• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

TheBlueCat

Italy to act on illegal immigration?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-03/good-times-illegals-over-get-ready-pack-your-bags-italys-new-interior-minister

Italy's new interior minister Matteo Salvini said in a Saturday rally that "the good times for illegals is over - get ready to pack your bags," adding "Countries need to start doing their job and no more smugglers should be docking in Italian ports," a not-so veiled jab at NGOs organizing rescues at sea. 

All mouth and no trousers, or will he follow through?

Slovenia joins the party.

The anti-immigrant Slovenian Democratic Party (SDS) has emerged as the largest party in Slovenia's general election.

With nearly all votes counted SDS had 25% of the vote, officials said. The centre-left anti-establishment LMS party came second with 12.7%.

Analysts say SDS may find it difficult to form a coalition.

The poll was called in March after centre-left PM Miro Cerar quit amid strikes, coalition wrangling and a damaging Supreme Court ruling.

The SDS is led by former PM Janez Jansa, who has been a vocal supporter of Hungary's nationalist Prime Minister Viktor Orban.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44349007

This also has a cumulative effect; the more there are EU countries like Italy, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, maybe Spain refusing to take in immigranst the more they get concentrated into the soft countries thus creating a massive burden upon their finances and a huge backlash against the open borders scummers.

The times they are a changing.

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

Sometimes you don't need to know all the details of a subject before knowing which side is wrong.  You just look at the supporters of both sides, and I suggest that if you see:

Blair

Soros

Clinton

Geldof

Lily Allen

on one side, the other side is the morally and logically right one 99% of the time.  Maybe I can create a new label?  "Wherebees Law"?

As a principle, I hate this, as I believe all arguments should be listened to independent of who is delivering them.  But I can't actually think of any cases where it's been wrong. Blair in Northern Ireland maybe? (though he was just continuing Major's work) 

Soros is surely some kind of demonic being intended to foment strife and war on the earth.  Like the character Crowley in Pratchett/Gaiman's "Good Omens" but instead of becoming more human over time he's becoming more evil.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

As a principle, I hate this, as I believe all arguments should be listened to independent of who is delivering them.  But I can't actually think of any cases where it's been wrong. Blair in Northern Ireland maybe? (though he was just continuing Major's work) 

Soros is surely some kind of demonic being intended to foment strife and war on the earth.  Like the character Crowley in Pratchett/Gaiman's "Good Omens" but instead of becoming more human over time he's becoming more evil.

I agree as a principle but the people on that list don't use arguments they use sound bites, lies, insults, underhand funding and other similar types of dodginess and in addition they and their followers never listen to a real point of argument.

Edited by twocents

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Soros is surely some kind of demonic being intended to foment strife and war on the earth.  

I've been meaning to start a good v evil thread.

I think many atheists and agnostics can't get their head around the momentous struggle between God and the evil one.

Edited by JackieO

38 minutes ago, JackieO said:

I've been meaning to start a good value evil thread.

I think many atheists and agnostics can't get their head around the momentous struggle between God and the evil one.

I suppose I'm unusual in being both an atheist (hate the word but will use it for brevity purposes) and absolutely believing in evil as a tangible thing.

8 minutes ago, eight said:

I suppose I'm unusual in being both an atheist (hate the word but will use it for brevity purposes) and absolutely believing in evil as a tangible thing.

Me too.

I've smelt my bedroom after a night on the Guinness and brussel sprouts.

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, instant deportation is the only "language" the migrants will understand. Being nice with them just means more and more will come. It's disappointing this has been going on for three years and it's only now that the political class seem to grasp what has to be done. It's like being a kid at a a pantomime shouting out "he's behind you" when the pantomime villain is creeping about a fake tree. However we shout at the telly "FUCKING DEPORT THEM AND THEY WILL STOP COMING". 

Agree but I think you have the timeline wrong, it’s been going on for years. Just ramped up more in the more recent years. 

3 hours ago, One percent said:

Agree but I think you have the timeline wrong, it’s been going on for years. Just ramped up more in the more recent years. 

I can remember when I was in Rome in 1997 and there were a significant amount of illegal African immigrants around then.

10 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Let me guess...they are going on strike

xD

no I think they are worried about the impact on tourism. They are turfing them out of the scenic parts 

8 hours ago, wherebee said:

Sometimes you don't need to know all the details of a subject before knowing which side is wrong.  You just look at the supporters of both sides, and I suggest that if you see:

Blair

Soros

Clinton

Geldof

Lily Allen

Bob Geldof

2 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

I can remember when I was in Rome in 1997 and there were a significant amount of illegal African immigrants around then.

Was in Naples last month, the place is heaving with them. 20 years ago they much smaller in number compared to now. I hope the Italians do something but I don't hold out much hope to be honest.

9 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

Until recently- ;lets say 10 years - youd get concentration of Africans i n the tourist areas.

And the major roads used to have Nigerian prozzies on the.

Today, there's 1000s of Africans everywhere - residential areas, so thats why they are complnaining.

And rather than begging hassling tourists. they are being an extreme nuisance to residents.

They’ll all end up at Calais again if Italy turns genuinely hostile. Many of them, at any rate. Then they’ll be used as a Brexit negotiating tool, and Treason May will give in as she always does, seems to have no clue about negotiating with anyone, and will bring them all to the UK. 

11 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

They’ll all end up at Calais again if Italy turns genuinely hostile. Many of them, at any rate. Then they’ll be used as a Brexit negotiating tool, and Treason May will give in as she always does, seems to have no clue about negotiating with anyone, and will bring them all to the UK. 

I really fail to see how the Calais problem is made out to be our problem. It is France’s to own. 

There is 26 miles of sea to act as a barrier. Just charge massive amounts in fines to any of the carriers who let any slip through. Throw in jail for a long time anyone trying to smuggle anyone is.