• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

TheBlueCat

Italy to act on illegal immigration?

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, twocents said:

This one?

In Denmark, Harsh New Laws for Immigrant ‘Ghettos’

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/world/europe/denmark-immigrant-ghettos.html#commentsContainer

.

merlin_140049396_8a986dc7-2bda-4927-a6ae-88fe421d1be3-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

Mjolnerparken is, by the numbers, one of Denmark’s worst ghettos: 43 percent of its residents are unemployed, 82 percent come from “non-Western backgrounds,” 53 percent have scant education and 51 percent have relatively low earnings.CreditMauricio Lima for The New York Times

 

From the NYT article.  That's a Danish ghetto.  The buildings etc put the best parts of London and a lot of the rest of the UK to shame.

Superb article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

BBC Newsnight - 21 June 2018

Presenter - Kirsty Wark

David Miliband - President of The International Rescue Committee

" I don't think it needs to sink the EU and I don't think it will sink the EU.

I also think it's really important to remember that what you call illegal immigration is simply people exercising their legal right to claim asylum.

You are repeating what President Trump says here in the United States, where he describes anybody that crosses the border without documents as..."

Kirsty interrupts 9_9

" The arrival of so far this year, 41,000 people, should not in policy terms bring down the European Union. "

No. 

Look, there's a simple truth here, which is that that's batshit baloney again.  Illegal immigration has a definition.  Of course illegal immigrants don't like the adjective illegal. 

I think few people object to genuine refugees and genuine asylum seekers as officially defined.

Quote

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration

Illegal immigration is the illegal entry of a person or a group of persons across a country's border, in a way that violates the immigration laws of the destination country, with the intention to remain in the country, as well as people who remain living in another country when they do not have the legal right to do so.

 

 

He really should know better especially as he's President & CEO of the International Rescue Committee.  He clearly has a strong VI in all of this and it's shameful that he doesn't know what an illegal immigrant is or intends to mislead about it.

 

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2018 at 09:53, Great Guy said:

I used to give money to third world charities. However I now think it's morally wrong to feed people in areas of the world that can't support huge human populations. We've been sending money to Africa for the last century and nothing really seems to make a huge difference. Anything we send them just makes them breed more and does nothing to improve living standards.

100million taken in.  100 million newborns to replace them.  back to square 1.  Nature has a cure for this, and it aint pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

BBC Newsnight - 21 June 2018

Presenter - Kirsty Wark

David Miliband - President of The International Rescue Committee

" I don't think it needs to sink the EU and I don't think it will sink the EU.

I also think it's really important to remember that what you call illegal immigration is simply people exercising their legal right to claim asylum.

You are repeating what President Trump says here in the United States, where he describes anybody that crosses the border without documents as..."

Kirsty interrupts 9_9

" The arrival of so far this year, 41,000 people, should not in policy terms bring down the European Union. "

 

I don't believe a word he says on immigration especially on the numbers. 

He was an MP during the days of Blair's NuLabour when they lied through their teeth every year to the British people about the British immigration figures. 

Just recently and in one day alone there were claims from some sources of 2000 arriving in Spain from NGO boats - say just 2000 a week totals about 50,000 just from that one source alone.

 

Quote

 

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BLOOLOO said:

100million taken in.  100 million newborns to replace them.  back to square 1.  Nature has a cure for this, and it aint pretty.

 

If you transpose a sizeable number of those people from those parts of the world to a small island that has not been able to grown enough to feed itself for over a 100 years then what, in time, is the inevitable outcome for the people in that country?

With what is happening re BREXIT it is not beyond possibilities, albeit unlikely, that we could have some kind of sudden crisis that results in the importation of foodstuffs becoming delayed or even prohibitively expensive.

2 minutes ago, twocents said:

 

I don't believe a word he says on immigration especially on the numbers. 

He was an MP during the days of Blair's NuLabour when they lied through their teeth every year to the British people about the British immigration figures. 

Just recently and in one day alone there were claims from some sources of 2000 arriving in Spain from NGO boats - say just 2000 a week totals about 50,000 just from that one source alone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Miliband

 

Not only did they admit to it but there was no shame when they admitted that they had lied to the British people about the migration into the UK during the Blair / Brown years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Superb article.

Better comments.

 

12 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

If you transpose a sizeable number of those people from those parts of the world to a small island that has not been able to grown enough to feed itself for over a 100 years then what, in time, is the inevitable outcome for the people in that country?

