• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

dgul

Bye bye Treason May?

8 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Johnson's left the cabinet, not the party. Here's hoping that Mogg can be in a new cabinet with Johnson as PM. Can't be any worse than the current setup. 

Noooooooooooooooo!

Shameless wanker without a scruple to his name. He couldn't deliver a letter, never mind Brexit.

1 minute ago, Fossildog said:

Heard that May's detailed Brexit plan has been delayed from being published due to difficulties translating it from German

xD

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

The leadership must be up for grabs. Boris would not have shown his hand early so must be certain that he had enough backing in the party to be installed without another bloodbath in the party. 

Interesting to see how Boris is going to tread the line of satisfying the obvious demand from the city and tory grandees for the UK to remain and the requirement of the voters to really Brexit. If the people are denied this the loss of faith in the political system could get very interesting indeed. 

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. 

Unfortunately, Heathrow, or was he waiting for the big one.

Someone on R4 today said he would not quit 'cause he liked the prestigious job!

Took his time, must have been quite some soundings, aborted deals, deals.

Took his time over backing Brexit last time too.

Edited by No Duff

9 minutes ago, dgul said:

They're not resigning from the party.  They're resigning from the cabinet.  He's not in the cabinet.

[TM couldn't have him in the cabinet as he's too clever for her]

JRM: 'Point of order, Mrs Prime Minister'. 

TM: (sighing) Yes, what is it Jacob?

JRM: Prime Minister, you referred to the re-introduction of the sub-clause 671b in the instrument to amend trade with the European Union. I am sure you are aware, Prime Minister, that such a clause is in direct contravention to II George 17.1, namely, the Loyal Succession of Protestant Nationality 1734. As you no doubt remember, it was the failure of Queen Anne to allow trade with the Low Countries that led to the eventual passing of the act by your predecessor Mr Walpole, but more crucially, the second section refers only to 'mens actua in parensis Rex' which I as I am sure you do not need to be reminded, is the duty of the sovereign to scrutinise and amend any such legislation which falls under such a heading. May I ask therefore Prime Minister why this clause is included?

(Pause)

TM: IT JUST IS, OK?????

Posted (edited)

TM speaking right now.  Raab in the background looking pensive, like he's thinking things through...  Gove looks cross.

Edited by dgul

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

Heard that May's detailed Brexit plan has been delayed from being published due to difficulties translating it from German

Time for us to show the world, especially the Greeks, Italians, Catalans, and Poles, (probably missed a few) how you deal with the Germans (well Merkel), again!

Edited by No Duff

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, dgul said:

TM speaking right now.  Raab in the background looking pensive, like he's thinking things through...  Gove looks cross.

link?

Edited by Admiral Pepe

8 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

Brilliant xD I just nicked it and tweeted it out to the BREXIT hastags.

1 minute ago, Admiral Pepe said:

link?

Try one of the German TV stations.

Posted (edited)

The only issue I have with Steptoe and May is working out which one makes me feels more nauseous

Edited by Zanu Bob

Just now, No Duff said:

Jobshare.  They take it in turns.  Punch and Judy.

Bit harsh on Punch and judy.Wtf have they done to you?

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I just listened to an interview on YouTube with Digby pointing out one of the reasons he wanted to leave the EU was the difficulty one of his companies he had being able to bring in skilled programmers from India.  Not quite the reason I voted Brexit.