• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

dgul

Bye bye Treason May?

When will Theresa May not be PM?  

59 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. When will Theresa May be gone from Number 10?

• By this time next week!
    • Before the end of this year
    • Before the end of 2019
    • Before the end of 2020
    • After 2021 :(

I voted Labour at the last election. Marginal constituency and there was no way we could let the Conservatives have a massive majority - I voted conservative at the previous 3 elections. My constituency went from blue to red. So there were clearly others that felt like me.

I'm relieved that May didnt get back in with a whacking majority. If we get a GE I'm voting Labour again.

Edited by Roger_Mellie

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

I agree with that sentiment

But IMO a Corbyn government will collapse through disunity very rapidly.

Maybe another Labour Government or another party will follow rather than the Tories,

But I feel that Corbyn will fall quickly,

And while Tories will happily kick this Tory Government out  I think they will return to a different Tory party.

It will take a long time before anyone will trust them again ,there`s a huge opportunity for UKIP there were 400+ ? leave seats 

Parliament is the real deal if she gets that far 

2 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

I am just going to put this here 

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."

Humans are a funny species, we walk to the Gallows without a struggle when there is nothing to lose for fighting all the way.

Edited by Hopeful

3 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

I am just going to put this here 

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."

I’ve not read it, but I’m guessing gulag archipelago?

Just now, Long time lurking said:

It will take a long time before anyone will trust them again ,there`s a huge opportunity for UKIP there were 400+ ? leave seats 

Parliament is the real deal if she gets that far 

Perjaps May does not care about the Tory Party?

Perhaps she has been assured a very cushy EU post - perhaps even president?

6 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

One feels a massive change coming in UK politics, I'd like to see the odds on splits of both Labour and Cons in next 2-3 years. Labour will win the next GE easily as Brexiters and conservative voters like me will go over to UKIP or abstain. Cons will split. Corbyn will be a disaster. Labour will split. Another GE with a consortium of parties having to make compromises to get a government.

If the Referendum results were translated to a GE UKIP would have won 400 ish seats ....a massive opportunity for UKIP

12 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Perjaps May does not care about the Tory Party?

Perhaps she has been assured a very cushy EU post - perhaps even president?

She is not the Tory party though,only time will tell 

On another note it`s been reported the EU 27 will green light this deal ...this says it all  

All in all this will not get through parliament that`s almost guaranteed as the numbers don`t lie (caveat most of Labour would have to back it to get it through )

Edited by Long time lurking

A third party will now emerge. Politics is well and truly broken

The establishment have basically said nice try but you are not having what you voted for. 

The next cycle will see History repeat. 10 years or so will see a divided country and I would not be be surprised to see civil unrest now

12 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

There`s a huge opportunity for UKIP there were 400+ ? leave seats.

Politics is going to get very interesting. UKIP is also highlighting non-BREXIT related issues that resonate with an increasingly beaten down, ‘silent majority’.

12 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Yes it is and a very valid lesson. 

To get people to act needs a leader. One person, or a small group are easily overcome. That's why emerging leaders are quickly identified, taken out and dealt with harshly. 

10 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Am i reading this right ?

Is she saying there was no vote ? if so what the fuck was this all about ?

the So-Called BBC front page leads with

Brexit: Cabinet backs draft agreement

• ¬¬

16 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Am i reading this right ?

Is she saying there was no vote ? if so what the fuck was this all about ?

National interest / security

I strongly suspect they were told "this is in the national interest"

i said from day 1 we would be betrayed and all they were doing is buying time to prepare the police and army at barracks up and down the country for millions of people coming onto the streets in sustained countrywide peaceful protest. 

Edited by WorkingPoor

3 minutes ago, Agent ZigZag said:

The establishment have basically said nice try but you are not having what you voted for. 

The next cycle will see History repeat. 10 years or so will see a divided country and I would not be be surprised to see civil unrest now

Good. Partly why i  voted for it. Sick of the same old shite, swapping sides every decade or so and back and forth. 

I feel we need to hit the bottom in order to start afresh. 

Intersting times ahead. 

May will go down as being the worst PM we have ever had. 

2 minutes ago, Agent ZigZag said:

I wouldn't be surprised if several parties emerge. As a nation we are so disjointed.

Just now, Long time lurking said:

I`m confused how did they back it if there was no vote as suggested 

And what did they discuss for all those hours? I assume they just got into number ten and had a few bevvies to keep up appearances.

6 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

If they accept Tommy R then they could also potentially capture a large section of the population who traditionally have low turnout at elections. If TR can motivate those people to vote UKIP it could get interesting. 

He has done that already ,before his meeting with Lord Pearson UKIP was bankrupt ,that changed over night and it will continue to do so with GB in charge 

There`s a members vote due ASAP on whether TR should be allowed to join 

Edited by Long time lurking