DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come.

DurhamBorn

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
On 26/03/2019 at 04:24, DurhamBorn said:

Classic Kaplan right there,

"The ratio of housing prices to average household incomes has been 3:1 for millennia and accurately tells you not only what a house cost a century ago but also what Julius Caesar would have paid for his Roman pad.Going from 9:1 to 3:1 is going to be very painful since housing owners today, just like those in several U.S. states in 2006 or Japan in 1989, are not prepared to see their house lose over half of its value. And that is assuming that prices don't go below fair value."

Thanks @DurhamBorn for the above...worthy of a REPRINT!:Jumping:

With headlines like below ...hopefully we' on our way back to 3:1 ...in RECORD Time!

"London property market suffers WORST rate of DECLINE in a decade"

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/london-property-market-suffers-worst-rate-decline-decade-081638416.html

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sound Money
1 hour ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

Thanks @DurhamBorn for the above...worthy of a REPRINT!:Jumping:

With headlines like below ...hopefully we' on our way back to 3:1 ...in RECORD Time!

"London property market suffers WORST rate of DECLINE in a decade"

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/london-property-market-suffers-worst-rate-decline-decade-081638416.html

Eric? Is that you? 😁

On 29/03/2019 at 20:03, stokiescum said:

Well greed brought Scotland hundreds of years of servitude to England so that’s a lesson learnt I think btl is toast has well I’m just wondering how they will try and punish those who own a second home outright and rent the other out .at the moment the safest way of making your house pay for itself spears to be lodgers .

Did they?

It was Scottish banks that caused UKS problems in 2007 - HBOS + RBS.

No lesson learnt. Ever.

Bail out cost of HBOS + RBS means every drop of North Sea oil that Scotland ever eanred ouught tobe going to English tax payers

10 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

@DurhamBorn @Yellow_Reduced_Sticker

The Scottish government want to ban yellow sticker deals - from today’s Sunday Post:

E197BF6F-D6D0-4BB7-B9FD-BDA187CCE9F2.thumb.jpeg.20144b2272a3803c3a8c460ba978733c.jpeg

Edit: looks like they are only aiming it at unhealthy foods, but that probably includes meat!

That's just crazy!  What's their next suggestion - just cull poor people?

Chewing Grass
17 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

Trust the Scottish to vote for a 'Nationalist' party that's full of self-righteous, middle class/metropolitan, know it all, joyless twatts even worse than the labour party because they have an issue with being 'Scottish'.

Turkey's obviously do vote for Xmas.

Gobble, gobble, gobble.

One percent
11 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Trust the Scottish to vote for a 'Nationalist' party that's full of self-righteous, middle class/metropolitan, know it all, joyless twatts even worse than the labour party because they have an issue with being 'Scottish'.

Turkey's obviously do vote for Xmas.

Gobble, gobble, gobble.

Are you sure?  I thought is was mainly a muslim country. o.O

5 hours ago, spygirl 🏆 said:

Did they?

It was Scottish banks that caused UKS problems in 2007 - HBOS + RBS.

No lesson learnt. Ever.

Bail out cost of HBOS + RBS means every drop of North Sea oil that Scotland ever eanred ouught tobe going to English tax payers

Yes Scotland decided to create an empire by copying what the English were doing ie sending colonies out in boats it bankrupted them 

2 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

Utter madness I’ve just caught my lodger throwing this away it cost him 2 quid it goes out of date at midnight so I’ve had it

700AD994-2FEF-4EC0-8130-A322A9FE7740.jpeg

17 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Utter madness I’ve just caught my lodger throwing this away it cost him 2 quid it goes out of date at midnight so I’ve had it

700AD994-2FEF-4EC0-8130-A322A9FE7740.jpeg

looks like it belongs in a bin though

Bricks & Mortar

49 minutes ago, stokiescum said:
6 hours ago, spygirl 🏆 said:

Yes Scotland decided to create an empire by copying what the English were doing ie sending colonies out in boats it bankrupted them  

" To its supporters, the Union seemed vital to Scotland’s economic survival, with its provisions for free trade and navigation and its payment of £398,000 (known as ‘the Equivalent’) as compensation for Darien and to support Scottish industries"
" The men appointed to distribute the compensation money were known as Commissioners of the Equivalent. They set up in the Company of Scotland’s old offices in Milne's Close, Edinburgh. Only part of the Equivalent had been paid in cash; the rest was issued to creditors in the form of debentures. Two societies of debenture-holders were formed – one in Edinburgh and one in London – but in 1724 these two united to create the Equivalent Company. Three years later this company sought a royal charter to allow it to offer banking services outside its own membership. When the charter was granted, the new bank it created was the Royal Bank of Scotland. "

https://www.rbs.com/heritage/companies/company-of-scotland-trading-to-africa-and-the-indies.html

Bobthebuilder
1 hour ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Onions are healthy

Mmmmh cheese and onion for free.