With what is happening re BREXIT it is not beyond possibilities, albeit unlikely, that we could have some kind of sudden crisis that results in the importation of foodstuffs becoming delayed or even prohibitively expensive.

 

Not only did they admit to it but there was no shame when they admitted that they had lied to the British people about the migration into the UK during the Blair / Brown years.

Maybe the plan is to eat the EEers and muzzers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

If you transpose a sizeable number of those people from those parts of the world to a small island that has not been able to grown enough to feed itself for over a 100 years then what, in time, is the inevitable outcome for the people in that country?

With what is happening re BREXIT it is not beyond possibilities, albeit unlikely, that we could have some kind of sudden crisis that results in the importation of foodstuffs becoming delayed or even prohibitively expensive.

 

Not only did they admit to it but there was no shame when they admitted that they had lied to the British people about the migration into the UK during the Blair / Brown years.

see how fast CO2 shortage escalated, imagine that on something really essential and over an indeterminate period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

see how fast CO2 shortage escalated, imagine that on something really essential and over an indeterminate period.

 

Good point. Was that an actual thing or was it just a no news Summer news story? I didn't take much notice of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:
30 Jun 2018

Lesbos: Dealing with a migrant crisis

Jon-Snow.jpgJon SnowPresenter

60 migrants have been rescued from the sea near Libya by a Spanish aid boat – after they were spotted in a patched up rubber dinghy. But Italy’s hard line interior minister immediately declared he’d refuse permission for them to land there – saying “they can forget about arriving in an Italian port”. A hundred migrants – including three babies – are feared to have drowned yesterday on just one of the vessels attempting the risky journey to Europe, some of them heading for the Greek islands where overcrowded camps are struggling to cope. Jon Snow is in Lesbos.

 

As usual he will not ask the right questions. He uses the way we helped smaller numbers of people from their plight in the past as a way of blaming us for not doing the same for larger numbers now, despite their home countries failure to improve the lifestyle of their people. It is not us to blame.

We all feel sorry for the individuals concerned, we have sympathy for their plight, we wish the conditions they lived in in their home countries were better, we wish they had comfortable lives in their home countries free from persecution, terror, hunger and violence.

Do we have an obligation to take them in, feed them clothe them, employ them, educate them, treat them when they are ill, give them money so they can enjoy the same lifestyle we and our forebears have toiled to create. Even if the answer is yes we do, how many can we provide for, we cant provide for everyone who wants to enjoy our lifestyle even if they are prepared to adopt to our ways and work harder than we do. There is a limit, I don't know what it is. I do know that tensions are building and allowing more and more people into our countries is not easing those tensions nor causing their home countries to address the reasons and causes for their people to want to leave.

Their problems should not be our problems and we cannot solve them for them. When we have tried we get blamed for exacerbating their problems we freed Iraq from a despot and made their problems worse, we freed Libya from a tyrant and made their problems worse. We need to reassess our priorities and put our needs above theirs. We can and do lead by example, they would do well to follow.

Edited by sleepwello'nights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Miliband really should know better especially as he's President & CEO of the International Rescue Committee.  He clearly has a strong VI in all of this and it's shameful that he doesn't know what an illegal immigrant officially is or even maybe intended to mislead about it on national tv. 

I expect in his position his organisation has at least some connection with the NGO boat organisations even if just loose connections and perhaps no direct involvement.  That's the NGO organisations reported to be funded by Soros organisations.  It must be embarrassing for him to be maybe associated with organisations reported to be illegal people smuggling - and who knows what other contraband (hard drugs, armaments, terrorists, sex trafficking etc?) might be smuggled at the same time under cover of illegal people smuggling. 

No wonder he has a dislike of the word illegal in that connection - even when the word is correctly used.

 

 

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, twocents said:

Miliband really should know better especially as he's President & CEO of the International Rescue Committee.  He clearly has a strong VI in all of this and it's shameful that he doesn't know what an illegal immigrant officially is or even maybe intended to mislead about it on national tv. 

I expect in his position his organisation has at least some connection with the NGO boat organisations even if just loose connections and perhaps no direct involvement.  That's the NGO organisations reported to be funded by Soros organisations.  It must be embarrassing for him to be maybe associated with organisations reported to be illegal people smuggling - and who knows what other contraband (hard drugs, armaments, terrorists, sex trafficking etc?) might be smuggled at the same time under cover of illegal people smuggling. 

No wonder he has a dislike of the word illegal in that connection - even when the word is correctly used.

