• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Airport security

So we're off on a jolly but have you run the security gauntlet first.

As we're queuing for security we notice some RoPers including a couple fully hijabed up as part of security O.o

We then have queue like cattle and have to ditch some of our 100 ml decanted smellies because we now have fit them in a plastic bag too small to put a fucking sandwich in.

I mean WTF?

1 minute ago, JackieO said:

As we're queuing for security we notice some RoPers including a couple fully hijabed up as part of security O.o

We then have queue like cattle and have to ditch some of our 100 ml decanted smellies because we now have fit them in a plastic bag too small to put a fucking sandwich in.

I mean WTF?

Get your own hijab

33 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Kinda like this you mean?

DOjoJ3nXUAEdmeU.jpg

8 hours ago, JackieO said:

I mean WTF?

Could you not have just eaten the sandwich to make room for the smellies?

1 hour ago, Cunning Plan said:

Could you not have just eaten the sandwich to make room for the smellies?

Should have stuck it up my arse

The airport scanner belt thing has just ate my fucking passport.

I gathered my stuff as it emerged from the scanner and suddenly realized my passport was gone. The airport staff had to dismantle the machine and fish it out.

57 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

The airport scanner belt thing has just ate my fucking passport.

I gathered my stuff as it emerged from the scanner and suddenly realized my passport was gone. The airport staff had to dismantle the machine and fish it out.

I was surprised when I flew recently that they made me put my passport in the tray. I was specifically told that I had to, and yet I remember flying a couple of years back and being specifically told that I should keep it on me.

There only made of paper for fucks sake, and you're fucked if you lose it.

xD

Just now, SpectrumFX said:

I was surprised when I flew recently that they made me put my passport in the tray. I was specifically told that I had to, and yet I remember flying a couple of years back and being specifically told that I should keep it on me.

There only made of paper for fucks sake, and you're fucked if you lose it.

Aye I'm gonna be extra careful with mine in future. Near shat myself when I realized it had vanished.

I never take my watch off as it's expensive and I've never been told to. 

I did cause a wee stoppage at Edinburgh security on my last trip though. 

Had a wee phone charger mobile thing. Its in the shape of a mini can of lager and it's got a small lead attached to it to plug in your phone. 

Apparently looks just like a bomb xD

The bloke actually turned his screen around to show me and to be fair it did look dodgy as fuck.

He wasn't remotely bothered though so I was thinking afterwards what if it was a bomb ?!:ph34r:

I went through with three fountain pens; one of which had a hexagonal steel barrel.

The security guard had no idea what a fountain pen was and clearly thought they were weapons' parts like The Man with the Golden Gun until I showed him what they were.

36 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I went through with three fountain pens; one of which had a hexagonal steel barrel.

The security guard had no idea what a fountain pen was and clearly thought they were weapons' parts like The Man with the Golden Gun until I showed him what they were.

Was that a Rotring one. I seem to recall having one when I went through a fountain pen phase. I do quite miss them as an implement but I don't have any real cause to write at all these days so I try to avoid accumulating things there's no real possibility of actually using.

Airport security is one of those things that "enrichment" has brought us. We quite frankly wouldn't need airport security if it wasn't for the peaceful religion. It's interesting to note the different reactions of groups when they are inconvienced.

Muslims complain bitterly when they are tarred with the terrorist brush because "not all Muslims are terrorists". While white people dont complain about having to spend ages going through security at airports despite not being in the demographic that blows up planes.

37 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Was that a Rotring one. I seem to recall having one when I went through a fountain pen phase. I do quite miss them as an implement but I don't have any real cause to write at all these days so I try to avoid accumulating things there's no real possibility of actually using.

Yes it was, I think it was from a technical drawing kit.  I had been drawing some plans at the time.

3 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Airport security bods are a joke, they seemed to think my alarm clock was a bomb or something...

Ahmed_Mohamed_Clock_by_Irving_PD.jpg

If I was doing an electronics project at school, that's exactly how I would design an alarm clock.

13 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

If I was doing an electronics project at school, that's exactly how I would design an alarm clock.

It is quite easy to make a digital alarm clock.

Simply take a suitcase bomb, and remove the concealed explosives and detonator.

14 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

An alarm clock the size of a suitcase. That's a work of genius that is. Whoever designed it is really going places.