• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

DurhamBorn

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come.

F**king Flybe, sold us out for 1p a share, to think I was going to sell last night for 16p. Well we all have to learn at some point to follow Buffett's advice a little more religiously! Still an absolute con job though. Previous rejected bid was at 40p, and last night's news suggested 9p which at the time I was furious about. Never too early for a drink methinks!

Edited by Barnsey

5 hours ago, macca said:

What would our parliament look like after the next general election?

would it be riots? Yellow vest movement U.K. 

Would the Tories/Labour be wiped out by protest votes because of the failure of democracy? 

I really can’t see Brexit being swept under the carpet.. Maybe I’m wrong but I think if Brexit is stopped/fudged.. There will be consequences!

The far right has risen across Europe, if they once again ignore the public over the ongoing destruction of our stadards of living, be that because of immigration or from monetary policy people will react.. I’m not totally sure how yet! 

I just feel this could be the last straw for the disenfranchised! No Brexit could be allot worse than Brexit.. 

Agrred.

We are having Brexit. I vote remain by the way.

The numbers against Europe - for avrious reasons -are just too hgih.

If they wanted to thrwat Brexit they should have set a 60% hurdgel on he vote.

But i doubt that would have sorted thigns.

51% voted out. Thats too high a margin to stay in.

UK pols had 30 years chanceto make UK-EU work.  And it was up til about 2004 when Brown/Blair started.

Again, if it was not for Brons tax  credits and Balirs showing off by letting EErs in then there would have not been a Brexit.

2 hours ago, Barnsey said:

F**king Flybe, sold us out for 1p a share, to think I was going to sell last night for 16p. Well we all have to learn at some point to follow Buffett's advice a little more religiously! Still an absolute con job though. Previous rejected bid was at 40p, and last night's news suggested 9p which at the time I was furious about. Never too early for a drink methinks!

I'll just add, be very careful when looking at asset value, Flybe NAV per share was at 50p+, and yet I'm getting robbed at 1p a share. I would have hoped to get something in the middle which is why I held on so long, nothing to suggest this would have happened, then BAM!

@DurhamBorn method of selling when 20% up would have served me well. Granted, the aviation sector is quite risky, but debt does indeed seem to rule over everything else, however logical your thought process may be.

Edited by Barnsey

A lot of talk all over the place about what Jeff Bezos divorce will do to Amazon if 50% gets awarded to his wife. Some unkind people are recalling Enron where Lou Pai cashed out and transferred all the money to his ex wife just before everything collapsed. Under normal circumstances he would have been done for insider trading, but he could truthfully say "the court made me do it."

Obviously no suggestion at all that there's any similarity. 

2 hours ago, Barnsey said:

I'll just add, be very careful when looking at asset value, Flybe NAV per share was at 50p+, and yet I'm getting robbed at 1p a share. I would have hoped to get something in the middle which is why I held on so long, nothing to suggest this would have happened, then BAM!

@DurhamBorn method of selling when 20% up would have served me well. Granted, the aviation sector is quite risky, but debt does indeed seem to rule over everything else, however logical your thought process may be.

Looks like they have literally run out of cash due to the Credit Card companies requiring more collateral, seems a tad odd that they have loads of "assets" on the balance sheet but they are still deemed a bigger risk?  Unless the insurers know something we don't and are pricing those assets at what people will pay for them, in say, 6 months? (£0)

After making appropriate enquiries and considering the assumptions and uncertainties described

above, the Directors consider that it is appropriate to adopt the going concern basis in preparing the

consolidated financial statements. Accordingly, the financial statements do not include any adjustments

which would be required if the going concern basis of preparation were deemed to be inappropriate.

If the Group’s card acquirers were to choose to seek significantly higher cash collateral and the Group

cannot access sufficient additional liquidity, this would give rise to a material uncertainty which may cast

significant doubt about the Group’s ability to continue as a going concern.

5 hours ago, Barnsey said:

I don't want to come over all like your mum, but I'm worried about the company you keep!

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

A lot of talk all over the place about what Jeff Bezos divorce will do to Amazon if 50% gets awarded to his wife. Some unkind people are recalling Enron where Lou Pai cashed out and transferred all the money to his ex wife just before everything collapsed. Under normal circumstances he would have been done for insider trading, but he could truthfully say "the court made me do it."

I've heard of timing the markets but your divorce?

1 hour ago, Majorpain said:

Looks like they have literally run out of cash due to the Credit Card companies requiring more collateral, seems a tad odd that they have loads of "assets" on the balance sheet but they are still deemed a bigger risk?  Unless the insurers know something we don't and are pricing those assets at what people will pay for them, in say, 6 months? (£0)

Not that they're bust but reminds me how watching an accountant liquidator go through the books, especially the alledged assets, is something to behold!  Wields a pen like a 1700's sailor with cut throat razor down Plymouth docks!