 

 

 

I would be highly surprised if that thought had even crossed his mind briefly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

As usual he will not ask the right questions. He uses the way we helped smaller numbers of people form their plight in the past as a way of blaming us for not doing the same for larger numbers now, despite their home countries failure to improve the lifestyle of their people. It is not us to blame.

We all feel sorry for the individuals concerned, we have sympathy for their plight, we wish the conditions they lived in in their home countries were better, we wish they had comfortable lives in their home countries free from persecution, terror, hunger and violence.

Do we have an obligation to take them in, feed them clothe them, employ them, educate them, treat them when they are ill, give them money so they can enjoy the same lifestyle we and our forebears have toiled to create. Even if the answer is yes we do, how many can we provide for, we cant provide for everyone who wants to enjoy our lifestyle even if they are prepared to adopt to our ways and work harder than we do. There is a limit, I don't know what it is. I do know that tensions are building and allowing more and more people into our countries is not easing those tensions nor causing their home countries to address the reasons and causes for their people to want to leave.

Their problems should not be our problems and we cannot solve them for them. When we have tried we get blamed for exacerbating their problems we freed Iraq from a despot and made their problems worse, we freed Libya from a tyrant and made their problems worse. We need to reassess our priorities and put our needs above theirs. We can and do lead by example, they would do well to follow.

 

I think his whole argument totally collapses immediately you find out that the total number of Kindertransport children was about 10,000 people and the eu was getting more than twice that amount maybe every week and with no guarantee of mass immigration significantly diminishing anytime soon. 

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

I would be highly surprised if that thought had even crossed his mind briefly.

Fair point ;) although I meant politically rather than at a personal level.  Being found out to be involved in illegal stuff does still have its risk of political consequences

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

Good point. Was that an actual thing or was it just a no news Summer news story? I didn't take much notice of it.

apparently forced asda to start rationing fizzy drinks. And almost set slaughter houses to halal mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

How did this shortage suddenly end? Did a tanker arrive full of CO2 or what?

some bullshit here ; https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/22/caused-uks-carbon-dioxide-shortage/

Its probably a conspiracy by the EU to knacker the great british spirit,  but they have failed because the brits are made of sterner stuff and have managed to overcome their CO2 shortages by simply using mud to replace all CO2 applications, just like they did in the blitz and food rationing, they simply replaced anything missing with mud.

Ive no idea really, ive been nearly comatose for at least 10 years now and everything just flies straight over my head, especially mainstream news/hysteria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

The comparisons with the Kindertransport are a filthy piece of propaganda

There maybe quite a lot to dislike about the current state of Israel or whatever but the Holocaust (and similar) is sacred.  It is not to be defiled in this way.  Yes, things are reportedly very bad in some places but that does not give anyone on a boat, economic migrants and others more deserving, a free pass.  To invoke the Holocaust says a lot....

Edited by No Duff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think when they misleadingly say that Britain is a nation of immigrants they really mean that Parliament is an assembly of immigrants.

That piece on the kindertransport is the giddy limit.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No Duff said:

There maybe quite a lot to dislike about the current state of Israel or whatever but the Holocaust (and similar) is sacred.  It is not to be defiled in this way.  Yes, things are reportedly very bad in some places but that does not give anyone on a boat, economic migrants and others more deserving, a free pass.  To invoke the Holocaust says a lot....

More or less. I think the Holocaust is still sacred because it pre-dates the setting up of the state of Israel (even though the Jewish population in British Palestine grew steadily throughout the 1930s and Zionism has been around since,  I think, the 1890s or so). Killing of Jews after 1948 seems to be more acceptable in some sections of modern liberal opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

More or less. I think the Holocaust is still sacred because it pre-dates the setting up of the state of Israel (even though the Jewish population in British Palestine grew steadily throughout the 1930s and Zionism has been around since,  I think, the 1890s or so). Killing of Jews after 1948 seems to be more acceptable in some sections of modern liberal opinion. 

Agreed.  Bosnia was not nice, nor was Rwanda or Liberia.  And many others.  But the calculated and industrialised slaughter of millions verses this current situation?  You quote a strange liberal but these are strange times indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

More or less. I think the Holocaust is still sacred because it pre-dates the setting up of the state of Israel (even though the Jewish population in British Palestine grew steadily throughout the 1930s and Zionism has been around since,  I think, the 1890s or so). Killing of Jews after 1948 seems to be more acceptable in some sections of modern liberal opinion. 

Holocaust as it was a state targetting a group.

Rwanda, Yugo, and Syria, etc were civil wars, which are pretty nasty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.