DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come.

DurhamBorn

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
Thread gone very QUITE at the mo...

Anyway just saw this video and thought I'd post it as the beginning is HILARIOUS...has a dude hiding GOLD & Silver bars under the floorboards!:ph34r:

Made me think of some of the guys on this thread, MAYBE its @DurhamBorn... hiding GOLD & Silver bars under his floorboards!...ONLY kidding mate!xD

"Economic Collapse News - Housing Prices Drop Like It's 2008 Continued!"

Agent ZigZag

ISA and SIPP getting battered at the moment with more red lights that the reeperbahn.

I dont really know what to make of this market or how to properly read in to it, certainly not for the faint hearted.

My ISA allocation is staying in cash until further clarity and direction can be seen 

leonardratso

yes, ive stopped paying in as well, looks complete shite my portfolio, except for mutual funds which are powering ahead and bitcoin which refuses to die. Gold etc looking rather poorly,hehe, cna? dont even mention it.

8 hours ago, leonardratso said:

yes, ive stopped paying in as well, looks complete shite my portfolio, except for mutual funds which are powering ahead and bitcoin which refuses to die. Gold etc looking rather poorly,hehe, cna? dont even mention it.

CNA is a proper falling knife, im sure it will turn around eventually but its a bit of a gamble when that is.

leonardratso
17 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

CNA is a proper falling knife, im sure it will turn around eventually but its a bit of a gamble when that is.

looks like terry smith was actually right in the prose i posted here on his yearly ramblings a while back. He did actually say at the time that centrica was uninvestible(at that time) back then when it was still £1.60 or so, im cant remember how he even got round to mentioning it really, he's mainly interested in US companies.

Lightscribe
51 minutes ago, BearyBear said:

CNA is in a 5 years downtrend making new lows nearly every day for the last 2 months. Better not touch.

I have very little CNA at the moment, but have found my strategy of allocating monthly amounts has served me well so far. I shall be waiting around the 100 Mark with CNA as it’ll be a resistance and shorts will close.

VOD seems to have bottomed at the 140ish mark, so have had several monthly allocations there hopefully hitting that several times (this could go lower still of course initially in a stock market crash scenario)

RMG and WHM are on the way back up too and got a few allocations there. DRX still in the green for me, as well as my gold silver/miners HOC and will add more if they return to lows.

Have added some BAE last month and will continue to do so. My ISA portfolio is looking relatively solid at the moment, but it isn’t really a concern of any red allocations. This is a lifetime portfolio for me, so I’m mearly trying to average in on the lows and re-invest any dividends.

Bobthebuilder
20 minutes ago, Sideysid said:

I have very little CNA at the moment, but have found my strategy of allocating monthly amounts has served me well so far. I shall be waiting around the 100 Mark with CNA as it’ll be a resistance and shorts will close.

VOD seems to have bottomed at the 140ish mark, so have had several monthly allocations there hopefully hitting that several times (this could go lower still of course initially in a stock market crash scenario)

RMG and WHM are on the way back up too and got a few allocations there. DRX still in the green for me, as well as my gold silver/miners HOC and will add more if they return to lows.

Have added some BAE last month and will continue to do so. My ISA portfolio is looking relatively solid at the moment, but it isn’t really a concern of any red allocations. This is a lifetime portfolio for me, so I’m mearly trying to average in on the lows and re-invest any dividends.

Totally agree with that.

I drip feed monthly, yeah i know its not for everyone but im happy with it.

Lightscribe

In regards to BTC, on here a few months back, I mentioned I bought an allocation at low $4k range, then further in the lower $3k range.

I sold 25% at $5.1k. It’s tried to go above $5.5k since then and failed. If pumps and fails again then I’ll think it’ll go back slowly sink back into the $3k range in which I’ll reinvest the 25%. If it makes it to $6k, I shall sell another 25% and let the other 50% ride.

The only crypto I hold is BTC, LTC and XMR. They are the only ones I consider so far to have real world use.

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
2 hours ago, BearyBear said:

CNA is in a 5 years downtrend making new lows nearly every day for the last 2 months. Better not touch.

