• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
whocares

Love Island - on ITV2 now

It's a bit like "Big Brother", isn't it? Watching it on TV (ep 1 of new series) now. So far girls in bikinis & high heels arriving and knocking back back the fizz. (Guess the guys arrive later on?)  Expecting this is going to be an interesting scientific study on the psychology of attractive humans and their mating habits. (And a bit cringey.)

Anyone else watching so we can swap comments?  They all want "tall dark and handsome" and seem to have been recenlty rejected. (So quite vain and a bit needy?!)  FYI, I am starting with very low expectations, so it can only surprise me in a positive way! :D  

3 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

I think all the blokes are repressing homosexual tendencies evidenced by all the months they have spent "pumping iron" in the gym. 

All the blokes in the first series (I watched the first episode) were on steroids. One of them had very noticeable bitch-tits. 

11 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

I think all the blokes are repressing homosexual tendencies evidenced by all the months they have spent "pumping iron" in the gym. 

They do seem a bit girly.

Who watches this shit? It's the Roman Empire, entertaining the masses to keep them compliant. There were a couple of dead brains at work discussing how much they were looking forward to it today. Still it's ITV so I'm not funding it through the licence fee.

Posted (edited)

It is voyeurism -- I suppose it is fine, but be aware of what they're making you into.

[which is a voyeur -- that is, content through experiencing life through the eyes of others rather than for oneself]

Edited by dgul

12 minutes ago, dgul said:

It is voyeurism -- I suppose it is fine, but be aware of what they're making you into.

[which is a voyeur -- that is, content through experiencing life through the eyes of others rather than for oneself]

I agree - embarrassed on their behalf. But also weirdly drawn to observe them - like watching a wild life pgm. 

Married at 1st sight (if you have watched that pgm) seemed moa bit re rational than this, which is flirting/narcissim on a grand scale! But clearly not great results from either format.

Left feeling a bit sorry/awkward for them so far. (And thinking if these are best looking ppl they could fine, there's still hope for the rest of us!) 

20 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Is this Digital Spy forums or Dosbods? :Old:

Relevant research re our core subject ... ie DOSBOD?

Posted (edited)

I don't normally watch Love Island (R) with the exception of today's debuts. Good education though if you peel away those layers (I'm feeling so deep, onions - where did this come from ;) ) what I saw were a handful of average looking ladies who'd mastered the art of make-up and make-up contouring calling the shots on five men, all wanting the same (media insta📷  conditioning) hot guy and ruling out the only person worth his salt whose still good looking and happens to be an A&E doctor. Obviously his sexual market value climbed after they learned his occuputation... stick a rocket up his arse says one and she'll probably fuck his brains out live on national tv she didn't say (but likely will) play it cool Rodney.

The sad thing about these young burds is that they'll keep their standards Chadtastically high for at least the next 10-15 years and everyone in between being a Chad or a Doctor is fishing in a very, very small pool. 

I'd be more interested in a 7+ follow-up o these women at 28, 35 and 42 now that'd be worth watching.

edit: they were all in good shape credit to them.

Edited by longtomsilver

27 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

I don't normally watch Love Island (R) with the exception of today's debuts. Good education though if you peel away those layers (I'm feeling so deep, onions - where did this come from ;) ) what I saw were a handful of average looking ladies who'd mastered the art of make-up and make-up contouring calling the shots on five men, all wanting the same (media insta📷  conditioning) hot guy and ruling out the only person worth his salt whose still good looking and happens to be an A&E doctor. Obviously his sexual market value climbed after they learned his occuputation... stick a rocket up his arse says one and she'll probably fuck his brains out live on national tv she didn't say (but likely will) play it cool Rodney.

The sad thing about these young burds is that they'll keep their standards Chadtastically high for at least the next 10-15 years and everyone in between being a Chad or a Doctor is fishing in a very, very small pool. 

I'd be more interested in a 7+ follow-up o these women at 28, 35 and 42 now that'd be worth watching.

edit: they were all in good shape credit to them.

Thats where Incels come in

Well, they all felt like losers to me ... good looking but only in a very superficial/artificial way, and not that clever. (Cos even the A&E loses marks for wanting to go on such a TV pgm!)  But fair enough, at least there were no fatties?!

On 03/06/2018 at 21:53, One percent said:

A play on pride and prejudice. 

7 hours ago, whocares said:

Well, they all felt like losers to me ... good looking but only in a very superficial/artificial way, and not that clever. (Cos even the A&E loses marks for wanting to go on such a TV pgm!)  But fair enough, at least there were no fatties?!

Watched this last night with the missus & my daughter.  I thought it would actually be better with a few "normal" fatties lifted out of a pub somewhere

I'm not happy that this has replaced 'Family Guy' in this timeslot. Televisual opioid to distract simpletons from what really is going on in the world.

Mind, FG has now jumped the shark.

I turned on the TV for the first time in a week last night. 

Lasted about five minutes before turning it off again. My TV is used almost exclusively for streaming movies occasionally and that's it.

As for Love Island, people voluntarily watch this shit?

10 hours ago, whocares said:

like watching a wild life pgm.

This. But a very depressing one.

Not quite enough to make you yearn for a catastophic extinction event, but enough that should one occur you'd accept that we probably deserved it.

9 hours ago, whocares said:

If you're a young man with his shit together, good job, hobbies, car, house, eat well, exercise etc but you don't have Chad tier looks, so your dating life is non-existent, you'd probably feel like a loser.

Yeah don't understand that doctor going on. I don't watch that degenerate rubbish by the way.

49 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Anyone who watches ITV2 willingly should be gassed. xD

I only watch it for Family Guy. But yes the other content looks pretty low grade.

3 hours ago, sukuinage said:

Watched this last night with the missus & my daughter.  I thought it would actually be better with a few "normal" fatties lifted out of a pub somewhere

Crueller but yes, marginally more interesting!

1 hour ago, gibbon said:

If you're a young man with his shit together, good job, hobbies, car, house, eat well, exercise etc but you don't have Chad tier looks, so your dating life is non-existent, you'd probably feel like a loser.

Yeah don't understand that doctor going on. I don't watch that degenerate rubbish by the way.

The doc (and probably the whole lot of them) must be doing it for the "fame/other TV opportunties" angle. They might be all "good looking" but I think anyone with a half decent IQ or interests outside of preening oneself wouldn't be that interested in more than a ONS with any of them. (The doc is just embarrassing himself in there!)

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Anyone who watches ITV2 willingly should be gassed. xD

It's my 1st offence M'lud ... think I should be given a 2nd chance to redeem myself!  (If I promise never to watch it again.)