• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

dgul

Bye bye Treason May?

2 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

If she had fought the election on a strong Brexit it would have been a landslide victory. Instead she waffled on about legalising fox hunting, which conveniently destroyed the Conservatives parliamentary majority - she almost over did it! This was planned from the outset. She is a fucking treasonous plant by tptb - my only fear is that the so-called cabinet brexiteers are also in on this.

That is my worry, we are being stitched up.

Its a week until summer recess, if nothing happens before then she is here until we dont leave the EU on March 29th.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

May and bus driver's son on Andrew Marr tomorrow. Nice balanced BBC biased propaganda no doubt?

Their propaganda no longer works, people are going to DOSBODS for their non fake news. (and the rest of the internet)

"Airbus bosses are furious after the Government spurred them to publish a dire forecast of the impact of Brexit before handing a prize £2bn RAF contract to US rival Boeing without a competition"

"The Telegraph has learnt that last month’s bombshell warning from Airbus that it could be forced to leave the UK came after discussions with senior Remainer ministers preparing for the Chequers summit

Also, on the Airbus thing, Welsh Conservative leader quits...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-44627729

"In the latter stages of his seven years in charge there have been obvious tensions. As a staunch supporter of Brexit he came out on the winning side, a personal high point. But it made for a strained relationship with Downing Street.

Critical comments about Airbus's threat to leave the UK angered some of his Conservative colleagues."

Then goes on to say...

"And so a pro-Brexit leader has made way and Remainer Paul Davies is his likely successor. "

The whole thing is rotten to the core. 

9 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

Also, on the Airbus thing, Welsh Conservative leader quits...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-44627729

"In the latter stages of his seven years in charge there have been obvious tensions. As a staunch supporter of Brexit he came out on the winning side, a personal high point. But it made for a strained relationship with Downing Street.

Critical comments about Airbus's threat to leave the UK angered some of his Conservative colleagues."

Then goes on to say...

"And so a pro-Brexit leader has made way and Remainer Paul Davies is his likely successor. "

The whole thing is rotten to the core. 

FUCKING STINKS.

Just how long before the letters of no-confidence go in, they'd better do it soon ...

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, JFK said:

FUCKING STINKS.

Just how long before the letters of no-confidence go in, they'd better do it soon ...

Just been reading an article in the ft. Seems the reason this isnt happening is becuase theyd then need 159 votes to defeat her in a leadership challenge and the chances of that are very slim.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/d5532036-866f-11e8-96dd-fa565ec55929

Edited by Banned by HPC

6 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

Just been reading an article in the ft. Seems the reason this isnt happening is becuase theyd then need 159 votes to defeat her in a leadership challenge and the chances of that are very slim.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/d5532036-866f-11e8-96dd-fa565ec55929

If they can’t muster up 159 pro Brexit votes then they are not fit for purpose - time for a fourth way.

6 hours ago, JFK said:

UKIP for me. Fuck the cons, they don't deserve to win. Let commie in, let him fuck it up, let teh whole thing burn.

paywall, got a quote?

Google Brexit chaos puts Conservatives on the edge of a breakdown. Usually works for skipping the paywall

7 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Perhaps May is playing a blinder? Today we have the odious federast Mandleslime coming out and saying that May's deal is worse than crashing out with no deal. No Remain-supporting Labour MP could suport this plan.

It could be that May is holding up her shit-sandwich soft Brexit in order to have it thoroughly torn apart by all sides and then presses ahead with the real deal which is much more palatable to all, both Remainers and Brexiters, who, having seen the alternative, unite behind it.

Of course the reality probably is that May is so fucking treacherous, poisonous and incompetent that she's betrayed everybody and fucked everything up because she has no actual clue. Hopefully she's fatally bitten herself too.

Oh well it's nice to dream.

She would have played it differently,  written in stuff that she knew the EU would find unacceptable and then when rejected she could say I did my best, negotiated with all internal party members and Brexit team but could not get a deal acceptable to the EU.

Nope, this is her backdoor route to Remain +, bypass the official Brexit team, do a deal with the EU and issue as fait accompli, eve cosy up with other parties in the background to get their pre-support before sticking the knife into the back of Brexit. 

