• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_democracy_for_all

Doctor's appointments, well sort of.

Several people have complained about not being able to get doctor's appointments. Well if you've got a Samsung phone, you can now. Sort of. I can see this developing with people getting add-on sensors for health data added to phones.

Good? Bad? Personally I think good as I hate the normal going-to-doctor experience, but maybe it won't be that good in reality. Better done from home with a nice big screen I'd say. 

https://newatlas.com/samsung-babylon-health-ask-an-expert/54853/

Posted (edited)

Since it involves the use of a so-called smartphone, it is the work of Lucifer and should be avoided at all costs.

A much better health improving idea is to apply a hammer and a pair of pipe-grips to your "smart" phone until it is reduced to several hundred tiny pieces of shattered glass and broken plastic.

Try it - you won't regret it...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Since it involves the use of a so-called smartphone, it is the work of Lucifer and should be avoided at all costs.

A much better health improving idea is to apply a hammer and a pair of pipe-grips to your "smart" phone until it is reduced to several hundred tiny pieces of shattered glass and broken plastic.

XYY

As a friend has always said.  Invention of the devil.

These AI are absolutely fantastic.  They're about 99% accurate.

Trouble is, the thing about going to the GP is that the vast majority of the time (oh, about 99% of the time) it is completely benign ('just flu') or completely obvious that you need more attention.  The value of the GP (but not all GPs can do this) is that they'll pick up on the 1% and tell you to do the thing that the AI wouldn't have been programmed to think of. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

:)

It's not actually obligatory to connect your phone to Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat etc etc. I don't even have accounts in that shite.

To my mind the evil is in the social networks, other things that smartphones do are useful. Bit uncomfortable that it's a tracking device, of course, but any phone is one of those. 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

Just now, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

:)

It's not actually obligatory to connect your phone to Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat etc etc. I don't even have accounts in that shite.

To my mind the evil is in the social networks, other stuff that smartphones do are useful. Bit uncomfortable that it's a tracking device, of course, but any phone is one of those. 

Couldn't agree more. Those of us not using faceache and the like are not glued to our phones. I use mine as a phone, post here, listen to music and control the heating. 

Oh dear - another pair of Devil's Dildo addicts trying to justify their obnoxious habit.

Dance on it.

Chuck it in the fire. 

Drop it from a very high bridge.

The choice is yours. 

There is absolutely nothing good about a smartphone whatsoever.

Unless it is put in a kiln for several hours...

;)

XYY

I think £50 for unlimited access to a doctor is good value (I wonder if they have a fair use policy). Don't have many problems getting an appointment at our surgery but I can see the benefits of this if you aren't so lucky.

5 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Oh dear - another pair of Devil's Dildo addicts trying to justify their obnoxious habit.

Dance on it.

Chuck it in the fire. 

Drop it from a very high bridge.

The choice is yours. 

There is absolutely nothing good about a smartphone whatsoever.

Unless it is put in a kiln for several hours...

;)

XYY

OK. Tomorrow I will use it to scan, read and pay  about 10 payment slips of various bills automatically, all with a traceable record on the account, all done in 5 minutes. The alternative being taking about 5 minutes per bill typing it all in, adding a human error element and paying by e-banking. Saturday I'll use it to navigate to the exact address of the birthday party my daughter is attending. When I get on the train tomorrow, I won't need a ticket, just the phone. On Sunday I'll make a video of daughter competing at synchro swimming which I'll send to her proud aunt. The rest of the time it'll be in my pocket unless making a call or maybe reading Dosbods on the train if not asleep.

This all seems good to me. As a grumpy old fucker, I am only tempted by the useful stuff. It's the social networks that are evil, they have brought witch hunts and ignorant mob mentality into the modern age. And to think we thought it was all good at the time when they were used in the Arab spring....