• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

World Cup Sweepstake anyone?

No prizes, just adding a bit of interest.  I smugly have Belgium in the works' one.

There are thirty two teams, and most of them are quite frankly rubbish who will go out in the group stages.  I have numbered them in what I think is a random fashion so if anyone would care to start the ball rolling by picking a number I will tell you your team.

If we get that far I will take the last team left unpicked.

I think I should have used a bigger piece of paper.

Brazil Germany France Spain Argentina Belgium are the favourites in that order.

If more than one person picks the same number then whoever's post appears first is allocated it, and I'm ignoring any choices beyond the 31st as I'm having the 32nd! (in order, not necessarily number 32 though there is a one in 32 chance that it could be).

I take it as read that some people can't stand football / Wayne Rooney on £300k a week / the England team is rubbish (ok, I'll give you that) etc.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Is Mexico, not bad.

I'm afraid is Saudi Arabia.

Oh well you get what you get :) 

Going to be quite a battle between the Columbians and the Russians I think. Brazillians have disappointed in recent World Cups. The Russians are on their home turf and national pride I think will make them shake their bottoms, wear extra tight clothing and bask in the Russian sunshine in revealing shorts and bikinis.

I am talking about the female fans of course. No idea who will win the ball kicking thing - hang on, same thing isn't it?

9 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

33 - tournament abandoned due to Putin meddling.

I did hope we might take the moral high ground after the Winchester poisoning and withdraw to save us from the impending humiliation.

I did hope we might take the moral high ground after the Winchester poisoning and withdraw to save us from the impending humiliation.

I was desperately hoping that you would stay in for the very same reason. xD

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I was desperately hoping that you would stay in for the very same reason. xD

Go on pick a number, you might get Wales, no hang on can't see them, must be my handwriting :P

Ah Mrs Doyle!

Colombia

Might get beyond the group stages.

This is destiny. Short short Heaven. I will follow the Columbia lady supporters to Neath and back. Maybe as far as Bridgend.