• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
billfunk

Info Board for Complex topics

Just reading the Tommy Robinson thread now and it struck how it may be useful for more complex threads to have an information board at the start of the topic whereby key links and information could be stuck. This would enable people to refer to key documents without having to trawl the many pages and find where links were originally posted.

eg. In the TR thread, I am looking for the Secret Barristers analysis of his sentence. 

23 minutes ago, billfunk said:

Just reading the Tommy Robinson thread now and it struck how it may be useful for more complex threads to have an information board at the start of the topic whereby key links and information could be stuck. This would enable people to refer to key documents without having to trawl the many pages and find where links were originally posted.

eg. In the TR thread, I am looking for the Secret Barristers analysis of his sentence. 

Without wanting to sound trite, is that method better than Google? I found what you were looking for, I believe, within 2 seconds:

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/25/what-has-happened-to-poor-tommy-robinson/

I do agree though for things that can't be googled easily it would be a welcome addition. The problem is that users cannot edit posts after 1 hour, and it would involve me a) deciding that should be stickied and b) finding the time to update it all.

It's true. I did go to google in the end. It was just a happy thought to make each thread more easily navigable and better presented. Not worth it for all the extra aggro involved though!