsense and akin to arguing over which is the best colour of colouring pencil.

But to your point..  I don’t think South America became Christian with hugs, kisses and gods love for his children.

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I don’t want to go too deeply into the theology because to my mind religion is broadly just nonsense and akin to arguing over which is the best colour of colouring pencil.

But to your point..  I don’t think South America became Christian with hugs, kisses and gods love for his children.

Also I believe the Spanish Inquisition was nothing to do with comfy chairs.

Just now, MrPin said:

Also I believe the Spanish Inquisition was nothing to do with comfy chairs.

And, along with the Conquests, they are thankfully consigned to the history books studying post-medieval times.

A bit of a shame we are stuck with modern-day medieval Mussers messing up daily life.

In an ideal world there would be no Mussers and, by extension, no need for a shouty Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

Just now, Bkkandrew said:

And, along with the Conquests, they are thankfully consigned to the history books studying post-medieval times.

A bit of a shame we are stuck with modern-day medieval Mussers messing up daily life.

In an ideal world there would be no Mussers and, by extension, no need for a shouty Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

Ideally people would find their own meaning of life, and maybe God by themselves. Unfortunately, like the media, it's decided for you by others, and this is how "social media" is so horrible.