My wife has a friend who gives all her stuff away at work that is going out of date. This weekend we got onions as she will buy some fresh ones on Monday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47766134

"Mr McDonnell would also establish a £250bn National Investment Bank and network of Regional Development Banks to invest small business, infrastructure and green technologies"

This is where the wind is blowing,direct investment into the economy.Hopefully it wont be Labour doing it,(at least this Labour front bench),but Tories will need similar soon.

On 29/03/2019 at 20:03, stokiescum said:

Well greed brought Scotland hundreds of years of servitude to England so that’s a lesson learnt I think btl is toast has well I’m just wondering how they will try and punish those who own a second home outright and rent the other out .at the moment the safest way of making your house pay for itself spears to be lodgers .

My partner rents her rooms out to lodgers up to the rent a room tax allowance limit (two lodgers).Great deal for her and them.They pay £320 a month all bills included.I advised her to do that instead of rent the whole house out as a let.She got one tosser but i slung him out,the rest have been mostly people where something went wrong,relationship etc and they tend to stay around a year while they get back on their feet.

2 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

My partner rents her rooms out to lodgers up to the rent a room tax allowance limit (two lodgers).Great deal for her and them.They pay £320 a month all bills included.I advised her to do that instead of rent the whole house out as a let.She got one tosser but i slung him out,the rest have been mostly people where something went wrong,relationship etc and they tend to stay around a year while they get back on their feet.

Lodgers have little protection so there’s a limit to how far they can push there luck

leonardratso
Just now, stokiescum said:

Lodgers have little protection so there’s a limit to how far they can push there luck

on average i reckon the normal person is probably fine to get along with, its just the outliers that are cunts.

UnconventionalWisdom
20 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

This is where the wind is blowing,direct investment into the economy.

I really can't see any other way out if we get a recession. They can't print and give to the banks to inflate house prices and stocks further causing less money in the real economy and they can't lower interest rates. 

Well done on predicting this years ago. Be interesting to to how it pans out

StrugglingMillennial

It cant come soon enough, call me selfish but i will rejoice at the chance of seeing house prices being smashed to oblivion.

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
21 hours ago, Sound Money said:

Eric? Is that you? 😁

Do you mean that Eric pebble guy at TOS who keeps post them: LIAR LOANS  ...videos?

NO...hes a lightweight nutter...I'm an old FULL- ON Lunatic :o:Old:xD

10 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Very true, if they mess you around there is no requirement for a notice period...they can be asked to pack and leave...no need for expensive/tiresome court action or worry about illegal eviction...i think this is why some people let out a house where they have their `office`

1 hour ago, MrXxx said:

Very true, if they mess you around there is no requirement for a notice period...they can be asked to pack and leave...no need for expensive/tiresome court action or worry about illegal eviction...i think this is why some people let out a house where they have their `office`

Didn’t realize you could do that 

Noallegiance
11 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47766134

"Mr McDonnell would also establish a £250bn National Investment Bank and network of Regional Development Banks to invest small business, infrastructure and green technologies"

This is where the wind is blowing,direct investment into the economy.Hopefully it wont be Labour doing it,(at least this Labour front bench),but Tories will need similar soon.

The more I see this kind of thing supporting your outlook, the more it makes me realise - these fuckers know what's happened, they know what they've collectively done, and they know what's coming.

Lightscribe

My daughters birthday is this week, she likes unicorns so I’ve got her this 10oz Queens Beast coin which she wanted.

Certainly better than plastic shit that will never get played with and will eventually go in the bin. For Christmas she requested a children’s metal detector so she can with me whenever we go down to the beach in the holidays.

Think she takes after me.

184BF319-CF0A-4037-9B6C-C72CC159B806.png

Democorruptcy
19 hours ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

I really can't see any other way out if we get a recession. They can't print and give to the banks to inflate house prices and stocks further causing less money in the real economy and they can't lower interest rates. 

Well done on predicting this years ago. Be interesting to to how it pans out

Why can't we lower interest rates? Though it's very unlikely we lower them as much as the US will.

Also if they can print for the economy apart from banks, why won't that add to wage increases? Wage increases enables people to borrow more.

Archived