• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Long time lurking

Spain ?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

 I was amazed at how wealthy it seemed and how little public sector workers seemed to do. 

As opposed to the UK's wonderful hard-working public sector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, One percent said:

I was in Spain a few years ago on a work exchange. I was amazed at how wealthy it seemed and how little public sector workers seemed to do. 

I bet they love the EU 

Exactly. 

I can't see the Spaniards giving up on their easy lives... Can you imagine all those lovely well-surfaced roads that have to return to UK taxpayers ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, One percent said:

I was in Spain a few years ago on a work exchange. I was amazed at how wealthy it seemed and how little public sector workers seemed to do. 

I bet they love the EU 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/06/25/business/global/25iht-transport25.html

Wasn't there a big thing about them investing in infrastructure using EU money because it was almost impossible to lose it for non-repayment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Southmartin said:

Exactly. 

I can't see the Spaniards giving up on their easy lives... Can you imagine all those lovely well-surfaced roads that have to return to UK taxpayers ??

The statistic shows the seasonally adjusted youth unemployment rate in EU member states as of January 2018. The source defines youth unemployment as unemployment of those younger than 25 years. In March 2018, the seasonally adjusted youth unemployment rate in Spain was at 35 percent.
Edited by Long time lurking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Long time lurking said:
The statistic shows the seasonally adjusted youth unemployment rate in EU member states as of January 2018. The source defines youth unemployment as unemployment of those younger than 25 years. In March 2018, the seasonally adjusted youth unemployment rate in Spain was at 35 percent.

Down from a high of 50% tho ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Mainly because 20% or so have moved to the UK?

Yep. And this is apparently great for the UK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Mainly because 20% or so have moved to the UK?

Lots in Germany. Especially their best and brightest graduates who moved at the time when Spain was dead in the water. There was a programme about it on French TV a couple of years back. In the UK they're probably the ones that want to improve their English, the engineers went to Germany. 

5 minutes ago, ccc said:

Yep. And this is apparently great for the UK. 

It's probably better than the alternatives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Lots in Germany. Especially their best and brightest graduates who moved at the time when Spain was dead in the water. There was a programme about it on French TV a couple of years back. In the UK they're probably the ones that want to improve their English, the engineers went to Germany. 

It's probably better than the alternatives.

What's the alternative ? Having less people in the UK that we don't actually need ?

Sounds good to me :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ccc said:

What's the alternative ? Having less people in the UK that we don't actually need ?

Sounds good to me :D

I’m finding Les Tasca which is Spanish tapas knockoff, seems to be employing Spanish people.  It is sooo much mor authentic. Not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.