• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Political activity in work

An SJW eejit at work has a calender on the wall with anti Trump messages and stuff like Refugees Welcome/No ban, No wall slogans and pro Muslim stuff on it.

One is very irritated I shouldn't have to see this crap in work.

Isn't there are ban on politics in the work place. 

Btw this is a shared space not his office.

1 minute ago, JackieO said:

An SJW eejit at work has a calender on the wall with anti Trump messages and stuff like Refugees Welcome/No ban, No wall slogans and pro Muslim stuff on it.

Get a bunch of MAGA posters and pin them up over it?

2 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Graffiti it when there's no-one around. With biting but amusing stuff so you can defend yourself if discovered.

Imagine my surprise when I arrived at work one day to find that someone had taken down the company flag and hoisted the rainbow in its place.

Now I've got no issue with the LGBX community, but we've gone full on diversity and inclusion. I don't see why I should have my face rubbed in it.

2 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Imagine my surprise when I arrived at work one day to find that someone had taken down the company flag and hoisted the rainbow in its place.

Now I've got no issue with the LGBX community, but we've gone full on diversity and inclusion. I don't see why I should have my face rubbed in it.

You've got a company flag?

Are you royalty?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Graffiti it when there's no-one around. With biting but amusng stuff so you can defend yourself if discovered.

No one's around now. Im covering in an area i dont normally work in due various absenses.

Im thinking of changing the Refugees welcome to Rapeugees Welcome. :Jumping:

4 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Very annoying Keep your head down Winston Smith!

Edited by JackieO

5 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

so you won't be representing your company at the local pride march ?

Just now, ashestoashes said:

so you won't be representing your company at the local pride march ?

Our lot do the Pride March every fucking year O.o

Posted (edited)

You risk a lot by taking a stand on this. Mybe even your career. I would say have a quiet word in the right management, HR or union ear, but it seems likely that all of those would at best answer with a 'Yes but'.

Whatever you do, make sure not to criticise the content, or suggest alternative, counter content, sentiment etc, but stick to the facts that persumably any political statements are not allowed.

Edited by Melchett

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I believe this poster has been know to trigger people

Image result for breaking point poster

This bloke has Vegan shoes UK I kid you not.

He's very easily triggered indeed.

He was offended when management asked him to do some work. :P

Edited by JackieO

1 minute ago, Melchett said:

You risk a lot by taking a stand on this. Mybe even your career. I would say have a quiet word in the right management, HR or union ear, but it seems likely that all of those would at best answer with a 'Yes but'.

Whatever you do, make sure not to criticise the content, or suggest alternative, counter content, sentiment etc, but stick to the facts that persumably any political statements are not allowed.

Boring!

At least let us have a bit of fun planning some dastardly deeds before coming up with the only practical solution.

2 minutes ago, Melchett said:

No worries I'm not daft :)

We all know who TPTB side with.

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Boring!

At least let us have a bit of fun planning some dastardly deeds before coming up with the only practical solution.

Triggering SJWs should be a national sport :Jumping:

24 minutes ago, JackieO said:

find out what they are compensating for, then blackmail them.

12 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

You've got a company flag?

Are you royalty?

We used to have a company flag, we've now got a rainbow. I find it fun getting various flags put up related to the origins of customers who are visiting us (yeah, yeah, simple things...). It's a nice touch.

I've been tempted to ask for a general Lee to be hoisted once or twice when we've had visitors from the Southern states, but it's too risky... Probably more than my career is worth, and I've got mouths to feed.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Legally you'd probably be in the best position if you said his visible political statements in the office increase your Aspergers-related anxiety and you'd like them removed.

Check mate. perfect.

ETA, I just looked up the Putin calendar. You really should, because with those pictures, if any one criticises you can always flip the script and claim you are taking the piss of definately-not-gay putin.

Edited by Melchett

22 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Make a mental note to minimise contact with this person and ensure that any communication that has to happen is over email where possible so they can't bend the truth. That's the kind person who will try and ruin a career because someone had the audacity to disagree with them.