• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Lightening tonight

47 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Had three drops of rain all week.
Lots of storm clouds going by.. then it brightens up again.

Same in my neck of the woods. It’s currently very humid and oppressive so a good heavy rain shower plus thunderstorm would be welcome...to clear the air.

Also as a veg grower I welcome rain sometimes because IMO nothing wets the ground in a dry spell other than a good downpour.

Just now, Economic Exile said:

Same in my neck of the woods. It’s currently very humid and oppressive so a good heavy rain shower plus thunderstorm would be welcome...to clear the air.

Also as a veg grower I welcome rain sometimes because IMO nothing wets the ground in a dry spell other than a good downpour.

And it smells ruddy beautiful.

2 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

It's always oppressive in my neck of the woods. But that is Surrey for you.

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

It's always oppressive in my neck of the woods. But that is Surrey for you.

IMO, in general, day to day life in the uk IS oppressive for the majority.

I’m guessing that the snobs in Surrey are even worse than in Dumfries & Galloway?

Just a few days ago I had my annual gas boiler serviced by contract. Very nice bloke who turned up to do the job.

He had moved up here ten years ago from London to Castle Douglas. His major gripe was snobby folk...being local I found that very understandable! I gave him my thoughts.....oh well, you’re living in a nice area but never forget that the majority of land in Scotland is owned by a few folk. Plus well off retirees are drawn to this area so you are their serf!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Goat said:

Obviously all planned by TPTB as a way of controlling you.

Que?

What prompted that response to my weather comment?

Edited to add:- Probably because of the next comment I made in thread. Lucky you if you feel free and have numerous life choices. Well done you 👍🏻

Edited by Economic Exile

Just now, Goat said:

That is the received opinion around here isn't it? 

Everything is manipulated by TPTB to suit their own agenda, nothing is ever down to chance, co-incidence or pure incompetence, it's all part of the lizard masterplan, even the weather.

Well seen you haven’t read a lot of my posts. My basic life view is that everything is down to chance.

Who mentioned lizards? Not me!

16 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

One thunder thing heard just now in BB4. First this evening. About 7 or 8 miles away I reckon.

Seems all the action is the wrong side of the pennies! Getting darker clouds here now though.

Up north Jockland has been roasting for over a week. 27c most days. 

I'm up in Aviemore tomorrow for a run but it's at lunch and looking like 23c , humid and thunderstorms. O.o

I will be sweating like a beast. 

58 minutes ago, Goat said:

That is the received opinion around here isn't it? 

Everything is manipulated by TPTB to suit their own agenda, nothing is ever down to chance, co-incidence or pure incompetence, it's all part of the lizard masterplan, even the weather.

Is this post some sort of attempt to manipulate me!

:PissedOff:

xD

2 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

had rain now bu not a lot

Sinuses torturing me for the past 48 hours. Had a very short downpour last night around midnight but nothing since. Supposedly the country is going to be like some sci fi apocalypse this weekend.... communications down... millions hit by lightning.... everyone else turned into a zombie.... and triffids...