• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Rents to soar

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.landlordtoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2018/5/tenants-face-rent-bombshell

Rent hikes are inevitable unless the government reverses tax changes for landlords, it has been claimed. 

But won't rent rises mean they need to pay more tax?

Putting myself into Prof Spy mode ...

80% of private rents are determined by LHA.

ToS comments on these sort of idiot comments.

It just shows how shit the BTL LL are - the thing that kills LL are not falling rents  but voids.

Good, that will mean loads of small terraced houses coming onto the market.

Remember landlords, once you need to get out you have to do it very quick with this sort of stuff.

9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Good, that will mean loads of small terraced houses coming onto the market.

Remember landlords, once you need to get out you have to do it very quick with this sort of stuff.

There's a small terraced house in Shildon for sale - see the video in spygirl's Baby Spice thread. I doubt you'd have to pay all that much.

37 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

The article says that many tenants will already be on the limit and this could force them into rent arrears.

So less rent received then?

Genius.

Indeed.

The thing that fucks me of about the whole IO BTL is the total gormlessness of both the banks and the LLs.

Idiots. Clueless to the risk. Clueless to what goes wrong.

Just now, spygirl said:

Indeed.

The thing that fucks me of about the whole IO BTL is the total gormlessness of both the banks and the LLs.

Idiots. Clueless to the risk. Clueless to what goes wrong.

What bothers me, is that they've got away with it for so long!

xD

59 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

This presupposes that they're not already charging as much as they can get away with.

You know, because they're nice people providing a fluffy service, rather than money grabbing tossers.

xD

I agree..  but it’s does also presuppose that after a couple of “we can’t afford our rent and have to survive on dog food” sob stories in the press,  civil servants won’t just increase HB as a path of least resistance.

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

I agree..  but it’s does also presuppose that after a couple of “we can’t afford our rent and have to survive on dog food” sob stories in the press,  civil servants won’t just increase HB as a path of least resistance.

Thereby automatically increasing the rent of those that pay for it out of our own pocket.

I hope not.

9 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Demographics will be the game changer.

The end game of this is Generation Rent voting in someone like Steptoe who'll fuck up the economy, and give them a financial reset. Over leveraged IO landlords will be some of the first against the wall.

Hold onto your hat's, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Just now, SpectrumFX said:

The end game of this is Generation Rent voting in someone like Steptoe who'll fuck up the economy, and give them a financial reset. Over leveraged IO landlords will be some of the first against the wall.

As if that'll be a novelty

Just now, Hopeful said:

As if that'll be a novelty

It's been like watching a fat wobbly drunk clown riding a bicycle across a tightrope in his pants.

But I think Steptoe is the man who can finally push him off the bike.

xD

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Putting myself into Prof Spy mode ...

80% of private rents are determined by LHA.

ToS comments on these sort of idiot comments.

It just shows how shit the BTL LL are - the thing that kills LL are not falling rents  but voids.

Yep the government are the market ,he who pays the piper calls the tune 

1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

He's stated he wants unlimited immigration. That won't reduce rents.

1 minute ago, gibbon said:

Don't worry, if he fucks up the economy badly enough nobody will want to come.

xD

1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

xD

Most aren't coming here to work so the economy won't make a difference. The Labour party will still make sure they get their gibs.

1 minute ago, gibbon said:

He's so stupid I doubt if he sees the link.

Just now, SpectrumFX said:

xD

Untrue. If you are starving in an African or ME shithole, food banks, basic benefits  and modest lodging will still look good. The workskis are the ones that will leave if the UK economy goes into the toilet. Scumskis, pikeys and migrants who have left shitholes will remain. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Untrue. If you are starving in an African or ME shithole, food banks, basic benefits  and modest lodging will still look good. The workskis are the ones that will leave if the UK economy goes into the toilet. Scumskis, pikeys and migrants who have left shitholes will remain. 

Which would break the welfare state.

Hopefully the political pendulum will swing the other way, and the border gets closed and immigration slows to a trickle of genuinely useful people in time to stop that.

Or otherwise it's pretty much game over for the UK, and we're a shithole. Nailed on. 

Will enough people wake up and smell the coffee in time?

Is there still time?

:S

Edited by SpectrumFX

1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

Which would break the welfare state.

Hopefully the political pendulum will swing the other way, and the border gets closed and immigration slows to a trickle of genuinely useful people in time to stop that.

Or otherwise it's pretty much game over for the UK, and we're a shithole. Nailed on. 

Will enough people wake up and smell the coffee in time?

Is there still time?

:S

It's just a question of time now IMO. Steptoe is hardly going to cut welfare, even if the IMF took charge they'd just say cut spending, he'd cut everything else first. Nukes gone, military reduced to half, banks taxed and gone to Europe (though that could be a good thing long-term). He's not going to save anyone, indirectly or otherwise.

IMO the bust needs to happen with the right in charge, Steptoe's bust would potentially be a catastrophe.

Brown set all this in motion, but Gidiot and Cameron had the chance to fix it and didn't, and May is powerless and incompetent.

28 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

This needs to be constantly repeated. Bleeding hearts moan about immigrants in Germany getting something like 50 euros a week dole. But that' is more than most of them would earn in a month in Africa or Pakistan, doing back-breaking physical work for it.