• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

DTMark

Eurovision 2017

And so it begins again. Do you think we'll win ;) You have to feel a little sorry for Lucie.

The first semi-final was tonight. The other one is on Thursday. Final on Saturday.

Here's our losing entry to be:

The big surprise came when they played Italy's entry.

I'd already heard this and thought it was a really funky tune. It looks like something Sasha Baron Cohen would come up with as a spoof.

Really tongue-in-cheek and a lot of fun. At the time I quipped "that should be their Eurovision entry". And.. it is.

Francesco Gabbani: Westerner's Karma

Go Italy. Perfect excuse to go over there next year.. ;)

My gay neighbours have invited me round to theirs for a Eurovision party on Saturday night.  Part of me wants to go but another part is horrified that I am even thinking about attending.

Quite like the Italian guy...

2 minutes ago, Miss S said:

My gay neighbours have invited me round to theirs for a Eurovision party on Saturday night.  Part of me wants to go but another part is horrified that I am even thinking about attending.

Oh, do go. It's a corker of a night. Take something to drink and start early.

3 minutes ago, Miss S said:

That is one of those invites that you simply can't turn down. 

Gay and Eurovision? A match made in heaven.

I love Eurovision. Love the crapness of it. I print out the whole Eurovision marking sheets off the So-Called BBC. Just put £100 on the Russian Grannies..

Seriously, hasn't Article 50 put an end to all this?

Gina G, is the most passable entry I can think of, is there a better one?

Always thought Bucks Fizz's win was pretty terrible and relied on the skirt gimmick but this other track, of theirs from the same year, was a pretty decent effort even if the lyrics made no fucking sense whatsoever.

Edited by SNACR

Yeah, but my current boyfriend will be coming to mine and he's a bit camp.  So it could all go tits up if I take him.

:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Tabasco Kid said:

I love Eurovision. Love the crapness of it. I print out the whole Eurovision marking sheets off the So-Called BBC. Just put £100 on the Russian Grannies..

Well, yes. Where people go wrong it in taking it seriously. "All the songs are crap". Yes. Almost all the songs are crap. Some are really, really crap, abominably awful. That's why it's such a giggle. Mind you - just now and again you do get some really decent exceptions. Like Sweden's entry from last year. Which should have won.

3 minutes ago, Miss S said:

Yeah, but my current boyfriend will be coming to mine and he's a bit camp.  So it could all go tits up if I take him.

All the more reason to go. Better to find out sooner rather than later but the word 'current' speaks volumes.

To add.. a bloke that can't let his hair down at a gay Eurovision party is not a keeper.

Edited by Cunning Plan

1 minute ago, Wahoo said:

Are they going to wheel out Terry to present it again?

Graham Norton took over from Terry. Not sure if he's doing the commentary on the final or if it's Scott Mills and Mel Giedroyc who have been doing the semis. They're great, really funny.

Just now, DTMark said:

Well, yes. Where people go wrong it in taking it seriously. "All the songs are crap". Yes. Almost all the songs are crap. Some are really, really crap, abominably awful. That's why it's such a giggle. Mind you - just now and again you do get some really decent exceptions. Like Sweden's entry from last year. Which should have won.

Yup true. The secret is to never take it seriously. And do print out the score cards. It's a great laugh. I love the European birds in it. And those acts who don't sing in English get extra marks for me. 

5 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Here she is representing us in 1996 with a song written by one of the guys behind the brilliant dance group 'Motiv8'

Ok she misses one note horribly, but we should have won if there had been any justice. Cracking pop song.

8 minutes ago, Miss S said:

Can I come?

On second thoughts..

Loved this Lena one! She's just a cutey!

This is a better version of the 'cute-ness':

Edited by Tabasco Kid

Just now, Tabasco Kid said:

Loved this Lena one!

There was never any contest that year. Brilliant pop song. Cheeky looks from the singer. The complete package.

Wiped the floor with everyone else.

17 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Here she is representing us in 1996 with a song written by one of the guys behind the brilliant dance group 'Motiv8'

Ok she misses one note horribly, but we should have won if there had been any justice. Cracking pop song.

Out of tune always seems to be a thing for Eurovision, seems she tried a bit too hard on the singing and dancing and didn't quite nail either - after looking at her wiki entry, I never realised, at the time, she was the Greg Rusedski British Eurovision entry.

30 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Seriously, hasn't Article 50 put an end to all this?

Always thought Bucks Fizz's win was pretty terrible and relied on the skirt gimmick but this other track, of theirs from the same year, was a pretty decent effort even if the lyrics made no fucking sense whatsoever.

Loved that tune, mate. 'My camera never lies', to me, is one of the best Pop songs ever written. Classic Pop.

25 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Graham Norton took over from Terry. Not sure if he's doing the commentary on the final or if it's Scott Mills and Mel Giedroyc who have been doing the semis. They're great, really funny.

Actually, given what high camp Eurovision is considered, it doesn't ever seem like it's really Graham Norton's cup of tea.

5 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Actually, given what high camp Eurovision is considered, it doesn't ever seem like it's really Graham Norton's cup of tea.

Ironically, he seems to come over too seriously. Mel and Scott are total gigglers and have a bit of a chemistry between them.

6 hours ago, Tabasco Kid said:

Loved this Lena one! She's just a cutey!

This is a better version of the 'cute-ness':

Hmm, looks like Lena learned from her German predecessor Nena that it's best to break out the old Venus razor before flashing the pits. Poor Nena - as a 9 year old I was utterly infatuated with her up until that moment. I'm still having therapy for it today.

5.png

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 23:30, DTMark said:

Francesco Gabbani: Westerner's Karma

It's tonight!!

You heard the winner here first.. ;)

"Web developers, the people's cocaine" - LOL

Edited by DTMark