Edited by Harley

Hate times like this.  Only back to work today, looking to get back on the horse, and the markets are just where you don't want them to be.

Should have spent a little time on it after Christmas.  Oh what to do?

Money to invest in good div companies and their weekly technicals are mostly looking good, but the buy signals were back at year end.

So I look to the FTSE100 overall for context and its hitting resistance while the shorts are beginning to turn up.

Worse, we could see a repeat of 2015/16 with another downleg coming, or not!

Capture.thumb.PNG.9a977fab391f2b9b46cf0a1eb069c98a.PNG

Think I'll wait until today's weekly close and dribble a bit in on (hopefully not black) Monday!

Oh well, at least I can hug my October PM purchases in the interim! 

Or should that be have a nice tea in their possible very long term cup and saucer chart pattern!

6 hours ago, Barnsey said:

Another Virgin stitch up? When they got Northern Rock on the cheap from taxpayers, there must have been a few chuckles about the £747m price being a jumbo jet.

On 08/01/2019 at 23:18, sancho panza said:

On 08/01/2019 at 22:30, DurhamBorn said:

Iv been busy on Ebay SP buying my summer clothes (second hand of course),it takes me a while as i only go for the quality stuff and will only pay peanuts so miss a lot of the auctions,but iv spent £160 and if i had bought it all new about £1000.As you mention Footasylum i got a lovely pair of white trainers,almost new,£49 in there,got them for £12 delivered.I always go for the ones with womens names on account,and who havent a lot of feedback,and start auctions at 99p no reserve.I find these tend to be people with an ex just getting shot of his gear, xD,i check every day an never ever bid more than a few £ plus postage,lose 8 for every 2 i get,but amazing the savings.People really are crazy.

On 08/01/2019 at 23:18, sancho panza said:

That's brilliant,I'll have to have a butchers. @Yellow_Reduced_Sticker should be told. I got loads of decent food half price Christmas Eve at Aldi,but mrs P won't let me have a huge freezer in the garage,so sadly couldn't do the opportunity justice.

Makes it harder to explain why some retialers are rallying.Curently only one tiny short on Anglo Am.But getting more tempted as the market rally I predicted in early dec(wrong),mid dec(wrong again) late dec (wrongagain again) finally arrives and lifts builders and the likes of card factory.

@DurhamBorn  @sancho panza Thanks for the Ebay TIP!

I must say though, I've got to be the TIGHTEST ...frugal old scrimper on this board as i haven't spent £160 on second hand clothes in the last DECADE! :Old:

As I've said before i do the boot-sales and never pay more than a couple of quid for trousers/shirts etc ...however i do let myself go and pay up to a fiver for good quality footwear! xD

1 hour ago, Harley said:

I don't want to come over all like your mum, but I'm worried about the company you keep!

I've heard of timing the markets but your divorce?

They are looking like coming out of this with a settlement of 59 billion dollars each... For 59B I would consider 4 weddings and a funeral as well as divorce. 

6 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

They are looking like coming out of this with a settlement of 59 billion dollars each... For 59B I would consider 4 weddings and a funeral as well as divorce. 

The lady could make a tidy sum from Mr Market just by being paid not to sell her shares!

Edited by Harley

4 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Possible.

The future of Debenhams relies on this pair of MILFy tits

article-0-0F4DDA3000000578-173_468x706.j

5 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

@DurhamBorn  @sancho panza Thanks for the Ebay TIP!

I must say though, I've got to be the TIGHTEST ...frugal old scrimper on this board as i haven't spent £160 on second hand clothes in the last DECADE! :Old:

As I've said before i do the boot-sales and never pay more than a couple of quid for trousers/shirts etc ...however i do let myself go and pay up to a fiver for good quality footwear! xD

DB and Yellow Sticker spotted in Tesco xD

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6580777/Tesco-shoppers-shove-way-fling-items-baskets-discount-frenzy.html

15 minutes ago, harp said:

I've seen similarly days in Sainsburys, Dalston, East London, fucking useless people, usually just after xmas for the bargains.Shit bargains shit people, shit product,, just shit.

40 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I've seen similarly days in Sainsburys, Dalston, East London, fucking useless people, usually just after xmas for the bargains.Shit bargains shit people, shit product,, just shit.

makes me wonder if its greed or if people realy are that poor they will fight to save a few quid.ive noticed a lot of begging they call it gifting requests on facebook selling sites recently.far more than normal.

1 hour ago, Bobthebuilder said:

They can't operate like that.  The liability of someone getting injured will be way greater than the recovered cash from selling unsellable stuff cheap.