CNA is my biggest holding, i was going to buy my last block at around £1 ...em not sure now, i'll wait and see, BUT i still think CNA will come RIGHT long term:D

Anyway onto some GOOD NEWS! :Jumping:

"London SLUMP DRAGS UK house price growth to more than six-year LOW"

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/london-slump-drags-uk-house-price-growth-more-083301263--business.html

BTW, NO i'm NOT that Eric guy at ToS!:Old:

Yes my fledgling portfolio is also looking rather sick:(.  Stagecoach is beating Centrica in its losses so far but let's hope the turn is just around the corner.  My one bright spot at the moment is Tesco which I bought just before their latest results were announced.  I need to recoup some of what I've spent with them for the past many years!

Democorruptcy
9 hours ago, Sideysid said:

Postie mate of mine reckons 8,000 jobs could be going at RMG to be announced in May. Not sackings, people won't be replaced when they leave/retire etc.

He also said they are trying to bring forward the next USO review. If ever they manage to reduce deliveries from 6 to 5 days the cost savings will be immense.

Inoperational Bumblebee

Well Sibanye seemed to find a bottom around $3.75 - up nearly 8% today. I'm guessing it's because palladium is on the way back up again.

12 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Well Sibanye seemed to find a bottom around $3.75 - up nearly 8% today. I'm guessing it's because palladium is on the way back up again.

AMCU rolled over and signed the wage agreement yesterday. The strike is over with Sibanye not giving an inch, a massive victory for Froneman. 

Hi Durham born,

you have mentioned in the past that the next cycle will see big infrastructure spending in the UK. Do you think this would include spending heavily

on new or existing hospitals and also staffing levels.?

Thanks.

Castlevania
3 hours ago, Gin said:

Hi Durham born,

you have mentioned in the past that the next cycle will see big infrastructure spending in the UK. Do you think this would include spending heavily

on new or existing hospitals and also staffing levels.?

Thanks.

If Labour get in they’ll “invest” in the NHS. What will most probably happen is that the number of middle managers and pen pushers will increase and they’ll give themselves nice big pay rises. The quality of care will barely change.

The NHS is the UK’s military industrial complex.  Quality of care isn’t really relevant. 
Either government could just throw money into the NHS to increase velocity and not spend on infrastructure investment.
A lot more politically palatable. 

On 17/04/2019 at 11:10, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

CNA is my biggest holding, i was going to buy my last block at around £1 ...em not sure now, i'll wait and see, BUT i still think CNA will come RIGHT long term:D

Anyway onto some GOOD NEWS! :Jumping:

"London SLUMP DRAGS UK house price growth to more than six-year LOW"

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/london-slump-drags-uk-house-price-growth-more-083301263--business.html

BTW, NO i'm NOT that Eric guy at ToS!:Old:

I recently bought CNA when it dropped to 119p interday. I thought I was clever as over the next week it climbed steadily. Buy the dip I thought. It has taught me not to invest in what appears to be a slow death company without confirmation that it is in an upturn. Either that or play the super long game of scaling in over several years like some of you guys. Which is fair enough though I don't think it suits my psychology, personally speaking.

I have a small holding and am considering adding if it drops below 100p but as I say, it doesn't quite feel right for me.

Sods law being what it is, CNA will hit 99p and the market will say "That's crazy" and that will be the pivot point starting a huge multi year rally which leads the share price to 400p+ whilst spitting out meaty dividends.

Who the hell knows? Who has any idea as to just how low CNA can go? 

leonardratso
21 minutes ago, billfunk said:

I recently bought CNA when it dropped to 119p interday. I thought I was clever as over the next week it climbed steadily. Buy the dip I thought. It has taught me not to invest in what appears to be a slow death company without confirmation that it is in an upturn. Either that or play the super long game of scaling in over several years like some of you guys. Which is fair enough though I don't think it suits my psychology, personally speaking.

I have a small holding and am considering adding if it drops below 100p but as I say, it doesn't quite feel right for me.

Sods law being what it is, CNA will hit 99p and the market will say "That's crazy" and that will be the pivot point starting a huge multi year rally which leads the share price to 400p+ whilst spitting out meaty dividends.

Who the hell knows? Who has any idea as to just how low CNA can go? 

zero is the lowest i reckon.

Random thought driving around all i see is retirement appartments being built and with lots of news about baby boomers coming into retirement so what about REITS for these retirment homes 

Archived