• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Rents to soar

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.landlordtoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2018/5/tenants-face-rent-bombshell

Rent hikes are inevitable unless the government reverses tax changes for landlords, it has been claimed. 


But won't rent rises mean they need to pay more tax?

Putting myself into Prof Spy mode ...

80% of private rents are determined by LHA.

ToS comments on these sort of idiot comments.

It just shows how shit the BTL LL are - the thing that kills LL are not falling rents  but voids.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good, that will mean loads of small terraced houses coming onto the market.

Remember landlords, once you need to get out you have to do it very quick with this sort of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Good, that will mean loads of small terraced houses coming onto the market.

Remember landlords, once you need to get out you have to do it very quick with this sort of stuff.

There's a small terraced house in Shildon for sale - see the video in spygirl's Baby Spice thread. I doubt you'd have to pay all that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

The article says that many tenants will already be on the limit and this could force them into rent arrears.

So less rent received then?

Genius.

Indeed.

The thing that fucks me of about the whole IO BTL is the total gormlessness of both the banks and the LLs.

Idiots. Clueless to the risk. Clueless to what goes wrong.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spygirl said:

Indeed.

The thing that fucks me of about the whole IO BTL is the total gormlessness of both the banks and the LLs.

Idiots. Clueless to the risk. Clueless to what goes wrong.

 

 

What bothers me, is that they've got away with it for so long!

xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

This presupposes that they're not already charging as much as they can get away with.

You know, because they're nice people providing a fluffy service, rather than money grabbing tossers.

xD

 

I agree..  but it’s does also presuppose that after a couple of “we can’t afford our rent and have to survive on dog food” sob stories in the press,  civil servants won’t just increase HB as a path of least resistance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Libspero said:

I agree..  but it’s does also presuppose that after a couple of “we can’t afford our rent and have to survive on dog food” sob stories in the press,  civil servants won’t just increase HB as a path of least resistance.

Thereby automatically increasing the rent of those that pay for it out of our own pocket.

I hope not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I agree..  but it’s does also presuppose that after a couple of “we can’t afford our rent and have to survive on dog food” sob stories in the press,  civil servants won’t just increase HB as a path of least resistance.

Demographics will be the game changer.

The end game of this is Generation Rent voting in someone like Steptoe who'll fuck up the economy, and give them a financial reset. Over leveraged IO landlords will be some of the first against the wall.

Hold onto your hat's, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SpectrumFX said:

Demographics will be the game changer.

The end game of this is Generation Rent voting in someone like Steptoe who'll fuck up the economy, and give them a financial reset. Over leveraged IO landlords will be some of the first against the wall.

Hold onto your hat's, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

 

 

As if that'll be a novelty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hopeful said:

 

As if that'll be a novelty

It's been like watching a fat wobbly drunk clown riding a bicycle across a tightrope in his pants.

But I think Steptoe is the man who can finally push him off the bike.

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Putting myself into Prof Spy mode ...

80% of private rents are determined by LHA.

ToS comments on these sort of idiot comments.

It just shows how shit the BTL LL are - the thing that kills LL are not falling rents  but voids.

 

Yep the government are the market ,he who pays the piper calls the tune 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

Demographics will be the game changer.

The end game of this is Generation Rent voting in someone like Steptoe who'll fuck up the economy, and give them a financial reset. Over leveraged IO landlords will be some of the first against the wall.

Hold onto your hat's, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

 

He's stated he wants unlimited immigration. That won't reduce rents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gibbon said:

He's stated he wants unlimited immigration. That won't reduce rents.

Don't worry, if he fucks up the economy badly enough nobody will want to come.

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

Don't worry, if he fucks up the economy badly enough nobody will want to come.

xD

Most aren't coming here to work so the economy won't make a difference. The Labour party will still make sure they get their gibs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gibbon said:

He's stated he wants unlimited immigration. That won't reduce rents.

He's so stupid I doubt if he sees the link.

 

Just now, SpectrumFX said:

Don't worry, if he fucks up the economy badly enough nobody will want to come.

xD

Untrue. If you are starving in an African or ME shithole, food banks, basic benefits  and modest lodging will still look good. The workskis are the ones that will leave if the UK economy goes into the toilet. Scumskis, pikeys and migrants who have left shitholes will remain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

He's so stupid I doubt if he sees the link.

 

Untrue. If you are starving in an African or ME shithole, food banks, basic benefits  and modest lodging will still look good. The workskis are the ones that will leave if the UK economy goes into the toilet. Scumskis, pikeys and migrants who have left shitholes will remain. 

Which would break the welfare state.

Hopefully the political pendulum will swing the other way, and the border gets closed and immigration slows to a trickle of genuinely useful people in time to stop that.

Or otherwise it's pretty much game over for the UK, and we're a shithole. Nailed on. 

Will enough people wake up and smell the coffee in time?

Is there still time?

:S

 

Edited by SpectrumFX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

Which would break the welfare state.

Hopefully the political pendulum will swing the other way, and the border gets closed and immigration slows to a trickle of genuinely useful people in time to stop that.

Or otherwise it's pretty much game over for the UK, and we're a shithole. Nailed on. 

Will enough people wake up and smell the coffee in time?

Is there still time?

:S

 

It's just a question of time now IMO. Steptoe is hardly going to cut welfare, even if the IMF took charge they'd just say cut spending, he'd cut everything else first. Nukes gone, military reduced to half, banks taxed and gone to Europe (though that could be a good thing long-term). He's not going to save anyone, indirectly or otherwise.

IMO the bust needs to happen with the right in charge, Steptoe's bust would potentially be a catastrophe.

Brown set all this in motion, but Gidiot and Cameron had the chance to fix it and didn't, and May is powerless and incompetent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

He's so stupid I doubt if he sees the link.

 

Untrue. If you are starving in an African or ME shithole, food banks, basic benefits  and modest lodging will still look good. The workskis are the ones that will leave if the UK economy goes into the toilet. Scumskis, pikeys and migrants who have left shitholes will remain. 

This needs to be constantly repeated. Bleeding hearts moan about immigrants in Germany getting something like 50 euros a week dole. But that' is more than most of them would earn in a month in Africa or Pakistan, doing back-breaking physical work for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.