• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

When luvvies and the famous find they live in the same world as the rest of us

3 minutes ago, 201p said:

He was robbed whilst in his Ranger Rover, https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6450589/moped-thugs-target-telly-fave-michael-mcintyre/

Although he also has a Ferrari.

I think the time will return when people with wealth drive more stealth like cars. 

Who would have thought that prancing about on stage telling bad jokes would be so lucrative. 

Strange as he appears to be wearing a watch in that picture.

It could be a stock photo but he is wearing the same clothing described in the story. 

Or maybe he wears the same outfit every day. 

Just now, ccc said:

It could be a stock photo but he is wearing the same clothing described in the story. 

Maybe after splurging  out on fancy cars and watches, he can only afford one set of clothes

Posted (edited)

Other pic with police shows no watch. Pretty poor use of a stock picture.

I did think he appeared to look rather happy in the pic almost laughing.

Edited by ccc

Also, Range Rover windows damaged but not smashed through. He must have handed them the watch. I'd have run them over. RR versus scooter- no contest.

15 minutes ago, ccc said:

At The Sun link, there is also a video, where he drives off without his watch. His body language was showing signs of shock and sadness. I think he was definitely not in a laughing mood like in the stock photo that The Sun used in the same article. 

9 minutes ago, Anglepoise said:

Also, Range Rover windows damaged but not smashed through. He must have handed them the watch. I'd have run them over. RR versus scooter- no contest.

£15K Vs £500K compo payout because of "stress" to moped riders. I think that was what he was thinking!

His success isn't just about him. He is a host to a variety of other performers. He is the big fish in his little pond*. He was reported to be the world's most highly paid comedian back in 2012 according to his Wiki page.

*Like how Cowell owns his "pond" in X-Factor, which is essentially a variety of performers.

That is why media is concerned about diversity and inclusion - the more you have in there, the bigger audiences you'll get and the more money you'll make.

I don't know their political persuasions, but that is the theory.

47 minutes ago, ccc said:

A long way down the page Michael later replaced his watch with a spare

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Guessing you haven't watched his recent tv show?

No, used to watch him, but the TV is on about 1/2 hour at the most these days. Did I miss anything?

3 minutes ago, 201p said:

No, used to watch him, but the TV is on about 1/2 hour at the most these days. Did I miss anything?

the @send to all@ bit of his show (OFF my keyboard has fucked up. ffs windows 10 you bastard)
is verging on insanely horrid and amusing. 
I've only seen two ... 

26 minutes ago, 201p said:

His success isn't just about him. He is a host to a variety of other performers. He is the big fish in his little pond*. He was reported to be the world's most highly paid comedian back in 2012 according to his Wiki page.

*Like how Cowell owns his "pond" in X-Factor, which is essentially a variety of performers.

That is why media is concerned about diversity and inclusion - the more you have in there, the bigger audiences you'll get and the more money you'll make.

I don't know their political persuasions, but that is the theory.

Yeah, if you are going to break it in the media world. Create a show that you own and a host to, and invite acts to participate. Get the show marketed to the world, and you'll be set up for life!

---

Ideas if you are in media.

The Hobby Variety show - invite people with weird and wonderful hobbies. Everyone has a hobby.

The Gardening Variety show - invite or go round to peoples gardens. How to start this. Start a youtube channel about gardening, then invite your subscribers to invite you round. Ground Force was a bit like this - BUT it is harder work as you have to design and build a garden. My way you're just interviewing.

Home Do Up and Sell - ah we already have it with Homes under the Hammer.

Etc..

4 minutes ago, 201p said:

Actually we found him quite amusing.

He would get some celebrity to hand over their phone and send some slightly inappropriate text to every contact.

Some of the replies (from fellow celebs) could be very funny, especially as it was live.

My wife watches him on youtube, and says my mannerisms are like him (prob why she married me). I can't see it myself, and I don't have £ms in the bank. Ha.

He seems a nice genuine guy and he absolutely struggled for years; I think this will really shake him up as he doesn't seem very confident.

I don't like his act but he explained that his previous free form comedy was much less successful and wasn't paying the bills whereas the fully scripted stuff that made him so successful leaves me cold.

20 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Actually we found him quite amusing.

He would get some celebrity to hand over their phone and send some slightly inappropriate text to every contact.

Some of the replies (from fellow celebs) could be very funny, especially as it was live.

99% sure that segment is all contrived.

36 minutes ago, 201p said:

Yeah, if you are going to break it in the media world. Create a show that you own and a host to, and invite acts to participate. Get the show marketed to the world, and you'll be set up for life!

---

Ideas if you are in media.

The Hobby Variety show - invite people with weird and wonderful hobbies. Everyone has a hobby.

The Gardening Variety show - invite or go round to peoples gardens. How to start this. Start a youtube channel about gardening, then invite your subscribers to invite you round. Ground Force was a bit like this - BUT it is harder work as you have to design and build a garden. My way you're just interviewing.

Home Do Up and Sell - ah we already have it with Homes under the Hammer.

Etc..

There;'s a quiz show made at  YouTube Space ...
It's quite good! Just normal people on it (ok they might all have you tube channels. but two of them the other day were a bit slow on didn't guess smurfs as the answer for what is three apples tall, even the last clue of them being blue didn't help)