Edited by dgul

Bank of Japan quietly reloads its bazooka.

http://www.atimes.com/article/bank-of-japan-quietly-reloads-its-bazooka/

Taper talk is quickly swinging to easing chatter. There’s an open question of how much good that might do. After all, the BOJ’s epic stimulus efforts only got us about halfway to the 2% inflation target. Nor did the yen’s drop, which produced record profits for giant exporters, catalyzing executives to fatten paychecks.

Even so, Kuroda’s team is best suited to counter speculators betting on a continued yen upswing. The yen could easily jump to 100 versus the dollar in coming months from 108 now, Kazuo Momma, a former BOJ executive director, told Bloomberg. Expect Kuroda to strategize with Finance Minister Taro Aso on ways to chasten yen bulls, including threatening to intervene to sell yen.

Any move to soften the yen would irk Trump, putting the BOJ in the president’s Twitter crosshairs. It would be better, of course, if Abe pursued supply-side reforms to restore national competitiveness. Bold talk of generating a startup boom, empowering women and cutting bureaucracy has amounted to too little six years on.

Yet Abe’s Liberal Democratic Party continues to rely on BOJ cash. That’s why, for better or worse, Kuroda and company are back on the job – bazookas locked and loaded.

Haruhiko-Kuroda-960x576.jpg

9 hours ago, spygirl said:

Possible.

The future of Debenhams relies on this pair of MILFy tits

article-0-0F4DDA3000000578-173_468x706.j

Possibly the most expensive motivational lesson ever. Very nice pair mind, would get me up in the mornings

8 hours ago, stokiescum said:

makes me wonder if its greed or if people realy are that poor they will fight to save a few quid.ive noticed a lot of begging they call it gifting requests on facebook selling sites recently.far more than normal.

Stupid and greedy. The people are not brits, just various beneift scum that have washed up.
Fighting over Tesco reduced sfood is daft if you have a nearby fruit n veg market. Combine that with cheap meat offcuts and you can eat very very cheaplu.

Just shjows what dross has washed up i ntye UK. It never makes sense tto try and save money of food in a major tonw. Rather than waste your time hanging arooud for discounted junk you can get cash in hands jobs that will more than pay for good for.

12 hours ago, harp said:

And they are all wearing headscarves to protect their ID, and the shame of being reported in the DM......that's it, next time I go shopping in Tesco I am taking the tazer! :-)

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

Stupid and greedy. The people are not brits, just various beneift scum that have washed up.
Fighting over Tesco reduced sfood is daft if you have a nearby fruit n veg market. Combine that with cheap meat offcuts and you can eat very very cheaplu.

Just shjows what dross has washed up i ntye UK. It never makes sense tto try and save money of food in a major tonw. Rather than waste your time hanging arooud for discounted junk you can get cash in hands jobs that will more than pay for good for.

Our Tesco is great,lots of reductions on good quality stuff and very little competition for it.Mondays or Tuesdays when its raining are best.We are starting to get more incomers though,my daughter has just got a couple of new ones to visit ( MH nurse) as they have come in and are already on the sex offenders list.Been here two years and free house,sickness benefit PIP etc £20k+ a year and the skills they brought are touching up 13 year olds.Its insanity.We have the worst politicians probably in history at the moment.Pretty much everyone i know isnt far away from hanging them off lamposts stage.I dont think they understand how close we are to a massive revolt.If recession hits while they stitch up the people over brexit that might be enough.

11 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Stokie, I think the issue is that people have lost their sense of shame/self respect...don't get me wrong, I too hunt out the bargain section on a regular basis; I even find I begrudge paying full price now, but when it becomes a greedy scrum I just walk away...or satisfy myself by dropping the odd `Finest` item in their greedy trollies whilst they are busy with their snouts in the trough.

12 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Our Tesco is great,lots of reductions on good quality stuff and very little competition for it.Mondays or Tuesdays when its raining are best.We are starting to get more incomers though,my daughter has just got a couple of new ones to visit ( MH nurse) as they have come in and are already on the sex offenders list.Been here two years and free house,sickness benefit PIP etc £20k+ a year and the skills they brought are touching up 13 year olds.Its insanity.We have the worst politicians probably in history at the moment.Pretty much everyone i know isnt far away from hanging them off lamposts stage.I dont think they understand how close we are to a massive revolt.If recession hits while they stitch up the people over brexit that might be enough.

Its the great Stockton overspill.

There are handfuls being scattered in various Co Durham pit villages and Durham.

The number of 'police seeking a men' for various sexual assaults all the way up to rape are going nuts.

These are all pretty various ME/Mozzers.

Pretty tought boro wimmin wont walk down linthrope after dark now, too many muzzer ME scummers just hanging around, waiting.