1 hour ago, the gardener said:

Of course the reality probably is that May is so fucking treacherous, poisonous and incompetent that she's betrayed everybody and fucked everything up because she has no actual clue. Hopefully she's fatally bitten herself too.

Jacob Rees-Mogg in unprecedented attack on ‘secretive’ May: She ALWAYS wanted soft Brexit

JACOB REES-MOGG has launched a scathing attack on “oddly secretive” Treason May, accusing her of breaking the public’s trust by deceiving Leave voters over Brexit. It came as Boris Johnson, described by colleagues as feeling “utterly betrayed” by the Prime Minister, prepares to deliver a resignation speech this week criticising her Brexit plans.

Writing exclusively in the Sunday Express, Mr Rees-Mogg, who until now has resisted criticising Mrs May, let rip at the Prime Minister, claiming she had abandoned her “Brexit means Brexit” mantra, wasted taxpayers’ money by “pretending” she would deliver Brexit and describing her as a “Remainer who has stuck with Remain”.

Alrighty then!

Can anyone clarify something that has always puzzled me about the EU - members' voting rights.

My understanding was that decisions need to be unanimous.

So were we to remain, and simply veto absolutely every single thing the EU ever attempted to do, then the EU project stops then and there. Literally nothing could ever happen. No legislation could ever be enacted.

Indeed I thought that was more or less what our MEPs were doing in Brussels all those years.

So, to pick but one example - did we vote to "fine" Hungary and Belgium? We must have. Why did we do that?

Or, is my description not accurate?

1 hour ago, the gardener said:

Today we have the odious federast Mandleslime coming out and saying that May's deal is worse than crashing out with no deal

Well thats it then, if Mandelslime says no deal is better then no-deal it is and call the fuckers bluff, get the summer over and I'm all up for 6-9 months of chaos, beats rabbiting on about Novichok and Trump.

After that everything is Negotiable, all we need now is Britain finest and most capable politicians from across the political spectrum to join forces and sort it out for the benefit of the whole country.

I suggest we start a list, anybody got an idea?

19 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Can anyone clarify something that has always puzzled me about the EU - members' voting rights.

My understanding was that decisions need to be unanimous.

So were we to remain, and simply veto absolutely every single thing the EU ever attempted to do, then the EU project stops then and there. Literally nothing could ever happen. No legislation could ever be enacted.

Indeed I thought that was more or less what our MEPs were doing in Brussels all those years.

So, to pick but one example - did we vote to "fine" Hungary and Belgium? We must have. Why did we do that?

Or, is my description not accurate?

I'm pretty sure they ditched the unanimous thing when the EU expanded east.

1 minute ago, This Time said:

I'm pretty sure they ditched the unanimous thing when the EU expanded east.

If so: why did we agree that they could do that? Isn't that "treaty change" and scope-creep?

I'm trying to understand how on earth we ever got to this position.

3 minutes ago, DTMark said:

If so: why did we agree that they could do that? Isn't that "treaty change" and scope-creep?

I'm trying to understand how on earth we ever got to this position.

It predates DOSBODS.

No way they could get away with it now.

5 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

It predates DOSBODS.

No way they could get away with it now.

I just don't understand the timeline of this at all.

I completely understand the European Union's desire for a power grab. Indeed that direction of travel is obvious. The EU army is now set to become a reality.

What I cannot understand is how any politician in any country, which signed up originally, would ever sign something that ceded their own rights and powers in such a way.

How, right at the point where voting rights were set to change, and the entire project morphed from "we'll start an agreement where we can rule on things if we all agree, in all our interests, and we will proceed only if it is in all our interests" to "we'll form an EU government which can tell your country what to do": why anyone ever signed that?

We must have signed something to that effect.

If we did not, then the solution is simple. We remain in the European Union and we obey only the rules we like. We make only the payments we want, and we only involve ourselves with things that interest us. When the EU gets annoyed, we simply point out that we're under no obligation to obey; we never agreed to do so in the first place. You can f*** off. The ECJ can rule on whatever it likes, and we'll tell then to f*** off too. These institution have no such power.

More than that, they also have no power to expel us. So we therefore cripple the entire project from the inside. In concert with Italy, Hungary, Poland..

So what was it that we signed? Was it the Maastricht Treaty?