• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
longtomsilver

An end to Period Poverty NOW

Posted (edited)

I'm so relieved that my father was a taxi driver Sadiq Khan can put aside the lesser issues of knife crimes, armed moped gang robberies and general malaise within London and divert energy towards a campaign with real blood, sweat and tears. 

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/sadiq-khan-period-poverty-london-support

While they're at it can we have an end to razor poverty. What I don't understand is with all the bennies on offer to women (entitledto: and the real losers are men of working age) why they are unable to budget for the few pounds it costs for own brand sanitary products and we really are talking a couple of quid. Besides there are reusable alternatives such as mentrual cups.

Edited by longtomsilver

18 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

I'm so relieved that my father was a taxi driver Sadiq Khan can put aside the lesser issues of knife crimes, armed moped gang robberies and general malaise within London and divert energy towards a campaign with real blood, sweat and tears. 

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/sadiq-khan-period-poverty-london-support

While they're at it can we have an end to razor poverty. What I don't understand is with all the bennies on offer to women (entitledto: and the real losers are men of working age) why they are unable to budget for the few pounds it costs for own brand sanitary products and we really are talking a couple of quid. Besides there are reusable alternatives such as mentrual cups.

Men have the option to just not shave, nobody wants women to stop using sanitary protection.

3 minutes ago, Malthus said:

I know it’s the So-Called BBC but this excellent program debunks the whole period poverty myth 

Worth a listen 

712C0722-A701-4F04-81FB-B5A5638CCC50.jpeg

Hell be shot, tim hardford, splittist!

2 minutes ago, Malthus said:

I know it’s the So-Called BBC but this excellent program debunks the whole period poverty myth 

Worth a listen 

712C0722-A701-4F04-81FB-B5A5638CCC50.jpeg

Haha I've spent the last 40 seconds of my life pressing the Listen Now wondering why it's not working. That's because it's a screenshot. 😂😂

Just now, longtomsilver said:

Haha I've spent the last 40 seconds of my life pressing the Listen Now wondering why it's not working. That's because it's a screenshot. 😂😂

xD

15 minutes ago, This Time said:

Men have the option to just not shave, nobody wants women to stop using sanitary protection.

Women have the option to scrape together the 90pence it costs to buy a packet of towels/tampons. I'm sorry if they can't find this kind of money in what is a very generous/giving society they ought to be euthanised. If it was me I'd be begging outside the Spar shop and  be certain to have the goods in very little time.

5 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

😀😀😀😀😀😀

I could get the link to embed in the post so took a screen shot , google is your friend 👍

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

In most jobs men are expected to shave to some extent or at least trim their beards.

It may be theoretically optional if you think you think a man can go about their daily business looking like they're homeless; but then you can say washing is optional and there is VAT on soap.

Someone should have told Harry that this is also an expectation on your wedding day 

33 minutes ago, This Time said:

Not wishing to be too pedantic but on the assumption that there is a fetish for everything, there's bound to be at least one disgusting pervert out there... :Sick1:

4 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Reminds me of the the story about sexist air conditioning from a few years ago. 

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/08/04/air-conditioning-office-too-cold_n_7930956.html?guccounter=1

Air Conditioning In Offices Is Too Cold (And Sexist) As It's Based On Metabolic Rate Of Middle Aged Men

Whilst thinking this "tampon tax" stuff is a load of foetid dingos' kidneys I do think that there is actually something in that aircon story.

In general women lose heat faster than men (higher surface area to mass ratio as they're smaller) so prefer it to be warmer than men who are bigger and so lose heat more slowly.

Though most places I've worked have it set too warm so it's sexist but against men.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, longtomsilver said:

why they are unable to budget for the few pounds it costs for own brand sanitary products and we really are talking a couple of quid. Besides there are reusable alternatives such as mentrual cups.

Not expensive.

Morrisons Super Ultra Towels with Wings

12 per pack
66p

Morrisons Night Time Ultra Towels with Wings
10 per pack
66p

Morrisons Normal Ultra Towels without Wings
16 per pack
66p

Morrisons Normal Ultra Towels with Wings
14 per pack
66p

Morrisons Maxi Towels Night Time
12 per pack
84p

Morrisons Maxi Daytime Towels
24 per pack
84p

Edited by sarahbell

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

Not expensive.

12 per pack
66p

10 per pack
66p

16 per pack
66p

14 per pack
66p

12 per pack
84p

24 per pack
84p

As a comparison how much are the other essentials 

20 B&H ? 

Bottle of buckfast ? 

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

Not expensive.

12 per pack
66p

10 per pack
66p

16 per pack
66p

14 per pack
66p

12 per pack
84p

24 per pack
84p

Yeah but, there is a world of fags and booze to buy. 

21 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Whilst thinking this "tampon tax" stuff is a load of foetid dingos' kidneys I do think that there is actually something in that aircon story.

In general women lose heat faster than men (higher surface area to mass ratio as they're smaller) so prefer it to be warmer than men who are bigger and so lose heat more slowly.

Though most places I've worked have it set too warm so it's sexist but against men.

If you’re a bit too cold it’s easy to remedy, you can just put a jumper on. If you’re a bit too hot in a shirt and trousers there’s precious little you can do about it in the office. We are not even allowed table fans.

34 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think he did it for a laugh.

Getting married?. Makes as much sense as any other reason.

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

If you’re a bit too cold it’s easy to remedy, you can just put a jumper on. If you’re a bit too hot in a shirt and trousers there’s precious little you can do about it in the office. We are not even allowed table fans.

You could take all your clothes off!:o

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Not expensive.

12 per pack
66p

10 per pack
66p

16 per pack
66p

14 per pack
66p

12 per pack
84p

24 per pack
84p

Exactly sarah.

She no longer needs such products these days - but as the person doing the household budget, I can assure you that when she did, Mrs XYY spent more a week on tea-bags, cat food and shampoo than was ever spent on jammy-dodgers...!

;)

XYY